The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

She was named after Sarin which is a nerve agent produced by the military and terrorist groups. That is not something a snake would have. Tons of other creatures use/have venom. Not just snakes. Tons of other poisonous animals also molt.  The two last abilities she has are called Contagion and miasma. Contagion is a toxin and Miasma is corrosive. 

Venom can be called a toxin because it is toxic and it is usually poisonous. 

Checkmate.

Venom is not poisonous, it's venomous, venom and poison are not related to each-other in any way except that they're both toxins. But we know that she's based off venomous animals and plants, which is still weird. But please stop using venom and poison as the same word. Poisons are neither toxin nor venom, toxins are massively changed poisons that usually spawn from plants, venom is a toxin that usually spawns from animals and bugs.  This is weird as the Hemlock helmet is based off a poisonous plant. Not anything venomous or toxic, this is literally the only thing besides Miasma that's based off poison in Saryn's arsenal.

So she's a frame that's based off, not one, not two, not even three, but four things. I have yet to see a frame that's based off as much stuff as Saryn is. IMO Saryn is one of the most insanely weird and ugly frames, but that just makes her look more threatening to me.

P.S. Yes, I have learned Saryn is based off poison, toxin, and venom.

Edited by sappinmahsentry

*ON CHROMA TOPIC: Chroma is based off a Greek dragon, Greek culture, and a seahorse, weird to say the least. I'll be honest, I was a bit disappointed that he leaned more towards the seahorse, but it could be a lot worse, and I love his design. I hope he has NO western helmet, if anything, I hope it's more towards the Greek dragon he was loosely based off combined with a Japanese dragon's beard

I agree on his design, love how its not a sterotypical dragon frame and its something intresting. Now my only question is....should I get him...or why am i even questioning that?

*ON CHROMA TOPIC: Chroma is based off a Greek dragon, Greek culture, and a seahorse, weird to say the least. I'll be honest, I was a bit disappointed that he leaned more towards the seahorse, but it could be a lot worse, and I love his design. I hope he has NO western helmet, if anything, I hope it's more towards the Greek dragon he was loosely based off combined with a Japanese dragon's beard

molt, face it, DE has unorthodox themes for their frames, and I love them for it.

I am Greek and i am offended for the design and i dont want to be inspired by our dragons . Our dragons were lame

Venom is not poisonous, it's venomous, venom and poison are not related to each-other in any way except that they're both toxins. But we know that she's based off venomous animals and plants, which is still weird. But please stop using venom and poison as the same word. Poisons are neither toxin nor venom, toxins are massively changed poisons that usually spawn from plants, venom is a toxin that usually spawns from animals and bugs.  This is weird as the Hemlock helmet is based off a poisonous plant. Not anything venomous or toxic, this is literally the only thing besides Miasma that's based off poison in Saryn's arsenal.

So she's a frame that's based off, not one, not two, not even three, but four things. I have yet to see a frame that's based off as much stuff as Saryn is. IMO Saryn is one of the most insanely weird and ugly frames, but that just makes her look more threatening to me.

P.S. Yes, I have learned Saryn is based off poison, toxin, and venom.

I am all for ugliness if it lends to a specific theme. I really don't think saryn has the same level of ugliness that chroma does however.

Chroma just looks ugly for the sake of being ugly to me. :C

that's so boring though. It just looks like a dude. Where's the alien-ness?

Whatever... keep your sea horse head. I would just like to opt out of the originality here. Just me... you're fine.

I'd rather have a boring dude than unspeakable monstrosity (though original!). It's nice to settle down with something monotone from time to time... clears the head. We can't all keep up with you young hip.. uhm sorry... people.

I'm already being punished enough by the additional 75p cost of the alt helmet so...

Also, not sure alien is the right word here. Chroma sure is different... but I wouldn't call it alien. In fact it seems pretty familiar to me, I'm speaking of course about the close resemblance to certain something.

Edited by LocoWithGun

Whatever... keep your sea horse head. I would just like to opt out of the originality here. Just me... you're fine.

I'd rather have a boring dude than unspeakable monstrosity (though original!). It's nice to settle down with something monotone from time to time... clears the head. We can't all keep ut with you young hip.. uhm sorry... people.

I'm already being punished enough by the additional 75 cost of the alt helmet so...

Also, not sure alien is the right word here. Chroma sure is different... but I wouldn't call it alien. In fact it seems pretty familiar to me, I'm speaking of course about the close resemblance to certain something.

Pretty much.

Boring? Dunno, maybe, but at least it's not horrible.

I'd rather have a boring dude than unspeakable monstrosity (though original!). It's nice to settle down with something monotone from time to time... clears the head. We can't all keep up with you young hip.. uhm sorry... people.

I'm already being punished enough by the additional 75p cost of the alt helmet so...

"I'd rather have a boring dude than unspeakable monstrosity (though original!). It's nice to settle down with something monotone from time to time... clears the head. We can't all keep up with you young hip.. uhm sorry... people." I think he's broken dafuq1_zps13bf5df5.gif

well

the head looks really @(*()$ ugly, no offense to the designers, just personal opinion, hopefully the alts look better

all in all though i love the design of the frame, and the so called "color-abilities"

hope it doesn't crash the game tho

That is kind of the last of our hopes. At least getting a proper alt-helmet.

Chroma's shown helmet *does* look like a dragons head... may it be the chinese red dragons with the long heads, or from several other mythologies, fairy-tales and classic movies and art that is sword&sorcery-themed.

Playing a game rated M for mature, and yet we have half the forums whining and stomping like 5-year-olds because of a virtual pixel-design. lol

Edited by RedEyedRaven

Chroma's shown helmet *does* look like a dragons head... may it be the chinese red dragons with the long heads, or from several other mythologies, fairy-tales and classic movies and art that is sword&sorcery-themed.

Playing a game rated M for mature, and yet we have half the forums whining and stomping like 5-year-olds because of a virtual pixel-design. lol

Yeah, what a bunch of loosers, getting invested in something that was created by other persons as a form of a creative expression. Like, duhh, who does this? Like i dont even at all. Can you imagine? Someone having an opinion of a picture or a sculpture? This never happened in the history of humanity, and if, only to 5-yo on some forums. Geeeeez, lol, omfg.

And it does NOT look like a dragon's head. No matter which one you pick - no dragon has such a slim snout. You know why? Because they arent anteaters or jar-jar-binkses. They are carnivore hunters who haunt your nightmares. They have jaws, not a trunk.

Edited by Kasseopea

I think his/her abilities will be cool with the color interaction. But the frame itself is absolutely hideous to me. Looks like a bacon wrapped anteater. Which makes me hope they actually make a "dragon" looking secondary helm.

Chroma does not look like a dragon to me. The head ruins it for me. 

Chroma is NOT a Dragon!

This is a Dragon!!!!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37089-a-warframe-concept-the-dragon-20-%E2%80%94-final-update-2092015/?hl=%20dragon%20%20frame

I do not know what I'm more angry with the fact you add a Dragon frame when such an awesome design existed already or that the design you chose makes this Dragon frame look like a creature that is not a Dragon.

Edited by Mythblaze

Yeah, what a bunch of loosers, getting invested in something that was created by other persons as a form of a creative expression. Like, duhh, who does this? Like i dont even at all. Can you imagine? Someone having an opinion of a picture or a sculpture? This never happened in the history of humanity, and if, only to 5-yo on some forums. Geeeeez, lol, omfg.

And it does NOT look like a dragon's head. No matter which one you pick - no dragon has such a slim snout. You know why? Because they arent anteaters or jar-jar-binkses. They are carnivore hunters who haunt your nightmares. They have jaws, not a trunk.

Being invested in something and showing less-than-exemplary behaviour are two different things.

And if a dragon can't have a long snout-ish head, what about Mushu (yeah, a goddamn dragon for children lol) and so many other (more serious) movie-dragons then? It's not like they all had bulky, short heads. What about the designs in Panzer Dragoon then?

It's not ugly just because some or many people don't like it.

Chroma does not look like a dragon to me. The head ruins it for me. 

Chroma is NOT a Dragon!

This is a Dragon!!!!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37089-a-warframe-concept-the-dragon-20-—-final-update-2092015/?hl= dragon frame

I do not know what I'm more angry with the fact you add a Dragon frame when such an awesome design existed already or that the design you chose makes this Dragon frame look like a creature that is not a Dragon.

Can we please stop linking that thread already? We get it, you wanted an angular Rhino with spikes. I respect people's opinions, but iff you failed to realize DE will never copy a fan concept exactly that's on you.

We already have Chroma, and the developers have set a precedent of no art changes for warframes. That's how it's always been.

For the record, it looks nothing like an Eastern dragon in any way, shape, or form.

Seriously, I'm from Hong Kong, and Eastern dragons are depicted everywhere, mainly as a recurring theme in many Cantonese restaurants. I know what I'm talking about. On the other end, you guys are basing your assumptions off of "not European dragon = Eastern dragon".

To all of the people who say that DE should not go for Endrian's concept: yes, you are correct. Endrian's concept is rather cliche, but still really badass, and hits the 'dragon' concept spot-on. However, DE's version, while trying to keep to an 'original' theme, completely misses the 'dragon' concept.

We don't see much of Eastern dragons in video games anyway, especially Eastern-dragonic-armor (name some video games with Eastern-draconic-armor). I think this is a good time to actually try that out and actually make the dragon frame a bloody dragon frame, instead of trying too hard to be 'original' and 'unique' and ending up with an infested-aardvark-seahorse-twizzlers-with-slabs-of-infested-flesh piece of crap.

Edited by HatchetHaro

I still say Excalibur Prime looks like a dragon-armor themed frame: helmet gives off a dragon-esque look, with the gold trim on the base of the jaw resembling the bottom gums of a dragon, the lights resembling teeth. It also resembles a spiked beard seen in some dragon imagery. The frame has spike-esque fins on his forearms, spikes on the back, and dragon-esque feet. He even (along with Excalibur) has an alt helmet called Pendragon, based on King Arthur's nickname (I guess you call that a nickname). Anyway, that's the sort of thing I really wanted from a dragon frame (not that I really wanted a dragon frame) - something that looked like dragon-themed armor. I know most wanted a dragon-themed warframe that was as much dragon as Oberon is goat/deer (in other words, closer to the beast look and less like a man in dragon-esque armor), but something that resembled a man in dragon-esque armor is what I wanted for a dragon frame. Again, imo, it's the body that is the most un-dragon-like, and a large part of that is due to the fur-like detail. That said, DE's not going to change Chroma, so I'll keep treating Excal Prime as my dragon frame, even if he can't function like one.

@RedEyedRaven - yes, it is ugly (to some people) and no, it isn't ugly (to other people). If some or many people don't like it, then it is ugly to them.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bb/D%26D_red_dragon1.jpg

Edited by AntoineFlemming