The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's Excited For Difficult 8 Man Raids?

geninrising

The thing I am thinking about it, what kind of load is it gonna put on the Host with 8 players in the squad...

Chances are it will be hosted instances. DE has already proven they can do it with a plethora of Tenno. I don't think it should be too much of a problem to provide a server for raids only.

Defense is a horrible idea for the raid. Let's make a super hard mode doing something Tenno already do to death. 

Admittedly though I laughed considering that was my first worry. That DE would call it this great thing and hype the hell out of it only to find it's a wasted opportunity(archwing).

How is Archwing a "wasted opportunity" at all? 

Excited ?

Oh yeah, lag fest when the host does not have a killer machine +internet connections and 8 players spaming ults or using Kohm will still bring it to its knees.

Constant player drops

Host migration

Suddenly strict nat 

etc

Until there is something like dedicated servers I do not see this being anything but a royal pain.

I'd actually like to see some diversity in groups... Not just a squad of 8 Rhinos...

Right now though, I'm just imagining the other game type possibilities. Oh god, the ideas that come to mind..

Raid seems like a good start, but I hope they don't stop with that (I know they probably won't, but the wait is going to kill me.)

No. This right here is one reasons, i just dont want to see this. Me alone as mesa/valkyr/zephyr/oberon/banshee(you got the idea) with 7 other rhinos, oh how fun that sounds or lets make it even "better" lets have say 4rhinos and 3novas. Wohoo really fun, just no.

Second due our "press 4 to win" and OP weapons, there have to be some ridiciously strong enemies or conclave limit 500 in order enemies have chance even in slightest against 8 players.

This should be a pretty powerful group.

1 Nova

1 Banshee

2 Trinity

4 Zephyr

Now you have CC, damage boost, healing and bullets that will never hit you. I just can't see how they will balance this game mode because almost no matter what it'll be ridiculous. 

Unless it's Archwing mode only.

DE stated in the Dev Stream that it will be so hard that some players will not be able to complete it. I'm seriously hoping they stick to their guns on that difficulty.

Which means we're going to find some combination of powers (or just one power) that trivializes it, like we have everything else so far.  Maybe even to the point where some people might even farm the content (I hear of people doing Overtake for attempts at Nullifier drops).

Tactical alerts have set this precedent pretty solidly already.

Edited by ArcusVeles

Youre excited now, but just wait until you see its full of Nullifiers, or other enemies immune to frame powers.

Seriously, with amount of CC 8 players affords theres no way that cannot happen.

Unless we fight against Grineer in machines or whatever.... weak argument, the CC of 8 players will indeed be insane, how is DE going to do that?

Just a comment on how hyped AW was only to have a grand total of 2 mission types to play in, forcing horribly tedious leveling of gear that has no impact on core gameplay.

Remember Warframe in CB, Tenno.... Remember.... "COMBAT FORMATION BRAVO!!"... Archwing is more like a completely new game, maybe U16 will add more.

Edited by Kao-Snake

As an experienced player i can tell you that in general players are not ready for 8 player missions.

DE has been (as expected) been adding mechanical difficulty to the game, one of the greatest examples is rescue 2.0, a mission many still don't know how to do on their own, let alone do it when someone screws up.

Players often want easy missions where killing is the objective, they want mathematical difficulty, because they will end up blaming unbalanced gameplay in the forums, it's easier to blame the numbers.

I usually compensate for the other players ineptitude, the only thing i might need to do if possible might be to try and be good enough to compensate for 7 players ineptitude, it won't be easy especially if half the team is doing something completely different.

I'm not all that excited, i would be if in general players were competent, but as it stands, demanding certain mods and viewing the player experience in profile might be required when those mission come up.

To be blunt - at worst it will be a complete disaster - at best a halfbaked mess.

I love Warframe - but its clear to me at least that DE have no real grasp on good co-op mechanics. We may all be playing in the same missions - but aside from T4 and the outer planets - we don't actually need each other at all. Most of the time we're actively working to "beat" each other instead of together.

Anyone who thinks raids are the answer to their own boredom with WF are seriously kidding themselves. Without some real co-op mission mechanics - it will just be more of the same bulletsponge enemies with more lag and a higher percentage of the team ignoring the objective.