Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So What Do You Tell People Who Didnt Get Excal Proto Skin 3Rd Year?

This is pretty simple it was released for a short limited time last year as part of the 1yr anniversary of the game on PC. As with all items, weapons, gear (with the exception of noted founders/closed beta EXCLUSIVES) anything can be-reintroduced to the game from the VAULT at anytime.

It was limited and expensive for many last year. We have all enjoyed the look of the Hayden proto-skin and I would certainly hope that it does come back again even limited for the 2yr anniversary. I do not doubt there will be more items in the second year available as well. Honestly they will make a killing on it if DE re-releases it since it has been a year of people clamoring in hopes of having it.

Watch the trading market go nuts in the short time it becomes available again. Will be a great time to get some good mods cheap!!!!

I have no problem with the old anniversary items being re-released if it is along side new stuff too. For example, look at what happened at the end of October.  We got the Day of the Dead skins from last year re-released along side a new pack of skins for this year.  The Candy Cane scythes also made a seasonal return but they did not prevent new content being around at the same time.

While the first anniversary was a special day to celebrate for those who were here, bear in mind that there are new players starting all the time and for them the next anniversary will be their first anniversary.

That last line is probably the best thing written about the subject.

First off,To Me First Year anniversary should be more important than the 2nd 3rd 10th even 20th. so i don't think anything from a first anniversary item should be copied and pasted.

Second, people who didn't get the the excal proto skin this year. what are you gonna say next year

you should go got it when you had the chance? we had proto skin two years now, we need something new?

people who have it already want something new and they deserve it , and it will be an endless thread of a  poor mans excal prime 2.0.

only people who should have a chance maybe xb1 but then xb1 has not  been here a year yet they will get their anniversary stuff eventually.

im not sayin that They shouldnt bring it back out , im saying if it hinders us from getting something new. and cool stuff we would have got. then i say let it go  but then again if something from warframe you're not eligible to get you will NEVER let it go.

so as you were

It's an anniversary. Which means you are celebrating something that happened on the year previous. Therefore, giving out something different for each anniversary would make little sense. 

Ehh its a skin for frame I dont really like, so I dont have say in it that I care if comes back or not lol.

it would be neat though to see something else neat for this anniversary! Any kind of new cosmetic really im always open for :3

Side thought: new helmets for some of the newer frames! *cough cough* zephy plskthx *cough cough* <3

Ehh its a skin for frame I dont really like, so I dont have say in it that I care if comes back or not lol.

it would be neat though to see something else neat for this anniversary! Any kind of new cosmetic really im always open for :3

Side thought: new helmets for some of the newer frames! *cough cough* zephy plskthx *cough cough* <3

I think you'd have to consult Zephyr's maker about that so that he can suggest what her new helments and skins should look like. 

You know... Because it'd be Zephyr's creator... 

I wonder if we'll get a proto glaive skin this year.

The original Glaive is basically an exact replicate. 

I purchased the Proto-skin last year, and I'm perfectly fine with it being re-released. Anyone who thinks that they deserve a one-of-a-kind item simply for having the plat at the time, or just knowing that it exists, is not a Tenno. Just another greedy Corpus, hiding among our kind.

Hell, I'd be fine with them re-releasing the accessories pack from Nyx prime. I'd be fine with them re-releasing the Vandal/Wraith/Other weapons that were only available for players who happened to know the game existed back then.

There's no point in making items that are only released once. Because then, eventually 90% of the players who have them disappear from the game, and no one gets to see these items in action anymore. Devs worked hard designing these guns/weapons/skins, and just because of player greed they will only appear once?

From a company perspective, you might think, "Oh! Release a limited time item, get a bunch of extra cash for that month!" Well, that's nice and all, but would you prefer having 20k in cash, or getting 40k over the course of a year?

It does not make sense, unless the company is struggling. Even then, just have a limited time sale on the item (Darvo's Deals?) to make some extra coin asap.

Wait, wait, wait... the Proto Armor skin is coming back? Oh. My. God. Yes, please. I missed that opportunity to get it. Even though I don't use Excalibur that much, I still want that skin. I liked Dark Sector, although it was too linear.

Edited by RextintorZ

Wait, wait, wait... the Proto Armor skin is coming back? Oh. My. God. Yes, please. I missed that opportunity to get it. Even though I don't use Excalibur that much, I still want that skin. I liked Dark Sector, although it was too linear.

And what do you think about bringing back Excalibur Prime, available for everyone?

I completely disagree, what do you mean the first should be the best, I think not.

The more anniversaries Warframe go's through the more it and any game that survives and flourishes the way it has should dam well get something better then the first year. Do married couples say "Oh the fist year we were together is the most important". No? People clap and congratulate a couple for lasting longer and enduring the trials along the way while still remaining together.

Much like Warframe has lasted longer I say the more years added onto Warframe is the more we should all celebrate. Some games come and go but when a game can stay and flourish even in the face of up's and down's then it disserves a pat on the back.

Edited by Monybags33

I purchased the Proto-skin last year, and I'm perfectly fine with it being re-released. Anyone who thinks that they deserve a one-of-a-kind item simply for having the plat at the time, or just knowing that it exists, is not a Tenno. Just another greedy Corpus, hiding among our kind.

Hell, I'd be fine with them re-releasing the accessories pack from Nyx prime. I'd be fine with them re-releasing the Vandal/Wraith/Other weapons that were only available for players who happened to know the game existed back then.

There's no point in making items that are only released once. Because then, eventually 90% of the players who have them disappear from the game, and no one gets to see these items in action anymore. Devs worked hard designing these guns/weapons/skins, and just because of player greed they will only appear once?

From a company perspective, you might think, "Oh! Release a limited time item, get a bunch of extra cash for that month!" Well, that's nice and all, but would you prefer having 20k in cash, or getting 40k over the course of a year?

It does not make sense, unless the company is struggling. Even then, just have a limited time sale on the item (Darvo's Deals?) to make some extra coin asap.

He....hehe.....that made me giggle a bit, "Worked hard designing". They are already existing weapons with an uncolorable skin slapped onto them and some numerical values changed, please.....