The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

It's a seahorse, k.  And it's based on Asian influence... a dragon.  Just like how the name "Tenno" is also Asian influenced.

I was here thinking people were tired of having obvious warframes such has Hydroid obviously looking like a pirate, Mirage obviously looking like a harelequinn, Mesa obviously looking like a gunslinger, and Limbo OBVIOUSLY looking like a magician.  Now the hypocrites are angered because the dragon waframe obviously doesn't look like every fairy tale's edgy dragon?  Woe is me.

Even this dragon frame is still pretty obviously a seahorse... a dragon.  They didn't make it too vague to people who have at least some semblance of knowledge of why they made the warframe have some features of a seahorse.  I understand, some others do not because they're ignorant and do not want to see other people's points of views.

This isn't to say I wouldn't prefer a "bad ! super COOL dragon" looking dragon frame.  I get it, this looks somewhat weird.  And I thought Loki, Vauban, Nova, Ember, and Frost looked weird too.

Say we were just getting a beetle frame... which would be excalibur... people would be like "wtf that isn't a beatle wth DE YOU SAID WE WERE GETTING A BEETLE"

Same can be said for ember-chicken, frost-crab, etc.

Stop generalizing those who dislike the look of Chroma. It's like you're burning an Orchard because of a few bad apples.

The difference between your scenario is that Excalibur has features of a Beetle that make it apparent it's based off of a beetle, Chroma has whiskers, doesn't relate to dragons as Cats, dogs and other animals have whiskers, Horns well a deer/stag and goats have horns and whiskers.

So if someone looks at Chroma, their first instinct isn't going to be "Dragon" it'll be Forcused on the head, which due to the long snout means that their first reaction would be Seahorse [Which is not a Dragon] or an Anteater.

Edited by Eredoc

Well I've read all that is probably gonna be gone over a thousand times over so I'll take a break from the forums until U16 rolls around.

Have fun discussing Chroma/Anteater to some/Dragon to some/ Tenno using Dragon pelt to others.

giphy.gif

Well I've read all that is probably gonna be gone over a thousand times over so I'll take a break from the forums until U16 rolls around.

Have fun discussing Chroma/Anteater to some/Dragon to some/ Tenno using Dragon pelt to others.

giphy.gif

You might be away from the forums for quite some time then, seeing as we don't have a release date for U16 announced yet.

Somehow I really doubt it's gonna be next week. We'll probably have to wait longer than that.

Stop generalizing those who dislike the look of Chroma. It's like you're burning an Orchard because of a few bad apples.

The difference between your scenario is that Excalibur has features of a Beetle that make it apparent it's based off of a beetle, Chroma has whiskers, doesn't relate to dragons as Cats, dogs and other animals have whiskers, Horns well a deer/stag and goats have horns and whiskers.

So if someone looks at Chroma, their first instinct isn't going to be "Dragon" it'll be Forcused on the head, which due to the long snout means that their first reaction would be Seahorse [Which is not a Dragon] or an Anteater.

If a Seahorse really isn't a "dragon"

then WHY OH WHY did the designers make their DRAGON frame look like a seahorse!?

Any logic against the seahorse not being a dragon is downright inane and broke-brain.

I'm sorry, but that IS the TRUTH of the matter.  The design team isn't full of idiots.  They're actually pretty brilliant for coming up with this at least.  They didn't make their dragon warframe look like a seahorse for no reason, BECAUSE THERE IS A REASON.  And I've been SPOUTING it everywhere.

Edited by GoatGodJohn

Already had this argument on another thread. That sample size to population ratio is actually quite good. It's better than most scientific studies and some political polls. A drug trial with 1,000 subjects is a HUGE trial, and that's for a population of 7 billion, that's with a "B".

Drug trial is an AWFUL EXAMPLE. Have you seen the lawsuits on some of the drugs that get through? Alot of effects, deaths, and damage is never found till after its given to the public and causes a huge commotion. Not to mention the research on alot of it is quite bogus considering they tend to overdose the stuff on alot of animals. meaning they DON'T get accurate results. Its like how they claim Mercury is SUPER DANGEROUS. When you can actually hold the stuff as long as you don't heat it, and as long as your not running around wearing a hat glued together with Mercury day in, and day out letting it constantly heat up, go through your skin, and into your brain over, and over... Over a period of 10-20 years. Since most hatters were exposed to this treatment every day as they made hats and nothing ever happened till MUCH MUCH later. Its about as safe as swallowing 100% alcohol which would also kill you, or taking too much calcium which would take all the iron from your body and kill you.

Technically the tools used for a drug trial are always different, and leaves too much space for error. Which leads to people being harmed, or killed by the drug, or any chemical for that matter. Those Trials are very faulty at best. Therefore a poll can also be just as faulty being secluded only to the forums leaving out the OTHER pros, and cons that support the statement fully leaving no stone unturned.

then WHY OH WHY did the designers make their DRAGON frame look like a seahorse!?

Any logic against the seahorse not being a dragon is downright inane and broke-brain.

I'm sorry, but that IS the TRUTH of the matter.  The design team isn't full of idiots.  They're actually pretty brilliant for coming up with this at least.  They didn't make their dragon warframe look like a seahorse for no reason, BECAUSE THERE IS A REASON.  And I've been SPOUTING it everywhere.

Why? Simple they thought they'd be funny since seahorses are mentioned as being "Real life" dragons, however no one ever believes it as a Seahorse is a Fish, a Dragon is a Large Lizard if dragons were real.

Edited by Eredoc

Fixed for accuracy.

You forgot the part where "typical" (and by typical you mean traditionally eastern or western) is what people actually wanted, and you forgot the part where DE said they were giving the community what they wanted.

No, it's a fact. A seahorse isn't a dragon. Dragons aren't real, but they are specific mythological creatures just like a griffin is a specific mythological creature.

Fixed for accuracy.

058437edf01378a4fe57271b895718aa1a1dec3b

You forgot the part where "typical" (and by typical you mean traditionally eastern or western) is what people actually wanted, and you forgot the part where DE said they were giving the community what they wanted.

Said it before, and I will say it again ITS A JAPANESE DRAGON!!!

It has whiskers, and horns... LOOK AT IT... its even wearing samurai armor...

edit: I got what I wanted...

edit2: and I didn't even know I wanted it...

Edited by Arlayn

No, it's a fact. A seahorse isn't a dragon. Dragons aren't real, but they are specific mythological creatures just like a griffin is a specific mythological creature.

Of course, but DE's design team/whatever has based most of their frames off real-life animals.  Chroma isn't an exception to that either.

Perhaps they just wanted Chroma to be based of a real animal while still being a "dragon"?

Hey I mean a lizard-look would be great too, but this is what we got.  Some people are not realizing the reason why DE chose to design the frame that way.  That IS what I'm arguing, their reasoning for making Chroma, the light-based/color frame look like a seahorse. (see I'm not gonna call him a dragon-frame anymore!)

Edited by GoatGodJohn

058437edf01378a4fe57271b895718aa1a1dec3b

Said it before, and I will say it again ITS A JAPANESE DRAGON!!!

It has whiskers, and horns... LOOK AT IT... its even wearing samurai armor...

edit: I got what I wanted...

This thing is not a japanese dragon. Even people from the region have attested to that fact.

You forgot the part where "typical" (and by typical you mean traditionally eastern or western) is what people actually wanted, and you forgot the part where DE said they were giving the community what they wanted.

Stop speaking for everyone.

I didn't know that I wanted Chroma, or that we were even getting a Dragon Frame, until I saw him.

I want him. So bad. To me, he looks awesome.

So really, only a portion of the furom-going community wanted a dragon frame.

How can you pretend to speak for the people that didn't even know what the next frame would be?

You are coming off really pretentiously and whiny.

Edited by (PS4)Fizzer_XCIV

I didn't know that I wanted Chroma, or that we were even getting a Dragon Frame, until I saw him.

How can you pretend to speak for the people that didn't even know what the next frame would be?

Well to be honest.  I think most people did want the stereotypical dragon.  I would've been fine either way.

Actually... all mythical creatures are based on things seen. Such as Manatees being mermaids, and the Kraken just being an exaggerated tale of squids(Sounds like they panicked and accidentally sank the ship.). The Dragon one is based on giant Gators, Dinosaurs that may have survived into the medieval era which created the tales of warriors slaying large reptilian looking beast, or fish. Which case the dragon did get some inspiration from a cat fish. Maybe they found a REALLY big cat fish once upon time. Possible even there was a species of cat fish long ago that got really big until they fished them all out to extinction. Myth is a simple twisted fact.

This thing is not a japanese dragon. Even people from the region have attested to that fact.

Are you sure they have been a hardcore fan of dragons since they were kids? Cause I have seen dragons... lots of dragons... dragons blended for a universe... Dragons from games... Dragons from art. Dragons for things very adult in nature... I collected dragon related things since I was little... I WOULD KNOW a dragon when I saw it, and THAT is a dragon.

Edited by Arlayn

I didn't ask for a dragon frame, but I was familiar with the requests for one, and no one was asking for a seahorse design for a dragon frame. The people who wanted a dragon frame wanted something that was based on a dragon with clear features that were dragon-like. Chroma isn't it. DE said that this frame was being made because people requested a dragon frame. So, by DE's own admission, this was being made for those people. DE messed up by saying that they were giving them what they requested, because this isn't what they requested. And that's the bottom line.

FYI, since the forum includes a random sampling of Warframe players it actually is an accurate representation of the whole community. It's funny to watch certain players try to skew a random sampling in their favor by claiming bias though.

It's less random than you might think. Players who frequent the forums, for any game, generally fall under a loose set of criteria (ie. age group, daily life habits, level of involvement in the game, etc.). But that's beside the point - all sample populations have some element of bias to them, regardless of how random you try to survey them. If humans are involved in any way, there is going to be bais somewhere in the equation.  

Anyone reading that and knows the history of Chroma knows that when he's says "Everyone" he's refereeing to the huge community request that got him made, and while I have grown to accept that this is the final design, I only hope for Typhus does not end up the same way should he make it that far.

EDIT: My apologies, first part wasn't needed

Edited by Eredoc

I didn't ask for a dragon frame, but I was familiar with the requests for one, and no one was asking for a seahorse design for a dragon frame. The people who wanted a dragon frame wanted something that was based on a dragon with clear features that were dragon-like. Chroma isn't it. DE said that this frame was being made because people requested a dragon frame. So, by DE's own admission, this was being made for those people. DE messed up by saying that they were giving them what they requested, because this isn't what they requested. And that's the bottom line.

As I stated before MYTH is twisted facts... Therefore they DID because a dragon is based on TWISTED FACTS... A sea-horse has been regarded as a dragon. THEREFORE. If it looks like the origin dragon material it by default IS A DRAGON.