Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Feedback & Suggestions Thread

_Chaser

excalibur:

super jump don't cause alarm - confirmed

slash dash don't cause alarm - confirmed

-alarm cooldown still doesn't work proper.

after some time enemies DO stop run at you and music changes to peacefull but in cautious state they spot you even if you are behind them

-enemies still can spot you from back when they check their gear/legs

-ash shuriken still cause alert

-ash teleport cause alert

more to go

Edited by n7snk

Great thread with lots of great stealth gameplay ideas.

Heck after playing the game for a bit the blueness of the starting environment really reminded me of MGS 1 for PS1 and the ship from MGS2. I fired those up and ran around a bit.

I'll throw my 2 cents in the ring. I'm pro stealth being added to the WARFRAME but I'd like to come at it from a controller/input standpoint.

2 things

1. MGS style sneak movement.

This would not include crawling on tenno belly. That doesn't fit in this game imo. But putting your back to a wall and moving along it would help in terms of sneaking and creating a lower visual profile.

2. Gears of War style cover system.

Your enemies in WARFRAME can do this but your tenno cannot.

That's only if the game wants to go that way in terms of design though. As maybe this game is not supposed to have these things... and maybe they are things that only seem like they would greatly help out the singler player... but I was thinkiing that if multiplayer co-op and fighting a swarm it would be cool to take cover and conduct some tactical squad combat.

Edited by Zyxy

alright, if you are interested in stealth and willing to help out, please provide feedback on questions below

what you can do to help to improve stealth gameplay?

provide feedback on what skills of what frames cause and don't cause alert?

provide feedback on alert cooldown

provide feedback is there modules to show enemies on radar or not yet?

provide feedback are doors for 2 people still cause alert or not?

update on alarm system. if you killed all enemies in section even if they shot at you but didn't trigger alarm, enemies in next room would not be alerted as it used to be. good news.

no other good news other then that for now

Edited by n7snk

i think invisibility should be for all warframes not only for ash (or at least for a few of them ) , since many players get exaclibru at the beginning. If a warframe is invisible and he sprints, the enemy should be on alert. The skill should use energy pers second , and the invisibility should turn off when he attacks or backstabs from invisibility.

i think invisibility should be for all warframes not only for ash (or at least for a few of them ) , since many players get exaclibru at the beginning. If a warframe is invisible and he sprints, the enemy should be on alert. The skill should use energy pers second , and the invisibility should turn off when he attacks or backstabs from invisibility.

to be honest thats rather easy to go all stealth on excalibur then on ash atm. xcal skills don't cause alert and super jump is far more usefull then invisibility

In the original Dark Sector trailer thingy it showed that Tenno character switching his Warframe from "Combat mode" to "Stealth mode."

So i suggest this mechanic be implement in this game. While you are in stealth mode you move silently, become harder to see, and all your abilities become kill moves instead. So for Excalibur's Slash Dash you basically do the same thing and dash at one target killing him but then quickly dash back to the spot you started from to avoid detection. For Loki's Decoy he creates a copy of the enemy which becons him to his location giving you a better position for a kill, etc.

And the one thing that kills stealth missions for me is that i get spotted by people i didnt know where there, they are far off walking somewhere but since they are coming in the direction i am sneaking by i get spotted. So i suggest while on stealth mode you get 3 little camera/detection devices that you can shoot off and stick to a wall and show enemies walking by them in your radar. So you have to be smart on where to place them to give yourself the best chance. They are limited so you have to pick them back up as you move forward and if detected the enemies might detect them and destroy them.

I know there is a enemy detection mod but until if you dont get it then you gonna hava bad day sneaking. And maybe with the cameras you can get rid of that mod and add a new one or modifiy that mod to tell you the level of the thread? So for the heavy Grineers they are displayed with bigger dots or something like that.

It would make the game way too easy. Maybe you have to buy that mod for platinum or find it as a rare drop?

This is an EXCELENT idea and i think it needs to be implemented asap... Loki and Ash would be awesome in this kind of gameplay.. For example..

You become detected but deploy a decoy within 5 seconds, w/o attacking the patrol. Once the patrol destroy the decoy they would be on "high alert" but not "we found the enemy" patrol... So they would search for enemies but after like 30 seconds of high alert mode they give up and go back to the slow patrol they started at.

I agree that this would give a purpose to daggers also. As of right now they are kind of useless. But if they gave us the option for a charged "stealth" attack to kill enemies from behind, this would do a LOT of damage pretty much KOing all but the heavy/boss mobs. Also it would open the window for a double dagger weapon also.. which would deal even more damage to enemies faster.

The way I see the dagger charge is, you go right up behind the enemy, start the charge.. Your character grabs the enemy, covers his mouth, then kills him with 1 or 2 strikes either to the throat or back. But basically the "charge" is the attack.. and having a double dagger weapons simply makes the "charge" attack go faster lowering the chance of being seen.

i like an earlier post where you walk in/on pipes and vents. simular to the locker room under the stairs and simular to the hole in the ceiling of that closet. i think they should be alterative roots to larger room that u HAVE to cross through to get to the next vent or the main obj. these ruites should also become closed once you are spoted or until the alarm is disarmed (if implemented)

what if stealth could be held to each player seperatly? Like say if I get seen because i charge in why should my friend be detected who is sitting back ready to jump in on a unsuspection enemy? I think it could add some cool strategic co op gameplay to the game that would be fun and exciting! you could then pull enemys into ambushes!

I like the ideas

As far as stealth being seperate, I disagree partialy - if one player is spotted the room goes on alet, but are not aware that there are other tenno but should be slightly more warry of others but not on alert either for others - so that it gives you more insentive to teamwork based stealth.

the Idea of different routs to go, in order to bypass some rooms or for the case of stealth would be great - to the point that they are not too easy to find - maybe if they were randomly spawned at start or something of that nature.

Cover mechanic will never happen, the devs said so themselves :) Also the stealth should be just as fast as everything else in this game. So no MGS, more tenchu. Devs don't need info about what alerts and what dont, they need pure ideas which work for the game in a way it doesn't make it feel like something else. Eg: MGS.

I like the stealth take down idea -

if you can get behind your enemy without being detected a ninja insta kill would be great even for high armored targets

the tenno art probably allows them to cut through anything if given the opertunity

- maybe it should be a speical skill that differse between warframes - such as trinity might be able to stealth kil and send the collected health of the enemy to alleis

just a though -

Edited by tactical_surgeon

I agree with the majority of the changes, I do however want to stress that it would suck if stealth was rewarded to substantially. I'm all for bonus xp for stealth kills, however, this could quickly feel forced if it shows as the most prominent way to gain xp.

Edit 1: Fix Font

Edit 2: Idea

I also had a thought on more mods that orbit around the idea of stealth gameplay. (eg. quieter boots, silencers, move faster while crouched etc). I do however feel that the other gameplay types would have to also be appeased to offset the feeling of one method being unbalanced and feel as mentioned above, feeling forced to play in order to be most effective. Maybe to achieve this, you would need to add negative effects (much like the helmet equipment for different warframes); boost one gameplay mechanic while nerfing the other. Perhaps this can be in the form of both optional armor options you can buy, and mods. Allowing for the build of hybrid like Warframes.

I'm sure you guys have a plate that is overflowing with stuff, but I do feel if you smooth out the stealth mechanics, it would add a substantial production value to the game. I'm sure you know best however, so I look forward to the future.

Edited by TheShorterBus

I would like to see a mod that silences your weapon.

not a mod. silenced weapons.

less damage, higher rate of fire, 100%crit chance by back shooting or headshot.

that being said, I have this idea:

what i'd LOVE to see, is some grab stealth kills, u know,the two parts of the enemy u cut go flying away, where anyone can see them (not really a problem there) just want a more STEALTHY way to stealthy kill enemies than a simple slash.

i'd like to grab and kill moves. those moves being special and fancy, should cost a but of energy, like 10-15 energy or so.

here are some of the moves (I did my best to xplain them):

Swords: neck grab and stab in the back.

Daggers: neck grab and stab in the neck area

BO/ Fragor: neck braking move, like in hitman.

Furax: a back breaking punch after a neck grab.

dual skana, back stab (long one)/ neck stab (short one)

dual zoren: stick one axe blade in the back, and the other in the head. (brutal)

Scindo: stick the axe's blade into enemy's head (also brutal).

obviously this moves wouldnt be able to do on alerted enemies, or some other special enemies, like moas or grinders. They would work on grineer heavy units and ancients.

i'd like to know what u guys think bout this.

:D

Edited by lonelydrone

I think each warframe should have a "stealth" rating that corrisponds to their role. This rating would dictate the level of difficulty to perform stealth skills and limit what the warframe can perform. So a warframe with a stealth rating of 1 makes more noise and is more prone to alerting enemies making it harder to backstab while a frame with a rating of 2 has an easier time sneaking around and is less likely to be noticed.

Weapons should also have a noise stat which dictates how far away an enemy needs to be before they detect the player using the weapon.

not a mod. silenced weapons.

less damage, higher rate of fire, 100%crit chance by back shooting or headshot.

that being said, I have this idea:

what i'd LOVE to see, is some grab stealth kills, u know,the two parts of the enemy u cut go flying away, where anyone can see them (not really a problem there) just want a more STEALTHY way to stealthy kill enemies than a simple slash.

i'd like to grab and kill moves. those moves being special and fancy, should cost a but of energy, like 10-15 energy or so.

here are some of the moves (I did my best to xplain them):

Swords: neck grab and stab in the back.

Daggers: neck grab and stab in the neck area

BO/ Fragor: neck braking move, like in hitman.

Furax: a back breaking punch after a neck grab.

dual skana, back stab (long one)/ neck stab (short one)

dual zoren: stick one axe blade in the back, and the other in the head. (brutal)

Scindo: stick the axe's blade into enemy's head (also brutal).

obviously this moves wouldnt be able to do on alerted enemies, or some other special enemies, like moas or grinders. They would work on grineer heavy units and ancients.

i'd like to know what u guys think bout this.

:D

Melee weapons should have a slot for Stealth, where you attach stealth mods. As in you could equip Scindo for head on fights & Skana for stealth takedowns. Also weapons SHOULD have a mods for stealth, this would also give some modification to each warframe. Eg. if you have Ash you can commit to stealth mods and excalibur for something a bit more head-on.

At least i think so.

i agree there should be mods for silencing your pistles (rifles/shotguns is a bit extream) but how would you diferenteate between a lvl 1 silence mod from a lvl 30 one.

maybe they should make only secondary weapons silencable so you have to choise weather you want you better firepower or a stealth kill Another note I'd like to add to it is maybe as you use a silencer on a gun, it too gains ex if its used - so not only dose the gun get xp for silent kills but so dose the silener attachment to keep them not as good to begin with and with use they get better.