Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whatever Happened To Vault Runs?

Innocent_Flower

Used to be that vault runs would probably get you what a lot of people would call essential mods; Narrow minded, Overextend, Blind rage, Fleeting expertise, heavy cal. Sure they weren't all up there on the most essential mods one could own, but it was better than what we do now. 

Now you do vault and you will get a firerate mod. Useful? yes (except the shotgun one which is only there because of how hard shotgun spazz is to obtain), but by no means essential. It is now extremely hard to get any of the old mods because there's a 60% chance of getting vile acceleration. Unless I should be doing specific vaults for items (were we told about this?) could DE improve the vault drops? 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

+1

Ran seven Vaults earlier and I got 4 Anemic Agilitys.

(other mods I got were Transient Fortidute for like the 9001st time, Critical Deceleration for the 9001st time, and Magnum Force. First time I've ever seen Magnum Force in 1400 hours, but I'm not gonna use that thing.)

Overextended continues to elude me.

We made experients, and found out your chance of getting old corrupted mods are around %1-2

This has nothing to do with datamined informations accessible in internet.

We literally tried 100 times, and made a statictic chart for ourselves.

Honestly -  I think the newer drop rates make it a return to the ol' vibe of farming Vaults - you still do the same mission over and over - it's just when the rare ones drop again it's a nice feeling - why does no-one ever seem to feel satisfied that they don't get things first run? This is the part of the game I enjoy - the mission almost becomes secondary to the banter and frolics en route :)

+1

Ran seven Vaults earlier and I got 4 Anemic Agilitys.

(other mods I got were Transient Fortidute for like the 9001st time, Critical Deceleration for the 9001st time, and Magnum Force. First time I've ever seen Magnum Force in 1400 hours, but I'm not gonna use that thing.)

Overextended continues to elude me.

Anemic Agility is so common that even enemies drop it.

I quit playing over a year ago and I've come back with renewed appreaciation for the game. Something I dislike is the fact the Vault runs have taken any purpose the Void challenge rooms had. They to me were a lot more fun to farm.

The way they done the derelict vaults is pretty lazy way to challenge us imo and boring way to play.

Must be up to about 50 runs now, never seen a warframe mod. Got loads of Shotgun/Pistol and 1 rifle.

I have to say I agree and I think a solution would be add some of these useless mods to the nightmare mode drop table instead.

To be honest, nightmare mode needs some more rewards.

Or, some of the less popular corrupted mods should be added to Vor's (t4 void version)  drop table

I have to say I agree and I think a solution would be add some of these useless mods to the nightmare mode drop table instead.

To be honest, nightmare mode needs some more rewards.

Or, some of the less popular corrupted mods should be added to Vor's (t4 void version)  drop table

Hmm... I wouldn't mind seeing some of them added to the regular drop table, outside of the vaults or nightmare missions

the mission almost becomes secondary to the banter and frolics en route :)

I agree, that's my favourite part. However, too many people don't join the banter and frolicking (frolicing? Froliquing?)...

Though, even as a one-man show, I'm still fairly humourous.

Used to be that vault runs would probably get you what a lot of people would call essential mods; Narrow minded, Overextend, Blind rage, Fleeting expertise, heavy cal. Sure they weren't all up there on the most essential mods one could own, but it was better than what we do now. 

Now you do vault and you will get a firerate mod. Useful? yes (except the shotgun one which is only there because of how hard shotgun spazz is to obtain), but by no means essential. It is now extremely hard to get any of the old mods because there's a 60% chance of getting vile acceleration. Unless I should be doing specific vaults for items (were we told about this?) could DE improve the vault drops? 

60% Chance? Disagree

Let's say 95% or higher i kinda curious about it myself since i see people are buying fleeting,overextended for 70p+ ( narrow minded , blind rage , heavy cal still 40p+ ) 

so i wanna try it then go doing 15 vault run Yeah all of them are fire rate mod

60% Chance? Disagree

Let's say 95% or higher i kinda curious about it myself since i see people are buying fleeting,overextended for 70p+ ( narrow minded , blind rage , heavy cal still 40p+ ) 

so i wanna try it then go doing 15 vault run Yeah all of them are fire rate mod

See, I remember the days where heavy cal was a good 20p at most. I went offline for a long period of time and sold someone a heavy call for only 20. The guy was all like 'you sure' and i was like 'yeah, it's a fair price'. 

How wrong i was, and how right I should have been. 

What I heard, was that they buffed the drop rate on the new corrupted mods that came out so that players would have an easier time finding them when they all scrambled madly to run vaults, but they should even out the drop rates eventually, hopefully soon. Like, before the next major update at least.

It is really a pain to have the drop table diluted so much, even if all the drop rates were perfectly even, because with 20 mods, that would make around a 5% chance to get the one you actually want. All this RNG just makes me pissy.