Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I Give Up Farming The Dual Decurions?

cloudyDev

I am a rare person in the Warframe community. I actually really enjoy Archwing compared to most peoples opinions. 

Although Archwing is faaaar from perfect and one Prime example (see what I did there?) is that everything is locked behind a grind/RNG wall. Not fun at all.

The point is that I have been farming for the Dual Decurion for a while now with at least +100 runs on Jupiter and Neptune Archwing missions combined. So... should I just give in and buy it or what? I have the platinum, but it costs 225 and I only have about 350 left so that leaves me with around 125 platinum. I'd rather not buy it and save that money for slots (which are terrible and should be removed, but that is another thread entirely). 

So let me know what you think because I need some sleep now, it is almost 1:00AM where I am. Thanks, and I will read your opinions in the morning, Goodnight. 

I am a rare person in the Warframe community. I actually really enjoy Archwing compared to most peoples opinions. 

You aren't alone. 

I too adore the Archwings.

As for the Decurions.

Well, they aren't the best but they aren't the worst either. In terms of stats, I wouldn't recommend them that much. But in terms of looks? Good god they are so stylish.

Took me 120 runs to get them. I love archwing, I formad all my archwing stuff, even veritux / onorix and corvas, but good gravy I never want to do that again

To answer your question,  I'd say they're not worth the plat, but grinding them will feel like stabbing yourself int he hand many times 

Edited by Somedude1000

About those archwing prizes.

Remember when De removed banshee from defense drop tables cause it simply was too hard to anyone to obtain her.

Well, it's like DE didn't learn anything, or they dont care, cause now they stuffed allot of trash in so many archwing mission, ext, sabotage, etc, and most of the times no prizes, so yah, I gave up pretty fast on all archwing stuff.

Archwing is very far far to be even reasonably good, it hardly grasps mediocre in my scale, which is sad, cause it haves huge potential, but it was and will ever be poorly designed, until the devs realize its a side mission, its just a mode of warframe.

Edited by 7grims

Don't give up! I got super lucky with the Barrels - Got both in consecutive runs of the Neptune Sabotage, but it took a similar investment of time for me to get the Receivers. I alternated between Venus and Mars exterminates and got enough Velocitus parts to build that damn gun at least ten times over... I got both Receivers when I thought "Oh heck, I'll try a run before going to bed." 

My friends and I are convinced that the game has a built-in desire sensor. The more you want something, the more it holds it back from  you. The key is grinding with a little less focus. Pick a few other things to get done, and mix up what you're doing. It keeps the experience fresher and less frustrating. I contemplated plat-buying a few times, but honestly, they're not worth it. Not for 225 plat. They're decent weapons, and they're stylish as hell, but those style points aren't going to last long in terms of sustaining the satisfaction with your purchase. Save your money, farm them up the hard way, and appreciate them when you get them. 

the Dual Disasters, Dual Desperate Housewives, Et Cetera - 

are abysmal.

so if you're running out of patience to get the Weapon, don't worry about it. it's Mastery Fodder. so take a break and do something else if not getting the pieces you're looking for is starting to grind your gears.

unfortunately.

i wanted to like it, and the Concept sounded good but they're basically unusable. it's a tossup between them and Corvas for a truly awful Weapon.

Edited by taiiat

I didn't even notice getting all the parts, but it didn't take long - sad to say I agree with others here that they're really just not worth it. Hard to control, poor accuracy, slow rate of fire.. they just look awesome lol Not bad for close up stuff like the corpus missions where the mobs are in your face.

I complained about the imperator until I got the dual decurions.. and then I realised that I just didn't appreciate what I had with the Imperator.

Save your plat, aim to get them by "accident" rather than deliberate design (farming for that purpose).

Enjoying archwing is certainly a minority group.. which I'm also part of lol