The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rep Exploits Need A Stop

7grims

This is the main thing that bothers me, people treat Warframe like a job and only care about farming in the most effective way (spamming AOE nukes) and don't play the game for fun anymore. I get laughed at when I say that I'm playing just for fun.

Sorry but the only thing in warframe to do is level up weapons and frames and dats not fun, lots of weapons i just send it to the trash after leveling up.Theres nothing else to do, void is repetitive and boring, bosses i never saw and never will see because grindwalls dat i will never do. so i do what i can level S#&$ and fast before i get bored again

For what its worth I agree that this farming behavoir (and lets be honest its not an exploit) is disgusting. It will continue to be that way until DE finally gets serious about taking away the "press 4 to win" mechanic that is so prevelant in the game. Lets also be honest that those players who just want to sit there and press 4 the entire time are going to eventually loose their edge and become bad players, if they arent already.

For what its worth I agree that this farming behavoir (and lets be honest its not an exploit) is disgusting. It will continue to be that way until DE finally gets serious about taking away the "press 4 to win" mechanic that is so prevelant in the game. Lets also be honest that those players who just want to sit there and press 4 the entire time are going to eventually loose their edge and become bad players, if they arent already.

I find your judging behavior to be more disgusting.

So how many buttons do you press to fire your weapon?? the single button pressing is all the game is about, if players finds an easier way to grind, then who is anyone to say they cannot do it. Don't like how others play, click solo or play with your clan.

Why is it ppl just don't play the game and stop with the demanding it change to stop how others play??

lol wow, im glad you know what makes a good and bad player. ill go ahead and say this, alot of the people i rep farm with are fairly high ranking individuals who have played the game to the point where they are no longer excited. Rep farming has become a job so they can simply max and go do something else. this is the most efficient way of using their time because at this point what else is there to do?

your condescending view on this shows you truly have no idea on the matter and are simply parroting what you've heard. dont like it dont do it, but dont you dare decide that others play-styles are disgusting.

Edited by ThatWhichWasTaken

and you would prefer to turn warframe into, what, a cover based shooter?

let's be honest here, this so called "press 4 to win" is a fundamental aspect of warframe gameplay.

you run into a room, it is completely filled with people, robots, things, that want you dead.  in most cases, it appears that they were literally created to murder you 15 ways to sunday.

one of the basic appeals of warframe, as a game, is that in that situation you can be superhero magic space ninja guy, and "press 4" and kill them all without even breaking a sweat.  then you copter off into the sunset.

what do YOU suggest to change this degenerate play style of using their superhero magic space ninja guy's skills more often than you deem appropriate?

are you going to remove the skills altogether?  make them useless?  make it so when you enter that aforementioned room, intead of copering off to the sunset, you are greeted with the revive/forfeit button?

are you going to nerf the mods players spent 100s of hours accumulating? (have you seen the derelict vault drop table recently? good luck(ha ha) farming blind rage) that they spent 100s more farming cores and credits to level up?

or nerf energy restoration across the board?

so that "pressing 4 to win" is only a treat metered out by capracious "balance" overlords such as you espouse to be?

because, honestly, i've played this game way too much, and invested way too much into it.  because of that, it literally makes me a little nauseous when i see someone flippantly toss off "suggestions" to make the game "better" which amount to gutting the fun aspects of warframe's basic gameplay: killing the S#&$ out of a fucktonne of enemies, turning 180 degrees and have my scarf majestically twirl about me, and then attacking the air and flying away.

if i wanted to play a super balanced, competitive, strategically and tactically challenging FPS, i would have started almost two years ago.

instead, i started playing warframe.

There will always be people that will find a way. As for being an exploitation, I don't think DE had this in mind for Draco so technically its exploitation (the action of making use of and benefiting from resources.) My personal opinion is it's lame, but quite a few people don't have patience. Should the squad OP was in been that way? Never if you want to be like that close the map off and have at it but if its open for all have some team etiquette (the rules indicating the proper and polite way to behave.) Just because you think your good doesn't mean you are better then anyone else. "The more you know."

On one hand, yes, it's a method of farming...a fairly mindless one, but a method nonetheless.  If the OP didn't want pugs, they shouldn't expect that their pug team follow their own mindset.  As well, with a reputation cap, such players can't just break the economy by mindlessly running the same mission using the same stale strategy.

On the other hand, that sort of AOE spamming is pretty stale gameplay.  Players could probably spend their time more wisely by doing other missions that require a little more from their brain.  Not to be insulting or anything, but doing brainless tasks, whether in work or play, numbs the brain.  Players who enact such strategies over and over are probably losing points to their IQ...

Who cares if it's "stale" to you? It's not your place to say what is wise gameplay and what is not. It's not your place to say how much of the brain someone is using. It's not your place to insult someone's intelligence for playing the game the way they want to. It's people like you that make me sick - people who want to insult others because they don't agree with their playstyle. You don't have to agree with their play style, but don't start throwing around insults about their IQ.

Bottom line, it's NOT an exploit, and people like the OP AND like this other player he encountered need to recognize that. If someone wants to only play with an Excalibur or Trinity, then let them find some people who are willing to play with that person. But don't call it an exploit when they are actually playing the game the way it was designed (and if DE didn't want to design it this way then they shouldn't have). Don't call it an exploit just to get someone banned for playing in a way that you don't like. And most importantly, just be mature about it. If someone is being that rude to you, then leave, ignore them, make sure you never play with them again, and honestly, report them, but for their attitude and rude communication, not the way they choose to play.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

There is already an exp cap.

Back then there was no exp cap.

I assure you the wallet warriors using the same setups and boosters was chowing down the rep faster than anything right now lol.

Again removing Draco or stephano will do nothing.

People will just go to other interceptions. 

Or back to Cerberus again getting 8k to 10k for 4 full cap rounds for keys.

Do it 4 to 5 times and they are top again and probably have 4 to 5 t4 keys in their pockets.

So yeah, now what again ?

Nerf all interceptions ?

Oh wait DE already nerf it once then how you are gonna nerf it again ?

Nerf the exp ranges ?

Then legit players who strive to cap all 4 towers will die in a fire.

Doesn't even hurt the power levelers since everyone is just standing like 5 meters from each other.

Then nerf the frames ?

Oh wait for another Vivergate incident.

And most people already have a second or even 3rd exp farming frame even after Excal is nerf.

Then nerf all the frames ? ^____^

Edited by fatpig84

1)

I find your judging behavior to be more disgusting.

2)

So how many buttons do you press to fire your weapon?? the single button pressing is all the game is about, if players finds an easier way to grind, then who is anyone to say they cannot do it. Don't like how others play, click solo or play with your clan.

Why is it ppl just don't play the game and stop with the demanding it change to stop how others play??

3)

lol wow, im glad you know what makes a good and bad player. ill go ahead and say this, alot of the people i rep farm with are fairly high ranking individuals who have played the game to the point where they are no longer excited. Rep farming has become a job so they can simply max and go do something else. this is the most efficient way of using their time because at this point what else is there to do?

your condescending view on this shows you truly have no idea on the matter and are simply parroting what you've heard. dont like it dont do it, but dont you dare decide that others play-styles are disgusting.

4)

and you would prefer to turn warframe into, what, a cover based shooter?

let's be honest here, this so called "press 4 to win" is a fundamental aspect of warframe gameplay.

you run into a room, it is completely filled with people, robots, things, that want you dead.  in most cases, it appears that they were literally created to murder you 15 ways to sunday.

one of the basic appeals of warframe, as a game, is that in that situation you can be superhero magic space ninja guy, and "press 4" and kill them all without even breaking a sweat.  then you copter off into the sunset.

what do YOU suggest to change this degenerate play style of using their superhero magic space ninja guy's skills more often than you deem appropriate?

are you going to remove the skills altogether?  make them useless?  make it so when you enter that aforementioned room, intead of copering off to the sunset, you are greeted with the revive/forfeit button?

are you going to nerf the mods players spent 100s of hours accumulating? (have you seen the derelict vault drop table recently? good luck(ha ha) farming blind rage) that they spent 100s more farming cores and credits to level up?

or nerf energy restoration across the board?

so that "pressing 4 to win" is only a treat metered out by capracious "balance" overlords such as you espouse to be?

because, honestly, i've played this game way too much, and invested way too much into it.  because of that, it literally makes me a little nauseous when i see someone flippantly toss off "suggestions" to make the game "better" which amount to gutting the fun aspects of warframe's basic gameplay: killing the S#&$ out of a fucktonne of enemies, turning 180 degrees and have my scarf majestically twirl about me, and then attacking the air and flying away.

if i wanted to play a super balanced, competitive, strategically and tactically challenging FPS, i would have started almost two years ago.

instead, i started playing warframe.

COMBO BREAKER

42iwpf0.gif

YiczM.jpg

getthefouttahere.gif

M24hwOE.gif

Edited by Rompido

The only reason I farm rep is because it took too long to reach the cap playing the normal way. I get like 5k rep using the 11% sigil from a 40 minute game. Rough calculation to reach my daily cap of 32k, I would need to play nonstop for 6 and a half hour. Who the hell have that kind of time? With rep farm, I can just play one game and get on with my other business. DE can wave the nerf hammer however they want. It will not stop people from farming rep because of this reason. Optimize the rep gain to reach the cap in 2 to 3 hours playtime then you will start seeing people stop bothering to farm rep.

go watch warframe introduction video and see the Devs themselves using the press 4 to win showing all who'll watch the way the game is meant to play. then come back and assess your complaint. hope youll notice the press 4 to win when they were surrounded by vor's minions.

Many of you have a problem with the word exploit, that or you are afraid that draco/stephano gets the same treatment as viver.

And if it isn't an exploit, why are most players ignoring syndicate alerts, and also searching for medallions?

Dont take me wrong, I do like this exploit too, because interception is the best place to farm xp, thanks to the huge xp share range, and no door/hallway hero can ruin that there.

But right now my main annoyance is really the 24h recruit chat message "draco/stephano please exca+trin"

That and the fact those guys really got into my nervs, constantly screaming for me to stay still, do nothing, leech and look at the floor wile they all drool.

Edited by 7grims

Many of you have a problem with the word exploit, that or you are afraid that draco/stephano gets the same treatment as viver.

And if it isn't an exploit, why are most players ignoring syndicate alerts, and also searching for medallions?

Dont take me wrong, I do like this exploit too, because interception is the best place to farm xp, thanks to the huge xp share range, and no door/hallway hero can ruin that there.

But right now my main annoyance is really the 24h recruit chat message "draco/stephano please exca+trin"

That and the fact those guys really got into my nervs, constantly screaming for me to stay still, do nothing, leech and look at the floor wile they all drool.

It's not an exploit. Also, don't play with those people. No one forces you to. And if a whole lot of people ignore Syndicate Alerts and searching for Medallions, it's because it's not worth the effort, not when there are only a handful of good Syndicate rewards.

/thread

Edited by AntoineFlemming

The rep farming, that I don't care about really; have at er.

But what does bother me is the fact that this Draco farm yeilds considerably more exp than any other map to the point it makes exp boosters worthless; you can apparently grind here and take any weapon up to 30 in a very short amount of time with out them. I can't believe this is intended and just an over sight since it cuts into cash shop sales.

Edited by fizbit

not worth the effort / ignore Syndicate Alerts

So dam true most of the time when i do a Syndicate Mission (highest Rank) i have 1-3 Medalions and each brings 200 rep = worth? NO, NO and NOOOOO

Since the Syndicate Missions are here i found 2 let me repeat it 2 5k Medallions

(BTW i got 4 Syndicates on Max and did nearly every mission which had Medallions in)

If you got about 200x 200 rep 15x 500 rep 0x 5k rep medallions you would ditch the missions too

I would understad that you get a lower or a higher chance which medallions you find depending on your sigil you wear

(15% sigil good chance to find good medallions / 13% + 11% sigil medium chance / 8%, 5% and 0% sigil low chance, wrong sigil no chance)

people only run draco for daily rep. There's no reason to do it all day.

And stop being mad about other people doing things you don't agree with.

It was the other way around actually, they were mad at him for playing like he wanted. They should team up/recruit and play a friends only game if they want to farm a certain way. 

I don't mind people farming this way. Everyone should play like they want, It's YOUR game. If you join such a game just leave and get on with it.

Ps: didn't read the whole thread, so sorry if this was already mentioned.

Edited by Dunkyoo