Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Origin Stories: The First Of Them (Ch. 58: "Broken" Update)

ROSING

I am enjoying this. Your characters are proving to be very well developed, even the ones with the short screen time. More please?

Of course! These next few chapters are going to get kinda complex for me though, so I'm going to be taking quite a bit of time to make sure everything at least partially makes sense. Still going to come out with a chapter a week at the latest tho

Chapter 10 is up. Things are being set in motion that cannot be reversed, and as the Tenno make their debut to the Empire, they will soon learn the meaning of leadership, strength, trust, and sacrifice.

And as such, I am scared as hell that I'm going to mess these next few chapters up...but get ready for action!

*squeals like a girl*

OH MY GOD!

You get better and better. Try to keep it up and improve more and more! The pacing was really nice this chapter, but the conversations, while tons better, still have to improve(all of us amateur writers have this problem) and so does the fluidity as you shift from subject to subject, alright?

Still, Amazing!

Alright so, since these next few chapters are incredibly complex, and also since I'm going somewhere where I will lack access to a computer for a week, there will be no update next week. That being said, I am always thinking about this story. Currently I'm working on the next 3-4 chapters all at once to make sure they'll all flow smoothly. I promise that as soon as I am back, I'll pick up the pace because hopefully a week of thinking about this story will make it pump out much faster.

"I'll write the chapters! I swear it!"

-Koda

• 2 weeks later...

I'm here.....slowly sinking...so much IRL work to get through, but I do have a first draft of the next few chapters ready. To be completely honest with you, I won't  be able to get out another chapter until next week, unfortunately. However, I will promise that if i don't have anything out exactly a week from now, then I'm straight slacking. So by this time next week I am determined to have a chapter posted!

*squeals like a girl*

OH MY GOD!

You get better and better. Try to keep it up and improve more and more! The pacing was really nice this chapter, but the conversations, while tons better, still have to improve(all of us amateur writers have this problem) and so does the fluidity as you shift from subject to subject, alright?

Still, Amazing!

Also, I wanted to ask what exactly about my conversations I can improve upon; I forgot to respond immediately to this post. But yeah I could see that shifting subject to subject was kinda awkward.

Fortunately, most of the next chapters is straight fighting, so I don't have to worry about it as much...

Also, I wanted to ask what exactly about my conversations I can improve upon; I forgot to respond immediately to this post. But yeah I could see that shifting subject to subject was kinda awkward.

Fortunately, most of the next chapters is straight fighting, so I don't have to worry about it as much...

The transition between dialogues, that is linking the dialogues together smoothly. For most new or amateur writer this is the biggest problem because conversations become awkward. It's gotten a lot better, but there's still a lot of way to go :)

Fight-o! Fight-o! 

I will lead them to victory. Protect the empire, destroy the Sentients.

I don’t want to die.

None of my friends are going to die—not this time.

I won’t be a burden to Hayden and the rest.

If I succeed, then I can save this ship.

It’s time to heat things up.

I'm going to become stronger. Just you watch, Newt.

I will protect her. I swear it.

I guess I have a promise to keep...Chapter 11 is coming out tomorrow!

I will lead them to victory. Protect the empire, destroy the Sentients.

I don’t want to die.

None of my friends are going to die—not this time.

I won’t be a burden to Hayden and the rest.

If I succeed, then I can save this ship.

It’s time to heat things up.

I'm going to become stronger. Just you watch, Newt.

I will protect her. I swear it.

I guess I have a promise to keep...Chapter 11 is coming out tomorrow!

HYPE!

Man, now I know what DE feels like with these deadlines you set for yourself.

Chapter 11 is out. As there has been a break, please let me know if this chapter is crap compared to the others. Apart from that, things are picking up!