Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Address This Before De Forget... Syndicate Void Key Reward

slykidd

So im sure by now everyone's has logged on and has seen that the void keys have been replaced by a random key instead. I knew DE was going to do this even though everyone said we didn't want this why would I pay 25k rep for a random set of keys? what's the deal with RNG?? this is 2015 i wont be so passive this time. The game has been in Beta (lets be honest we all know its in full release but wateves) for 2 years.

This year is the year of refining the game and improving. AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T LEARNED. The options DE gave us during the poll both were a "you're screwed" option. Give me fusion cores instead with the new primed mods gods knows people need them. Im so tired of DE having the RNG first mentality (and dont tell me they dont have that mindeset.). remember how quests were a way for RNG to not be as common? and now look at mesa. to this day i still havent fought mulatlist Alad V ocne!

Take out the keys for 25k rep key and give me 10 rare fusion cores for 20k thats all im asking for. im not asking for the world. just a reward that doesn't have RNG. Ill be honest this year is really going to define if i want to keep playing warframe/support it. If this is the year where everything is going to get a another look at then you dont have time to be going back and forth between small stuff like syndicates rewards when melee, parkour and weapon/warframe balance needs to get looked at.

tl;dr: random rewards are bad we hate em dont do it.

Edit: fixed grammar/spelling mistakes

Edited by slykidd

I honestly don't mind the change to syndicate key packs.  They were WAY to cheap before, and maybe they are a bit to pricey now, but its not a big deal.  Plus, sabotage keys are in there now, that is a plus. 

Although, I totally wouldn't be against being able to buy fusion cores from syndicates.  That would be pretty convenient. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

25k is like half of what I can farm of reputation in a day... why would I buy 3 random keys for all that time spent if I can just go to farm T4 keys without spending all that reputation?? That key pack seems quite unnecessary, and looks like a trap...

Just give us more syndicate weapons, and syndicate syandanas, and take away the keys... give us more fun stuff, no more random and not necessary fodder.

Edited by BLI7Z

I honestly don't mind the change to syndicate key packs.  They were WAY to cheap before, and maybe they are a bit to pricey now, but its not a big deal.  Plus, sabotage keys are in there now, that is a plus. 

Although, I totally wouldn't be against being able to buy fusion cores from syndicates.  That would be pretty convenient. 

how many times do you think your gonn get sab keys? just off the top of your head?

I like the key packs. Gives me something to waste syndicate points on after you get everything you need from the syndicates.

i dunno bout you but id rather buy augments.

you & some players said they didn t want it

other players including myself (no flame pls) said they didn't mind/were for it

DE took the decision

its leniency like this that make De think that adding rng is fine staph it!

Edited by slykidd

Sure there could have been better options for the keys, but eh.

Random keys for 25k rep that I'm not using on anything is more useful to me then stupidly cheap sets of t4 keys of one type.

It devalued them and made them pointless. Let it go.

I like the void trader.

I don't care that the primed mods take a lot to max because thats the point.

Honestly, this community is turning into the biggest bunch of babbies I have ever seen.

DE isn't perfect, they've screwed up but they've fixed all the massive mistakes they have made.

Honestly though i find the problem is the community mentality of "I want it now" and the pathological fear of change and movement. Couple that with entitlement and a complete unwillingness to realise that a huge part of DE's development process is based on experimentation and what you have there is a breeding ground for unconstructive whine.

People need to relax a little and try working with DE and not against them in some preconceived notion of "I know whats best and everyone agrees with me". The forum represents almost nothing of the total player base and even on here you're dealing with a variety of players all with different ideas as to what is and isn't good/bad. DE cannot possibly make everyone happy, they have to work with what they think keeps things in balance, is fun, paces the game, and pleases as much of the player base as possible.

This here is no exception. I have my own fair share of grievances but I'm definitely not under the illusion I know whats best or that everyone agrees with me.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Sure there could have been better options for the keys, but eh.

Random keys for 25k rep that I'm not using on anything is more useful to me then stupidly cheap sets of t4 keys of one type.

It devalued them and made them pointless. Let it go.

I like the void trader.

I don't care that the primed mods take a lot to max because thats the point.

Honestly, this community is turning into the biggest bunch of babbies I have ever seen.

DE isn't perfect, they've screwed up but they've fixed all the massive mistakes they have made.

Honestly though i find the problem is the community mentality of "I want it now" and the pathological fear of change and movement. Couple that with entitlement and a complete unwillingness to realise that a huge part of DE's development process is based on experimentation and what you have there is a breeding ground for unconstructive whine.

People need to relax a little and try working with DE and not against them in some preconceived notion of "I know whats best and everyone agrees with me". The forum represents almost nothing of the total player base and even on here you're dealing with a variety of players all with different ideas as to what is and isn't good/bad. DE cannot possibly make everyone happy, they have to work with what they think keeps things in balance, is fun, paces the game, and pleases as much of the player base as possible.

This here is no exception. I have my own fair share of grievances but I'm definitely not under the illusion I know whats best or that everyone agrees with me.

did you understand my post? im not asking for the void keys back. And i know primed mods are not meant to be lvl 10 straight away. i just  dont want rng as a reward why is it so hard for people to comprehend simple things? you coud even give me sadyna thing and i wouldnt have made this post.

also with 346 thumbs (last i checked) of people saying that both options were a screw you type of options i can safely say that a lot of people agree with me.

Edited by slykidd

Therein lies the next problem - so we're maxed? so what now?

Note the term used "waste"....

we keep playing and farming like we always have? how does giving me 3 random keys do anyhthing. by now people aleady 100 of each  key types...

did you understand my post? im not asking for the void keys back. And i know primed mods are not meant to be lvl 10 straight away. i just  dont want rng as a reward why is it so hard for people to comprehend simple things? you coud even give me sadyna thing and i wouldnt have made this post.

also with 346 thumbs (last i checked) of people saying that both options were a screw you type of options i can safely say that a lot of people agree with me.

I did understand and never said you did want old void keys back.

A lot of people do agree with you, but a lot of people are fine with the current set up or at least ok with another iteration of it. 

Why don't I mind key RNG as a reward?

Simple: Keys of lower towers are potentially more valuable then T4 keys and one can get a variety of types without farming 15 mins for one they don't need.

What this essentially does is take them same RNG you get from grinding keys except give you more then one instantly for a bunch of excess currency you don't even have a use for.

Why take out keys when we could have both keys and cores?

Pros:
Chance of Sabotage keys
Chance of T3 keys

Cons:
RNG
May not get T4 key at all
Two keys are T1 or T2, which are already too abundant
Too expensive for what you're getting

What I would like to see:

Price drop to 15k. Guaranteed T4, guaranteed T3 or T3/T4, and a random key or two of any level. Otherwise, one key for each tower level. Still about 4-5x more expensive than previous iteration.

Or

Current pack with price cut to 10k or less. This would still be at least 3-5x more expensive than the previous iteration, depending on what you consider the value of T1/T2 keys to be.

I think 5000 for a T4 key is a pretty reasonable value, with each level down being half of the cost of the level above it (2500, 1250, 625). Going too far above these values starts to feel too grindy. The fact that the key pack actually got put back in with this system seems like a giant "screw you" to all the pages and pages of players pointing out that it's just too expensive.

You will buy the keys, ALL OF YOU.

Right now there is nothing left to buy (except for syndicate sepcters). Once you get all the stuff you wanted, what will you do with the Syndicate points you will keep generating? buy keys, there is no choice here, even if they cost 100k syn points for a T1 key, you will do it.

DE literally lied about the vote option.

86,08% for random keys

13.92% for keeping only t4 keys

How, pray, did they lie?

its leniency like this that make De think that adding rng is fine staph it!

so because we don't agree the majority's opinion has no value?

the question was asked & community voted for random keys, this is a fact. democracy rule decided

if you think DE rigged the polls, well no offense meant but nice tinfoil hat in that case

86,08% for random keys

13.92% for keeping only t4 keys

How, pray, did they lie?

so because we don't agree the majority's opinion has no value?

the question was asked & community voted for random keys, this is a fact. democracy rule decided

if you think DE rigged the polls, well no offense meant but nice tinfoil hat in that case

DE didn't rig the polls they gave out 2 bad choices a punch to the gut or a  punch to the balls , and players voted for the gut punch if they added a non of the above   it would of been  selected over the other choices by  90%  methinks 

OK. DE is a buiseness the more people play the more they profit so PRIMED MODS where a very good idea to make money.

T4 Keys where OP when taken from syndicates, just because you had a OP choice doesn't mean the DE has to let you keep you OP choice. -.- That's not how buiseness or games work. You can't give someone 1 dollar and get 50 dollars in return.