Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question: How Do You Interpret This Statement?

Altrunchen

The one thing those without power want beyond everything else is to obtain and have power in some form or another.

So, basically: those who serve want to rule. I would know, I'm one of them.

Edited by Morec0

Low level oeoole want to get rid of serration and make it a passive

Strong ones don't need serration. Only weaklings are clutching to it and claim to be demigods while stomping over defenseless kittens that our enemies are.

"The truly weak desire most to be the truly powerful."

What does this statement mean to you? If anything.

If a person is already powerful, he or she would not desire power.  Instead, he or she would be content with current position.  A weak person would desire power only because he or she knows they don't possess power.  Like for example in this game of Warframe, I find lots of players that have extremely powerful weaponry and such are poorly skilled at actually playing the game, so they compensate that with powerful gear and weaponry.  Others that are skillful, don't rely so much on having the most powerful gear or weaponry.

Just my interpretation.

edit:mispelling

Edited by VampirePirate

A synonym for 'Small Man Syndrome'.

Essentially, those who believe they have something worth proving or providing will go overboard with trying to prove or provide it, often in a very hostile manner and even if they don't necessarily need or have anything to prove or provide. It's usually the result of being seen as inferior or incapable before manifesting.

I have a friend who possesses this trait, but my normal examples would be the North Korean and Russian governments; both want more, only to prove that they can get more, when in reality they don't need to prove a thing; we already know what they are.

Edited by Krion112

A synonym for 'Small Man Syndrome'.

Essentially, those who believe they have something worth proving or providing will go overboard with trying to prove or provide it, often in a very hostile manner and even if they don't necessarily need or have anything to prove or provide.

I have a friend who possesses this trait, but my normal examples would be the North Korean and Russian governments; both want more, only to prove that they can get more, when in reality they don't need to prove a thing; we already know what they are.

>.> i know this is off topic and all,but could you atleast keep the politics to politic specific threads?no everyone shares those veiws about russia

I wouldn't say that it's even true. Looking at society, most rich people have a great desire to get even richer. If you look past the fact that powerful people can't desire to be powerful, you can easily conclude that they just represent the ones who craved power and were successful at pursuing it. In other words: The ones actually in power may easily be more greedy than the ones who aren't, reflected by their desire to not lose that power.

>.> i know this is off topic and all,but could you atleast keep the politics to politic specific threads?no everyone shares those veiws about russia

My answer isn't about the politics, rather I was using an example of my own interpretations to back up my definition. I'm well aware not everyone agrees, but regardless of whether they do or not, I'm going to speak my perception of a question when I'm asked for it, as this thread did.

So, no, I'm going to use anything of any subject as an example to another situation when it is an instance that can be related, as it was here.

My answer isn't about the politics, rather I was using an example of my own interpretations to back up my definition. I'm well aware not everyone agrees, but regardless of whether they do or not, I'm going to speak my perception of a question when I'm asked for it, as this thread did.

So, no, I'm going to use anything of any subject as an example to another situation when it is an instance that can be related, as it was here.

<--------------- rabid cherno alpha fan

but you did say "we already know what they are" implying that your beleif is universal

and especially considering where i live and what i beleive this is an especially searing statement

but as long as its only person opinion i dont mind,this is off topic after all.a considerably more relaxed place where you can actually speak your mind

If a person is already powerful, he or she would not desire power.  Instead, he or she would be content with current position.  A weak person would desire power only because he or she knows they don't possess power.  Like for example in this game of Warframe, I find lots of players that have extremely powerful weaponry and such are poorly skilled at actually playing the game, so they compensate that with powerful gear and weaponry.  Others that are skillful, do rely so much on having the most powerful gear or weaponry.

Just my interpretation.

And a very eloquent one at that. I very much like how you juxtaposed contentment with desire for power, I think there may be something there. And I too think that oftentimes in games and even in real life, people use technology to compensate for their own shortcomings. Whether it's out of medical necessity for people with disabilities, or if it's for people who want results more than they want to learn and develop. The motivations vary widely across a broad spectrum (and not necessarily between those two poles alone), just as most things involving people can, but why don't we try to further the discussion?

With your interpretation in mind how do you respond to this statement here:

"True power is delegated."

oh yeah,i know this one by heart

Care to elaborate?

The one thing those without power want beyond everything else is to obtain and have power in some form or another.

So, basically: those who serve want to rule. I would know, I'm one of them.

How would you then describe the relationship (if any) between the ideas of power and of control?

the more u grasp the less u hold 

I think I understand what you mean, but just to be clear could you please elaborate?

Have you seen Hajime no Ippo? Its just like ippo-kun.

I have started that anime actually. It's fun and exciting to say the least imho. So why exactly do you interpret the statement that way?

And a very eloquent one at that. I very much like how you juxtaposed contentment with desire for power, I think there may be something there. And I too think that oftentimes in games and even in real life, people use technology to compensate for their own shortcomings. Whether it's out of medical necessity for people with disabilities, or if it's for people who want results more than they want to learn and develop. The motivations vary widely across a broad spectrum (and not necessarily between those two poles alone), just as most things involving people can, but why don't we try to further the discussion?

With your interpretation in mind how do you respond to this statement here:

"True power is delegated."

Care to elaborate?

How would you then describe the relationship (if any) between the ideas of power and of control?

I think I understand what you mean, but just to be clear could you please elaborate?

I have started that anime actually. It's fun and exciting to say the least imho. So why exactly do you interpret the statement that way?

im going to be honest

if given the chance for absolute power..i would take it,i would take it all and never give it up

then i would use that power in an almost draconian zealot fashion to implement a policy i like to call "freedom by force"

i beleive wikipedia calls this "abolitionist" referring to the beleif in abolishing all forms of suffering

if i did get this power,under my rule no one would be allowed to discriminate for any reason,especially not in a way that impacts someone else`s basic rights

money would be pointless,property would not...people could trade things or services for things they wanted

people would do things like the farming and the infrastructure and so on because it gives them meaning

healthcare would be free and anything else medical related,hence,any doctor or other medical type person (say if money still existed by that point) would only be payed a standard wage for the given job hours

Psychiatry would entirely removed...as the idea that you can simply wish away a person`s mental troubles with words is not only insulting to dignity,but just plain idiotic

anywho,i think im done with this particular rant for awhile,otherwise my post would get too long

<--------------- rabid cherno alpha fan

but you did say "we already know what they are" implying that your beleif is universal

and especially considering where i live and what i beleive this is an especially searing statement

but as long as its only person opinion i dont mind,this is off topic after all.a considerably more relaxed place where you can actually speak your mind

Off Topic: Talking Pacific Rim Cherno Alpha? Heck yes, Cherno's awesome! Second favorite, after Tacit Ronin

On Topic: I suppose it could be interpreted as that, but in this case I meant it as from the perspective of myself and of the people who share in that example, which I do know of many who do.

By the way, if you are Russian or sympathetic towards Russia, I do apologize if my opinion offends you, and wish to state that my opinion is not against Russia as a whole, but is against the direction of its government and nothing more.

They coulda stopped at Crimea, but noooo.

Pandora's Box = Opened

Edited by Krion112

>.> the southeastern peoples,vs ukraine

with russia backing one side,the us backing the other...and at any moment either the us or russia might decide to burst in with guns blazing,which would immediatly prompt the other to counter attack

real unfreindly cold war style stuff

its circular logic,unless everyone stops caring about mutually assured destruction,this will never end

I understand that you may be passionate about your point of view, but do you think that we might be able to avoid a flame-war by staying on topic a bit more please?

im going to be honest

if given the chance for absolute power..i would take it,i would take it all and never give it up

then i would use that power in an almost draconian zealot fashion to implement a policy i like to call "freedom by force"

i beleive wikipedia calls this "abolitionist" referring to the beleif in abolishing all forms of suffering

if i did get this power,under my rule no one would be allowed to discriminate for any reason,especially not in a way that impacts someone else`s basic rights

money would be pointless,property would not...people could trade things or services for things they wanted

people would do things like the farming and the infrastructure and so on because it gives them meaning

healthcare would be free and anything else medical related,hence,any doctor or other medical type person (say if money still existed by that point) would only be payed a standard wage for the given job hours

Psychiatry would entirely removed...as the idea that you can simply wish away a person`s mental troubles with words is not only insulting to dignity,but just plain idiotic

anywho,i think im done with this particular rant for awhile,otherwise my post would get too long

Interesting point of view. Though I do believe that you meant "psychology" instead of "psychiatry" since I think psychology better fits your given definition.

If you're interested in the difference here's an excerpt from an online article:

Psychologist

A psychologist studies the human mind through lab tests, surveys and interviews. Some psychologists may use this information to counsel patients suffering from mental disorders, grief or trauma. Others may apply their findings to explain and predict group behavior or help school children address behavioral issues. Psychologists may also study methods for improving an organization's work performance or personnel development.

Psychiatrist

A psychiatrist is a medical doctor. They specialize in the treatment, diagnosis and prevention of mental health problems. However, as a medical doctor they may write prescriptions to help patients manage disorders such as depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) or bipolar disorder.

Source

http://education-portal.com/articles/Psychologist_vs_Psychiatrist_Whats_the_Difference.html

I don't necessarily agree or disagree with what you said. I mostly want to hear what people have to say here. But I am interested to hear what your interpretation of this statement is:

"Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

I understand that you may be passionate about your point of view, but do you think that we might be able to avoid a flame-war by staying on topic a bit more please?

Interesting point of view. Though I do believe that you meant "psychology" instead of "psychiatry" since I think psychology better fits your given definition.

If you're interested in the difference here's an excerpt from an online article:

Psychologist

A psychologist studies the human mind through lab tests, surveys and interviews. Some psychologists may use this information to counsel patients suffering from mental disorders, grief or trauma. Others may apply their findings to explain and predict group behavior or help school children address behavioral issues. Psychologists may also study methods for improving an organization's work performance or personnel development.

Psychiatrist

A psychiatrist is a medical doctor. They specialize in the treatment, diagnosis and prevention of mental health problems. However, as a medical doctor they may write prescriptions to help patients manage disorders such as depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) or bipolar disorder.

Source

http://education-portal.com/articles/Psychologist_vs_Psychiatrist_Whats_the_Difference.html

I don't necessarily agree or disagree with what you said. I mostly want to hear what people have to say here. But I am interested to hear what your interpretation of this statement is:

"Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

yeah,thanks for fixing my definition

my point of veiw is extremely odd to some,but is generally a self re-enforcing package immune to some of the usual human corruptions

for example

pride and humility being interchangeable,i.e. to have great pride is the same as having humility

wrath sometimes being a needed component in a schemos to enact mercy

gluttony being encouraged but hardcapped

envy being more or less a force of nature,but never the less,too much of a good thing can mess with your head if your not carefull

greed being an encouraged but heavily regulated emotion

essentially,ill toss it all into a very straight to the point video for you,that i think is informative

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CC8QtwIwAw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DSnnmT2UtBBg&ei=n_2_VJ2gMImyggTft4LYAQ&usg=AFQjCNHS4agEVw5tt82oD1m9Rx_9ODVgug&sig2=U3JJzXBwOFh_Bg13oBIwlw&bvm=bv.84116906,d.eXY

Power is both the means of obtaining and maintaining control AND the benefits of it. You use to to achieve control and you use to it ensure you stay in control and you also are granted it by those subjects of yours who would have you stay in control.