The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Yuck.  Pink is king.

I have a strong desire to see a pink Chroma... Hope I will get to see it in PUGs.

I think they should just abandon trying to call it a dragon altogether and just roll with it anyway, it's as much a dragon frame as excalibur is a samurai frame (sticky plastic lore label firmly affixed to a tenno buttock + wishful thinking = truth???)

Actually Excalibur is a samurai in some fashion... That is like saying Jet Stream sam is not a samurai when he is called that in the game.

JSS3-620x.jpg

It's a paradox in itself to base a mythical creature off real life animals.

Griffins are real in the sense they do exist in story/fairytale form.  Please don't try to undermine my logic when you don't know what one is thinking.

I'm not trying to undermine your logic, please do not misinterpret what I am trying to say.

To be honest, I feel like you are being really reasonable with most of your statements, I'm just saying that maybe you should be careful or clearer with what you write so that you don't end up undermining your own logic.

What kind of logic are you even using.

In many Asian cultures, seahorses are called "dragons"

It isn't uncommon to sea the word pairing of "dragon-fish" either.

I imagine alot of things to be a dragon... Heck a Whale Shark is an acceptable dragon in my book... So is Godzilla. As long as its fish, or reptile looking in a appearance and you call it dragon. I am perfectly fine with that... Calling a reptile creature an ant-eater, and I am not ok with that.

That is like if I took a dog, and called it a cat. Would you be ok with this?

Look , when DE said Dragon themed frame, and when players came up with their concept with dragon frame , the "Dragons" they were looking for inspiration , what most of us expected DE to take things in account to design this frame was from these

tiamat.jpg25-Creative-Examples-Of-Eastern-Dragon-I1874779.jpg

These are dragon most known to people, these were what we were expecting the theme to be taken from, not sea horse , it dont matter if ancient whatever called sea horse a dragon , dogs as dragon, ducks as dragon, whales as dragon, these guys up here are the Dragons it dont matter if they dont exist because dat is what a Dragon is for most of us.

I imagine alot of things to be a dragon... Heck a Whale Shark is an acceptable dragon in my book... So is Godzilla. As long as its fish, or reptile looking in a appearance and you call it dragon. I am perfectly fine with that... Calling a reptile creature an ant-eater, and I am not ok with that.

That is like if I took a dog, and called it a cat. Would you be ok with this?

No because they're both from completely different species, A Dog is a canine and a Cat is a feline.

So what a Snake is a dragon now? so what does that make a Lizard then? An Evolved dragon? An Adult dragon? then what about fish then? A devolved dragon?

Also we're not saying that a dragon is an ant-eater, But rather this dragon-inspired WARFRAME looks like an anteater.

Then let's stop calling it a dragon frame... because it's the light/color-based frame.

That's for DE decide, they name their creations and so far, Chroma is the Dragon Warframe

Then let's stop calling it a dragon frame... because it's the light/color-based frame.

And that's just you being ignorant of culture.  Take a while and learn something about other cultures.

And this isn't to say I'm ignoring the other dragons that Asian people have depicted over the years.

Lol they said it was a dragon frame. We didn't just make that up. And what makes you think I don't know about eastern dragons? Who doesn't? It just doesn't look like that either. 

Your argument seems to be "it looks like a dragon by another definition. Oh wait, it doesn't meet any dragon definition, so let's just stop calling it a dragon instead of fixing the problem."

Look , when DE said Dragon themed frame, and when players came up with their concept with dragon frame , the "Dragons" they were looking for inspiration , what most of us expected DE to take things in account to design this frame was from these

These are dragon most known to people, these were what we were expecting the theme to be taken from, not sea horse , it dont matter if ancient whatever called sea horse a dragon , dogs as dragon, ducks as dragon, whales as dragon, these guys up here are the Dragons it dont matter if they dont exist because dat is what a Dragon is for most of us.

Yes WE GET IT.

We weren't given the stereotypical dragon look everyone wanted.

BUT we were given a dragon frame based on a real life animal like most of the other warframes have been.

No because they're both from completely different species, A Dog is a canine and a Cat is a feline.

So what a Snake is a dragon now? so what does that make a Lizard then? An Evolved dragon? An Adult dragon? then what about fish then? A devolved dragon?

Also we're not saying that a dragon is an ant-eater, But rather this dragon-inspired WARFRAME looks like an anteater.

That's for DE decide, they name their creations and so far, Chroma is the Dragon Warframe

His name clearly speaks more of color/light. I'll go with that though.

Lol they said it was a dragon frame. We didn't just make that up. And what makes you think I don't know about eastern dragons? Who doesn't? It just doesn't look like that either. 

Your argument seems to be "it looks like a dragon by another definition. Oh wait, it doesn't meet any dragon definition, so let's just stop calling it a dragon instead of fixing the problem."

That isn't my argument.  Stop putting words into my mouth.

Your cream fantasy is still a dragon.  Yes it is.  A seahorse is still a dragon YES IT IS.

European dragons are still dragons.  YES THEY ARE.  Whiskered serpent like dragons are still dragons.  YES THEY ARE!

All I am saying that a seahorse is STILL a dragon.

Jesus you're not reading into what I mean at all.

These are basic dragons... Not all dragon designs... I would definitely not expect THIS design in game as it would clash with the Warframe universe of being different. Heck they have Kubrows, and Skates... For a dragon to look like a dragon would be utterly WRONG. Besides I bet the orokin created a strange breed of dragon like creatures anyway.

A snake, and a lizard are all good examples of dragons.

dragon-blade-wrath-of-fire-2007090602390

See how well a snake fits for material for a dragon?

His name and elemental power changer are derived from Chromatic Dragons from D&D, which was stated during one of the devstreams

The original is trash compared to this.

I don't know its kinda boring...

edit: its lacking more detail, and it needs to blend with the design of the body. In which case those horns DO NOT.

Edited by Arlayn

That isn't my argument.  Stop putting words into my mouth.

Your cream fantasy is still a dragon.  Yes it is.  A seahorse is still a dragon YES IT IS.

European dragons are still dragons.  YES THEY ARE.  Whiskered serpent like dragons are still dragons.  YES THEY ARE!

All I am saying that a seahorse is STILL a dragon.

Jesus you're not reading into what I mean at all.

A seahorse is not a dragon. Putting emphasis doesn't make it true. Komodo Dragons aren't really dragons either. Sorry. Dragons are mythical creatures. Therefore, by definition, any real creature is not a dragon. 

Edited by jmforeman02

These are basic dragons... Not all dragon designs... I would definitely not expect THIS design in game as it would clash with the Warframe universe of being different. Heck they have Kubrows, and Skates... For a dragon to look like a dragon would be utterly WRONG. Besides I bet the orokin created a strange breed of dragon like creatures anyway.

it dont need to be like a dragon it needs to have dat look dat reminds of a dragon to give the feel of one, and this helmet just the helmet reminds more of a dragon than the helmet from chroma dat reminds of an anteater

chroma%20final%20copy_zpspz9yiiym.jpg

I don't know its kinda boring...

edit: its lacking more detail, and it needs to blend with the design of the body. In which case those horns DO NOT.

Not as much detail can be shown in a 2D drawing compared to a 3D model.

If the artist goes and creates a 3D model all the detail and blending would be there.

Chromatic dragons

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromatic_dragon

DE are real big players of DnD. 

And they kept saying that dragon frame was coming.

SO yes, it is, in any way you look at it, A dragon frame. To think otherwise is to stay in a little fantasy zone where everything is correct to you.

A snake, and a lizard are all good examples of dragons.

See how well a snake fits for material for a dragon?

Yes but dragons aren't real, Just because some creator used a Current animal to create an intimidating thing and called it a dragon doesn't mean that all those animals are now dragons, Which, with how I was reading your comment, is what you were saying.

Mirage theme was more towards pranks...

Look at all of her abilities and aesthetics.

-Harlequins are known to wear very colorful clothing

-Hall of mirrors

-Eclipse

-Prism

-Mirages are illusions, or a trick on the eyes

Edited by Ionus

it dont need to be like a dragon it needs to have dat look dat reminds of a dragon to give the feel of one, and this helmet just the helmet reminds more of a dragon than the helmet from chroma dat reminds of an anteater

chroma%20final%20copy_zpspz9yiiym.jpg

But the theme of that dragon head doesn't fit with Warframe. The current one does since it reminds me of the infested, and the infested do look like dragons. Especially Lephantis. I was even thinking DE should make a giant infested boss made for wiping out all life on planets called End Planet Dragons... It be similar to Balor fomorians fight wise.

anyway an infested path is a far better closeness to a dragon than something that looks too much like a dragon and simply does not fit. Heck that helmet makes Zephy look more like a warframe dragon appearance wise.

Not as much detail can be shown in a 2D drawing compared to a 3D model.

If the artist goes and creates a 3D model all the detail and blending would be there.

but it doesnt fit in the warframe universe.  Maybe Metal Gear Rising as some bad to the bone cyborg, but not a warframe.

Yes but dragons aren't real, Just because some creator used a Current animal to create an intimidating thing and called it a dragon doesn't mean that all those animals are now dragons, Which, with how I was reading your comment, is what you were saying.

Because dragons are based on these creatures which makes them intimidating... now if you didn't base dragons on those, and based them on things like Dogs you would definitely want to kill it. Meanwhile reptiles, and underwater creatures fit the bill, and give them a far more fierce some look. Which immediately makes you think dragon.

Dragon_Dog_Creature_with_Video_by_imagin

Also just want to put out Ant-eaters don't have Japanese dragon whiskers... or horns...

Look at all of her abilities and aesthetics.

-Harlequins are known to wear very colorful clothing

-Hall of mirrors

-Eclipse

-Prism

-Mirages are illusions, or a trick on the eyes

Those powers dont count as Harlequin in any universe.

If Mirage was true Harlequin, she would be all about flashy movement. Not manpulation.