The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you...

I know, there's no point. Clearly we aren't getting an actual Dragon frame. I can only express my disappointment of that fact so many ways.

To be clear, I don't expect that fan-made concept art, as good as it was, and as much as this game could use another bulky frame. I just expect, you know, a dragon. I wouldn't even care if it were mostly abstract and sort of plain like some of the older frames. Just not this complete lie we are getting. That is absolutely not a dragon.

I would even be fine with an Eastern/Asian style Dragon. Just not whatever this abomination is. It's a shame this thing is even being associated with the word.

I've been quite fine with every other frame design in this game. Some may not exactly be to my liking but I'm okay with them. This is the only frame I have ever been so displeased with that I feel the need to express my opinion over it. At least someone designed a decent alt helmet for it, but it doesn't save us from the rest of the horrible design.

Edited by Centias

Chroma is fine the way it is. Everyone has frames that they dont like visually, but this Chroma drama has gone on a bit too long. No one even knows what a dragon is supposed to look like anyway, it is all opinion.

Still your opinion too.. 

How can you tell someone to stop something you clearly do?

Are we suposed to be sheeps then? 

Pretty sure the answer would be a big No.

Edited by LinoGwada

You see just because all the other Tennos move more towards the left, Chroma is the first of many interesting Warframes with rebellious design breaking the stereotypes of a lot of things.

Sure you guys might have wanted Chroma to be kinda like Rhino but just think of Chroma as the equivalent of Rhino except he goes more to the right. o -o

We will welcome him and accept him like family because there is nothing wrong with leaning more to the right, he might even be longer than Rhino, you never know man.

Besides it's his abilities that are more important anyways not the size or the appearance.

He just leans more to the right~

That's all~ ;)

Still your opinion too.. 

How can you tell someone to stop something you clearly do?

Are we suposed to be sheeps then? 

Pretty sure the answer would be a big No.

you are crying over a cosmetic appearance. not an imbalance of power, not something that affects your rigs performance, not something that is offensive to anyone.

you are crying over a look.

zoolander1.jpg

you are crying over a cosmetic appearance. not an imbalance of power, not something that affects your rigs performance, not something that is offensive to anyone.

you are crying over a look.

*facepalm*

It's your opinion, some will follow it, some won't.

But let me ask you this again..

Are you thinking we shouldn't express ourselves in a forum? 

That's like the basics of it.. E.X.P.R.E.S.S.I.O.N

You can say how you feel about this situation but you can't tell others not to too.

That's common sense

I have a feeling it's also the pose that makes Chroma so unappealing.

nSNbJ7N.png

Look at that. Nobody can make that look cool.

Meanwhile this other picture

1a2cwoW.jpg

Damn that's badass.

Pretty much.

He uses same pose as Nekros, or at least i see it that way.

nSNbJ7N.png

1a2cwoW.jpg

Damn that's badass.

I CAN SEE IT!

I CAN SEE HIS RIGHT SIDE!!!! OMG!!!!! SO AWESOME!!!

He uses same pose as Nekros, or at least i see it that way.

In the second pose sure (or at least it's similar), but it's not even remotely similar to Nekros in the first frame, which is the one I think most people have issues with.  

Edited by DJ_Redwire

nSNbJ7N.png

1a2cwoW.jpg

Damn that's badass.

He looks better in that direction, but his design is still bad. But you do make a point that is position was very bad in that picture.

I still want a rework of his entire body, and alt helms... >.>

I take that back, Nekros somehow works it.

Necro_warframe_01.PNG

thin privilege

It looks like Nekros is thrusting his hips forward and this legs are in a more confident position, which makes it more... I dunno, strident? Brash? edit: maybe taken aback? Like he's all "tenno what?"

OTOH, Chroma's knees are splayed outward and partially bent and his torso is twisted in a weird way as your figure sketch nicely points out. I've said it before in this thread, but it totally looks like he just got punched in the chest and he's starting to fall backward.

The other two poses scream LOOK AT ME I'M A HORSE WHO WANTS A HORSEY RIDE

The still from the gif is, as you've noted, awesome.

Edited by ArbitUHM

There is more to Chroma that will be revealed as Tenno wield his power.

Is that a hint that his look will morph depending on use of powers (and colors maybe) ?

Because main concern aren't his skills (which we don't know yet), just that he isn't what a lot of players would call a dragon (so his looks).

Is that a hint that his look will morph depending on use of powers (and colors maybe) ?

Because main concern aren't his skills (which we don't know yet), just that he isn't what a lot of players would call a dragon (so his looks).

He will probably have some gimmick like Nova Prime head petals. Maybe his wings will spread out once you cast a power.

To be honest I kinda like his design. Makes you wonder even more about the relationship between Warframes and Tenno. Also guys, looks like DE were going for Greek dragon not European. EDIT: Chroma in Greek translates to color so yeah.

23kev6h.jpg

2dhfjmw.png

I must say this is the closest version of a mythological dragon relation I have seen.

Yet again, when looking at the helmet from the side it no longer really fits.

Though the side view is still closer than what others have suggested.

So kudos for that.

Edited by Ronyn

There is more to Chroma that will be revealed as Tenno wield his power.

Reveal an alt helmet that looks more like the commonly expected dragon aesthetic for those who will want that and we could quell some of this negativity. 

Edited by Ronyn

Reveal an alt helmet that looks more like the commonly expected dragon aesthetic for those who will want that and we could quell some of this negativity. 

Let people burn with the hatred of a thousand suns at a look they don't like!!  Lol, seriously people get to worked up over new designs.  The idea that every design has to please some imaginary majority is weird to me.  I like Chroma! No Bully!! :P