Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

867c00c9fe705b3c05f2d41e3e861d5f.png

The box is his mouth plate. You can clearly see an exaggerated chine at the bottom. It's actually pretty similar in the layout to Zephyr's helmets.

As I mentioned a Couple posts back after the roaring animation he's looking at the camera, if that box thing was his helmet the Chroma would never "See" where he is going however at the end of the animation he's looking directly at the camera and his snout is not raised up high to indicate the the "Plate" is his face, therefore, the only LOGICAL conclusion is that The snout is part of his face

The problem with that is that if it is some headpiece then Chroma is always looking at the floor in the still image,however in the animation the snout is not held up high as if it was a headpiece, the snout is looking At the camera, as such the only conclusion is that the snout, is part of the head of Chroma and not a Headpiece.

I have never known D&D to know about Chromatic Dragons, nor do I really care to, Spewing out fire is not an instant tell tale that it's a dragon, many creatures do, and even if DE have stated this is the case for Chroma, we have no proof that such is the case, we literally have to take their word for it

Also alot of community didn't want a Frankenstein experiment of Dragons to appease all cultures, many wanted one or the other, suffice to say, most people who dislike Chroma at this point wouldn't care if he went pure Eastern or Pure Western

as I've discussed before, those things aren't on his back, they're on his shoulders, and look rediculous

Stated my thoughts to the letter. 

Well I remember I had similar bad feelings when Mirage was spoiled in the Breeding grounds mod set. Then the Harlequin alternate helmet arrived and suddenly she looked awesome. So maybe it is part of DE's plan to sell more alternative helmets to make the default ones look less desirable.

If most of Chroma's hate is over the helmet, then people need to calm down and wait for his alt helmet? Each frame usually comes with 2 helmets right? Maybe his alternative helmet will be exactly what the euro-dragon people want.

No more of this.

ijuo8.jpg

I wish that ^ [in the spoilers] would stop but it wont.

As I mentioned a Couple posts back after the roaring animation he's looking at the camera, if that box thing was his helmet the Chroma would never "See" where he is going however at the end of the animation he's looking directly at the camera and his snout is not raised up high to indicate the the "Plate" is his face, therefore, the only LOGICAL conclusion is that The snout is part of his face

Thank you, I know I wasn't the ONLY person who saw that.

That's the issue. There is no "community" as a whole in this regard, some players may have wanted something stereotypical, others may have wanted something more original. 

Unless you can poll the entire active playerbase and show concrete evidence that yes, every single player wanted a stereotypical dragon, then no, you cannot say that a stereotypical dragon frame would have been "what the community wanted". 

With a community as large as Warframe's, it has become an impossibility to satisfy every single player. This is why a stereotypical dragon would have angered a lot of players, just as a nonstereotypical dragon is angering players.

Some players don't see how it's a dragon, others do. We'll agree to disagree.

DE Could have encouraged people to vote in a poll that they could have constructed and have the poll broadcast via news, it's been done before and if it's for the the look of the next frame, I'm more than sure many people would give their 2 cents

well look at that seahorse. yeah, that's all I can think when I see that face. 

god I hope alternate helmets are coming soon, I don't see me liking that helmet at all. 

raise your hand if you think that it would have looked much better with a shorter face. was about to say nose, but it's apparently all face because it breaths fire from it.

Lol this isn't even a bad decision, it not even in game. You just doing like the design and feel the need to whine.

His looks has no affect on gameplay.

This reminds me of the backlash DmC got with Dante's appearance in the AU reboot xD.

the reaction at Tennolive says everything, people there were like , WTF is dat?

Yeah, the silence and disappointment is palpable. 

if DE gave every group of unhappy players what they wanted warframe would be bad.you still basing this off of your silly poll of like 1000 people?

If you call the opinions of 1000 people silly then I guess you hate democracy then.

Edited by Invalid_Infinity

DE Could have encouraged people to vote in a poll that they could have constructed and have the poll broadcast via news, it's been done before and if it's for the the look of the next frame, I'm more than sure many people would give their 2 cents

Encouraging doesn't necessarily mean everyone is gonna vote. It's hard enough to get peoples attention through forum posts and dev streams(Which I highly doubt everyone goes to check and watch.).

The plate is only the bottom half of his face. Probably everything under where a person's nose would be. His eyes reside behind the snout protrusion. Just look at Zephyr, she seems to do fine. People are just getting caught up in the pose he has in the splash art.

He doesn't need it.

Plus, the flamethrower thing is on his forehead, it's not his snout.

Please read, and please look at the animations.

DirtySnappyHake.gif

If you call the opinions of 1000 people silly then I guess you hate democracy then.

So you think the opinion of 1,000 people should determine the everyone else's opinion. You do realize that that the Warframe player base is a lot larger than 1,000 people right?

That's the issue. There is no "community" as a whole in this regard, some players may have wanted something stereotypical, others may have wanted something more original. 

Unless you can poll the entire active playerbase and show concrete evidence that yes, every single player wanted a stereotypical dragon, then no, you cannot say that a stereotypical dragon frame would have been "what the community wanted". 

With a community as large as Warframe's, it has become an impossibility to satisfy every single player. This is why a stereotypical dragon would have angered a lot of players, just as a nonstereotypical dragon is angering players.

http://strawpoll.me/3807541/r

1000 votes and counting Letter13. Take that statistic and apply it to the total amount of people that play this game. 

Edited by Invalid_Infinity

That's right. There is no "community" and not everyone (including myself) asked for a dragon-themed frame. But apparently DE thinks the community as a whole asked for this type of frame. So, let's say that by "community", DE meant those people who requested a dragon frame. Those people were expecting a traditional dragon frame. That's what they wanted. They didn't want a sea dragon. They wanted a dragon (and, you guys, stop trying to play around with the word. You know exactly what people mean when they say "dragon". Stop pretending that the word means something other than what it actually represents). The issue is that DE said they were giving "the community" something that they had requested for a long time. Well, a traditional dragon themed frame is what "the community" (or those specific people who repeatedly asked for a dragon frame) asked for. At the very least, you can't say that people think "sea dragon" when referencing a "dragon". You wont' even find that on Google, even though "sea dragon" has "dragon" in its name. So, at the very least, DE didn't end up doing what they said they were doing, which was giving "the community" the thing that they had requested.

Fun fact: The framers of the United States Constitution did not want direct democracy on the basis that the public at large are not educated or reasonable enough to make decisions that affects the entire nation.

The plate is only the bottom half of his face. Probably everything under where a person's nose would be. His eyes reside behind the snout protrusion. Just look at Zephyr, she seems to do fine. People are just getting caught up in the pose he has in the splash art.

NO! just NO! his eyes must be where the dragons are roughly located XD or that will bother me. . .for a bit