Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Probably An Awful Idea As A Replacement For Desecrate But Posting It Anyway.

Kruglov

So assuming whenever DE decide to change Nekros they realize there is no way to cure the cancer that is desecrate.

And it is a cancer, let's not even beat around the bush. It's designed specifically to make farming easier, offers no offensive potential, it's defensive potential drops off as enemies start dying less and damage climbs, plus you have to mod for it to use it often.

If you're using a summon build for Nekros (ie, strength and duration which benefits every ability except desecrate) you will rarely use desecrate as it eats up quite a bit of energy and its energy ball drop chance isnt as reliable as the chance for health orbs.

It also doesn't benefit your other abilities in any way. Soul punch, Terrify, Shadows might as well exist in a seperate dimension.

DE made a new version of it called Despoil that benefits Nekros players who use Equilibrium, which is already the mod of choice for most desecration builds as it is. But Despoil just allows players to make hybrid builds and doesnt fix the real problem of Desecration:

- useless offensively

- almost useless defensively

- pidgeon-holes Nekros into being Farmy McLoot and not cool skeleton ghost bondage wizard

A thought hit me (while looking at other rpg's) for an ability that could be good both offensively and defensively for Nekros that gives him an ability no other Warframe has, and would possibly be a very good (maybe even slightly overpowered) supportive ability to help out his team.

And would also not completely take away the extra loot people tend to use him for.

And most importantly, DE already have the code for it with Trinity's link that they could reuse parts of!

So here it is:

CHAINS OF DESECRATION:

"Nekros seals the fates of enemies, forcing them to share each other's pain."

- Nekros links together 4, 5, 6, 7 enemies in a 15 meter radius

- enemies are now linked together by ghostly chains

- chains last 6, 7, 8, 9 seconds

- all enemies chained now SHARE 15% of their damage taken

- enemies that die while under the effects have 15%, 20%, 25%, 30% chance of rerolling their loot table

- enemies that die while under the effects have a 60%, 70%, 80%, 90% chance of dropping health orbs

- number of enemies connected affected by Power Strength

- damage shared by chained enemies affected by Power Strength

- range of chain cast area affected by Power Range

- chain duration affected by Power Duration

- chance of rerolling loot NOT AFFECTED by mods

- chance of dropping health orbs NOT AFFECTED by mods

- cannot be recast until duration ends or all chained enemies have been slain

- does not stack with other Chains of Desecration

VISUAL EXAMPLE:

nekros.jpg

eh? Eh? Now Nekros has a unique method of making enemies take damage that is purely supportive, works with every power and weapon in the game including his own, is still spooky themed, and even still has a chance of causing more loot to occur.

and for the augment....

BONDS OF DESPOILMENT.

- Nekros sacrifices 90, 80, 70, 60 health to cast instead of energy

- chained enemies now all share debuffs and procs

- every enemy killed while chained creates a Shadow of itself that immediately attacks nearby enemies

- Shadows have same stats as ones created by Shadows of the Dead

- Shadows created by this ability have a 50% chance of dropping loot and a health orb as well

- does not stack with other Chains of Desecration or Bonds of Despoilment

Thoughts? Is this something that could fix one of Nekros many problems? Or have I created an unholy steaming pile the likes of which make women cry out in agony and men gnash their teeth?

(note: i am fully aware this wont ever get ingame considering what happened with ember)

Edited by Kruglov

My first thought is that it is a slow variation of Volt's shock. My second thought is that if you had a bonus payout where upon death, chained enemies were raised to serve you or leeched power to your energy, it would be worth it, because the chain ends with Nekros.

My third thought is +1 on the entertaining illustration.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Actually not bad at all.

I think that a 15% damage share is a bit too low, considering that there IS a maximum amount of enemies. Up it to 30% or more and I'm sold.

The idea that with despoilment enemies that just died resurrect in the form of a shadow sounds even cooler.

Edited by dadaddadada

Sorry bud, desecrate is killing nekros' identity

or the other abilities could be better

Which would be a shame if they drastically changed desecrate into something completely different (as I already made a quick thinking/despoil build around  it)

only the future knows what holds for nekros *crosses fingers for no/little change*

or the other abilities could be better

Which would be a shame if they drastically changed desecrate into something completely different (as I already made a quick thinking/despoil build around it)

only the future knows what holds for nekros *crosses fingers for no/little change*

Doesnt matter how godlike his other powers become, people are just going to spam desecrate and yell at others that dont. It happens with other frames too. With this change it still gets the loot power, but synergizes with damage, allowing room for other powers to have encouraged use Edited by cyrus106

Well I'm glad people like it after all. Its inspiration ideas are based on some stuff from Defense of the Ancients and Path of Exile. You can probably guess what abilities those are if you've played either of those titles.

As a frequent Nekros player I would actually kind of love this change.

:)

I love Nekros as well, just forma'd him the other night even; so I tried to come up with something that could work with the rest of his toolset.

The first sentence makes no sence?? Desecrate is no cancer :P Leave it alone, its perfect.

WRONG. THIS IS VERY WRONG. IT IS NOT PERFECT. THAT IS FALSE....ahem..um...excuse me....

to the point:

is nekros' gameplay. I press a standing spell with no interaction with anything but already dead bodies.

I press this spell to loot bodies more than i shoot my gun.....

imagine an mmo where you spent all of your time standing over bodies looting rather than fighting?

is this fun? no. is this engaging? no. is this good design? no. is this PERFECT?

No. it's boring. you know it's boring. and one day you are going to get bored of doing it. Stop the worry about power gaming and worry about the gaming being fun.

is nekros' gameplay. I press a standing spell with no interaction with anything but already dead bodies.

I press this spell to loot bodies more than i shoot my gun.....

That's actually another reason I came up with this idea.

Desecrate at the moment is an instant cast which means frequently having to recast it.

Once you spend more than 20-30 minutes in a survival your left hand's fingers are pretty exhausted having to jam 3 constantly.

Chains of Desecration has duration, which makes it much less painful.

Drop the effect on enemy loot table and I'll throw in a +1. the main problem with desecrate is the fact that it manipulates loot table. If you changed it tochains you would just run aroud spammin those on live enemies instead of spamming the current version on dead ones.

Letting status effect jump along the chain is a great idea though.

So assuming whenever DE decide to change Nekros they realize there is no way to cure the cancer that is desecrate.

Desecrate isn't cancer, it's yet another band aid for the incredibly horrible chore of getting cells, neurodes and sensors. That 54% reroll is the only thing that keeps some of us from going insane when we need 15 cells for one weapon (not to mention pigment farming).

Edited by The_Doc

I like it.

However, I do not get why you are unable to recast. It is a good ability, but only 7 enemies at high levels is nothing, making it recastable would help with scaling with mods size.

That is just a little nit-pick, so you still got the +1