The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Was Told I Didn't Know How To Play Nova Because I Didn't Spam M Prime

SurrealEdge

I was called a noob for bringing a Loki and playing around with my teammates using switch teleport

Lo'and behold, G3 spawns and I turn invisible and flee. I watched as they downed 2 of the 3 but alas, they were all caught by the third one.

I waited for them to all get kicked out of the game. I took down the last G3 member with my Boltor Prime (I was a Loki, what did you expect?)

They'll never get that piece of Brakk =.=

I'm sorry that was evil of me...

If you're trolling your teammates with switch teleport, you should expect to take some guff.  And then let them die while not helping with G3?  Evil indeed.

Why do you care wether we care?

if you don't care about this thread, don't post in this thread..

let us share our experiences in this game

You completely missed the point and immediately went into butthurt mode, oh dear. If you are offended by the tiniest nuisances maybe stick to single player and also stay away from the forums.  

Edited by Hatzeputt

You completely missed the point and immediately went into butthurt mode, oh dear. If you are offended by the tiniest nuisances maybe stick to single player and also stay away from the forums.  

I did not miss the point,

you are the one butthurt over a thread you could've just as easily ignored

^Yeah cause of our farming methods which have evolved through the updates people esp new guys tend to get the wrong impressions on how frames are supposed to work perfect example right here speed novas are mean for infested defenses and exploiting and speeding up either xp or credit farms in seimeni or sechura because of this the new guys now tend to believe negative power speed novas are better than slowvas in end game t4 def it still amuses me till this day

I try not to farm so I have a particular distaste of speed novas. When I do farm I want it to be enjoyable so I try to treat it like the game it is.

Your pretty much right though. Speed nova is a grinding tool for relatively easy content and not suitable for anything else. Theres a few exceptions of course. Me and a team found a use for speed nova plus frost with snowloble in mutalist survival so we could group enemies together fast and wreck them in a group.

It was all preplanned though.

If you're trolling your teammates with switch teleport, you should expect to take some guff.  And then let them die while not helping with G3?  Evil indeed.

Ever trolled your ally by switch teleporting / riplining them off the end?

I don't think so.. it got patched, but it was fun as hell!

I was given a complete run down on an excalibur build and blocked because i said my radial javelin costs 95 energy when the person strongly believed it should be 65 or less. Also i was told to get Overextended even tho i was hitting clearly far in on the map. Point being the people are ridiculously stupid in this game. Just let em talk. theyll release a whopping no one cares.

At MR13 I was called a n00b for bringing a Mag into a T4 Defense and asked if I even knew how to play Warframe.  At the end of mission screen, where it showed me having 7 kills from top score and %50 of the revives, I used voice chat; "Now remember kids, Mag is useless."

Ohhhhh snap!

Dem children got burned 

Got called a complete n00b by a MR7 player who said that Mesa isn't meant to be out spreading peace and freedom (Peacemaker) and should be more focused around throwing her buff and just sucking in damage for a damage boost.

I mean like, what the hell? An MR7 telling someone who is twice his rank how to play with a Warframe that he really loves to play with? If I want to combine Shatter Shield with Peacemaker I will and I'm not going to let a newbie dictate how I play.

Newbies these days...

Edited by -Stealer-L1F3

...By a Mirage that face tanked everything and needing a revive every 5 minutes.

What else have you all run into during these random run ins?

I was called a newb for only having an Excalibur whom has 300/300 health/shields in a T3 survival. (Non RJ build. I no rep farm.) 

I had the most: Kills, accuracy, headshots, melee kills, and revives. I had to waypoint everything too, because they wouldn't stay close. Didn't die until 47 minutes, and no one could revive me because everyone else kept running away from me like I was going to Radial Javelin them in the face... Which I damn well wanted to. 

Got called a complete noob by a MR7 player who said that Mesa isn't meant to be out spreading peace and freedom (Peacemaker) and should be more focused around throwing her buff and just sucking in damage for a damage boost.

I mean like, what the hell? An MR7 telling someone who is twice his rank how to play with a Warframe that he really loves to play with?

Newbies these days...

I had to tell a Mastery Rank 16, which I'm only 14, that he has no idea what the hell he's doing when he was using an Excalibur. His four downs vs my zero with nearly twice his kills said I was right. MR only means you used a myriad of equipment, it does NOT mean that you're good with it. A low MR with twice your hours, affinity, and use time of a single frame most likely knows what they're doing. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

During a Draco rep farm a rank 18 called me childish because I didn't spam Roar for 1 second and because I should stay on point and never move. Then they went to uncap A and got 1 shot by a ballstica and then that ballistica one shot everybody else but me. So I revived everyone else but him/her.

>_>*

You did good OP. AD is better the m prime in a lot of situations anyway. Point being, you should play how you want. As long as you're helping then its all good.

I've been abused for running saryn (Melee oriented build not miasma spam) and banshee (sonar build) in T4. As saryn I drop molt to keep myself alive while wrecking with venom (melee can pop spores) and my crit channeling build ichors. 40mins in and the facetanking rhino host can't even keep himself alive when the rest of the team is drawing aggro.

I tend to get a lot of abuse mostly with banshee. A lot of players have no idea that sonar is what stops your guns firing nerf darts in long endless missions. They just think banshee is terrible despite not knowing how to play her. Normally end up with the least amount to downs and the most kills with banshee as well.

Unless its planned before hand, speed nova is cancer. I've had people bring speed nova to T4D runs and insist that "speeding up the waves"was helping despite the fact they couldn't even keep them self alive.

Hehe, on PS4 Nova's almost always ask if they should go speed or slow

At MR13 I was called a n00b for bringing a Mag into a T4 Defense and asked if I even knew how to play Warframe.  At the end of mission screen, where it showed me having 7 kills from top score and %50 of the revives, I used voice chat; "Now remember kids, Mag is useless."

+1 new players forget that mag has always been great from the get go in the Void

Well I mean that is really the only reason I'd actually take a Nova into anything.

So...yeah...learn 2 play or something.

*shrugs*

Really? because M.prime isn't even that great. Don't get me wrong its extremely useful. But spamming it an neglecting AD is silly in most situations. Everyones entitled to their playstyle and if that includes not spamming M.prime fine by me. As long as they are helping and using abilities as needed.

I mean if thats the only reason you would bring nova I think it might actually be you that needs to "learn 2 play".