The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Keeping his tail wouldn't hurt either. I still very much like the current Chroma but that edited version with a few more additions is waaaay better than what other people were expecting and wanting.

kkf8Wpg.gif

You know what this guf reminds me of? Lebron James' ritual before he starts every single basketball game. LOL

It's been debated to death, the people who see his dragonness have come to accept it, those who don't- some just stop posting and let everyone have thier opinions. Then there is is your group, those who consistently believe posting "I DON'T LIKE IT, CHANGE IT" will get DE to change it.

And frankly, this argument about aesthetics is stagnating this discussion.

Don't like him? Okay, must you remind everyone? AGAIN?

He has seriously repeated himself for over 60 pages in the megathread and 2 other threads (Maybe more).

And tells us ``to deal with it``(page 186).

Go on,we won`t stop you.

Edited by Makinar

I won't be paying for him and hope one of his alternate helmets looks better...like maybe more dragon like. If one does then I bet it will be more popular then his default. Anyways I'm more curious about his abilities and how DE is going to justify people having to pay for colors if they want to see what all his abilities can do. Didn't we get rid of arcane helmets for a reason?

They got rid of arcane helmets because people didn't want to be forced into using certain stats when wearing one helmet or the other, not nessecarily because it had anything to do with plat.

I can dig him...

Most of the frames initial helmets in the game are unpleasant to me.

The snout on this one is a bit too long so it puts me in the same mind.

Hopefully the alt helm runs on the same base design but are more to my liking.

The rest of the body looks fine to me and reminds me of the Dragon Armor worn in F.F. Coppola's Dracula

People are going to have opinions and they are entitled to them...

That said, I sincerely hope DE doesn't cave and make changes to Chroma at this point.

You know what my biggest concern/hope regarding Chroma is ?

Cloth 2.0.

If it's being implemented it's going to mean great things for a lot of my other frames looks.

Absent that, Chroma looks good enough to purchase a slot for.

I can dig him...

Most of the frames initial helmets in the game are unpleasant to me.

The snout on this one is a bit too long so it puts me in the same mind.

Hopefully the alt helm runs on the same base design but are more to my liking.

The rest of the body looks fine to me and reminds me of the Dragon Armor worn in F.F. Coppola's Dracula

People are going to have opinions and they are entitled to them...

That said, I sincerely hope DE doesn't cave and make changes to Chroma at this point.

You know what my biggest concern/hope regarding Chroma is ?

Cloth 2.0.

If it's being implemented it's going to mean great things for a lot of my other frames looks.

Absent that, Chroma looks good enough to purchase a slot for.

Agreed!53503-Thor-Upvote-gif--Imgur-BjgE_zps36a

Augument fix=/= Good skill

And how is being able to proc enemies with cold and slow them down for 8 seconds not be a good skill? It's a for of CC I see only inside the Snow Globe, Ice Wave Impedance and the Ice floors of the Towers.

I never got hyped about a dragonframe. So unlike who did I don't care that he doesn't really resemble a classic dragon. Still I'm no fan of his looks. But thats just my opinion.

I kinda wish they would go back on making frames with regular armour instead of the nowadays organic or clothed warframes.

I never got hyped about a dragonframe. So unlike who did I don't care that he doesn't really resemble a classic dragon. Still I'm no fan of his looks. But thats just my opinion.

I kinda wish they would go back on making frames with regular armour instead of the nowadays organic or clothed warframes.

but!. . . .It's the fuuuuuture!BacktotheFuture2_zps56198bef.gif

And how is being able to proc enemies with cold and slow them down for 8 seconds not be a good skill? It's a for of CC I see only inside the Snow Globe, Ice Wave Impedance and the Ice floors of the Towers.

The difference between IceWave and it's augment is that impedance further follows frost  "hold this position down" style of gameplay. It allows frost to cast it once, to allow it to do it's job then recast it only when the skill has expired. Snowglobe follows similar theme as well as freeze.

The original icewave  you need to constantly be recasting it for it to slow down enemies, everytime an enemies dies it needs to be recasted so that subsequent enemies can be slowed, and it's only for a set duration because it's a proc. Frost doesn't have a caster energy pool

Impedance allows it to be casted once, it hit enemies and they will continually be slowed because of the ice floor, subsequent enemies will also be slowed as well. It's akin to a fire and forget skill.

The difference between IceWave and it's augment is that impedance further follows frost  "hold this position down" style of gameplay. It allows frost to cast it once, to allow it to do it's job then recast it only when the skill has expired. Snowglobe follows similar theme as well as freeze.

The original icewave  you need to constantly be recasting it for it to slow down enemies, everytime an enemies dies it needs to be recasted so that subsequent enemies can be slowed, and it's only for a set duration because it's a proc. Frost doesn't have a caster energy pool

Impedance allows it to be casted once, it hit enemies and they will continually be slowed because of the ice floor, subsequent enemies will also be slowed as well. It's akin to a fire and forget skill.

I feel like an aura could do it better so the power doesn't take up a slot.For instance you color your energy white get frost and it gives an aura that's powered by power range/power strength.Though I still feel nova could do it better with MP

I feel like an aura could do it better so the power doesn't take up a slot.For instance you color your energy white get frost and it gives an aura that's powered by power range/power strength.Though I still feel nova could do it better with MP

Nova can make enemies redonkulously slow for more than a minute, and up to more than 80 meters.

Edited by sappinmahsentry

i really like Chroma i think he looks pretty cool, as said earlier i kinda wish it was less fleshy more scaly but still... hes a dragon why wouldnt you want to melt grineer with a dragon?! 

and honestly what scares me most are the threads about his abilities that will inevitably be created after his actual release. remember the hate Limbo and Mesa got? Chroma has far too unique a mechanic (his color thing) to not be mercilessly flamed