Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lore Speculation: Lower Guardians

arch111

I'm more interested in how seemingly Stalker was the only Low Guardian (that we know of) to escape the massacre. Surely if he could do it, then his fellow Low Guardians could as well?

It'd be nice if he got a partner or two. He's too weak and easy to defeat as a single entity.

Edited by Tymerc

The Stalker was NOT the only Guardian to escape. The Stalker opens his Codex entry by saying, "Some have walked these desolate worlds while you slept. Some like me". There are others who have lived for these hundreds of years. It'd be cool to see other Stalker versions of Tenno, and if they periodically hunt Tenno of all levels.

I'm more interested in how seemingly Stalker was the only Low Guardian (that we know of) to escape the massacre. Surely if he could do it, then his fellow Low Guardians could as well?

It'd be nice if he got a partner or two. He's too weak and easy to defeat as a single entity.

im actively working on a partner for the stalker,but as a warframe concept giving her somewhat less rabid nature

the concept is built off of the fourth power being assymetric with the rest,which will be explained by a fanfic im writing atm (soon to be published)

Edited by GunDownGrace

im actively working on a partner for the stalker,but as a warframe concept giving her somewhat less rabid nature

the concept is built off of the fourth power being assymetric with the rest,which will be explained by a fanfic im writing atm (soon to be published)

Interesting. Is it allso based on another frame, or a unique one?

I think DE Will give Stalker a new warframe at some point though, it is not very high prioritized thats all.

Besides I don't know why, but I have a feeling they will change the Stalker Lore. Its just a feeling.

Interesting. Is it allso based on another frame, or a unique one?

I think DE Will give Stalker a new warframe at some point though, it is not very high prioritized thats all.

Besides I don't know why, but I have a feeling they will change the Stalker Lore. Its just a feeling.

I doubt it. The other lore that they have released fits with the Stalker's lore, and his lore is a change from the way he was interpreted before his lore. Before his lore was released, everybody thought he was an evil Tenno. I hope they will change his design to fit with his lore.

What about Nekros alt helmet? Are there any known connections or did DE just make a very similar design?

Shraud.png

It's not that similar.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

For me it is. When it first came out I kept meeting players wearing it in black and red. I misstook them for Stalker every time :)

As for Stalker Lore, I dont mean scrap whats there, the entirety of the Tenno past is resting on it.

No, I mean expand and build in ways that changes how we see him.

Well id love too believe this but theirs one major flaw in the plot. If we are breaking the rules why dose the Stalker just want us dead rather then tell us were doing something wrong and like any instructor warn the Tenno before killing them outright. Why dose he just want us dead, and why do I keep thinking its more "revenge what you did" rather then a punisher.

I think he's got a vendetta of his own but why he looks like Excalibur that ill agree with, I like this theory even if it dose have some missing gaps.

Ya I know. The Tenno rose up, ended the Empire in what can only have been a horrific civil war.

Stalker said "Told you so." and wanted payback. I have 0 things to backup my theory, but it is in my nature to want there to be more than meets the eye.

I wish Stalker was more than just a gimmick game mechanic.

Ya I know. The Tenno rose up, ended the Empire in what can only have been a horrific civil war.

Stalker said "Told you so." and wanted payback. I have 0 things to backup my theory, but it is in my nature to want there to be more than meets the eye.

See, this is why I hold to that datamined text. Because, while it was never put into the game, it's kind of the blueprint, the dev thought process for why the Tenno do what they do, and the Lotus' role in that. It was never put into the game, but it shows the direction DE was or is going in. In that text, the Lotus says that the Tenno are to sleep "to wash away the pain of what has transpired". That shows that it was painful for the Tenno. Now, does that refer to the war, or does it refer to the betrayal of the Orokin? Not sure, but everything else in that is about the Orokin, called tyrants. The Lotus says that when the Tenno awake, it will be because the system is again out of balance. So that's why the Tenno exist at this point. So I would also say that a civil war had to occur, especially for the Tenno to dismantle everything that held the Empire together. As for the Stalker and those like him (I certainly take this to mean the other Guardians), I would say they are simply loyal to the Orokin and want revenge for that.

Think of it like this: the stalker was crazy loyal to the Orokin. He fought in their war, dealt with their scary Tenno soldiers, possibly even lost loved ones and almost died. He gave everything to them, and then the Tenno came and took it all away. He has nothing now, so he might as well try and kill the ones who ruined his life. If he dies, so what? It's not like he's got anything to lose.

Think of it like this: the stalker was crazy loyal to the Orokin. He fought in their war, dealt with their scary Tenno soldiers, possibly even lost loved ones and almost died. He gave everything to them, and then the Tenno came and took it all away. He has nothing now, so he might as well try and kill the ones who ruined his life. If he dies, so what? It's not like he's got anything to lose.

And that is precisely the sort of mentality that would throw themselves into the void in order to gain enough power to "punish" the Tenno. Hence powers-without-being-tenno.

So ... the Stalker really is Warframes unsung hero.

How is fighting for sadistic, powering hungry tyrants, heroic? No less than two codex entries paint the Orokin and villains. Stalker is a best misguided.

Of course some codex entries are from character perspectives, and that leaves the accounts to the unreliable narrator problem.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

How is fighting for sadistic, powering hungry tyrants, heroic? No less than two codex entries paint the Orokin and villains. Stalker is a best misguided.

Of course some codex entries are from character perspectives, and that leaves the accounts to the unreliable narrator problem.

There are too few sources of lore in the game. Making one entry out to be false basically amounts to not having that codex entry at all. I think Stalker is telling the truth.

From the Guardians point of view, the monsters got out, killed their creators and destroyed everything including destabalising the Origin System for years to come.

In any saga of epic proportions, this makes the stalker the little guy, figthing the mastermind Lotus and her army of twisted demons against all odds.

I still like to think the Guardians were of some importance. If they were little more than cops, It's a stretch that they basically made themselves into tenno all by themselves.

Its allso a little silly.

I want my stalkers to be badass because they were good, just not twisted freaks in battlearmor like the Tenno.

If warframes had been a thing for so long, is it strange that the palace guards, the Emperors themselves allso wore suits of the same tech?

I think it stranger still if they did not.

Just because they aren't Tenno doesn't mean they are mall cops. Probably like Special Forces versus MPs, maybe. Might have even been like Special Forces versus Rangers.

Also they may well be using technology that would be awesome against Humans and Tenno but had been useless against the Sentients.

See, I still say Tenno are human. Void-twisted, Technocyte-infected humans, but still human.

I agree, save for the technocyte part, IMHO it's suit material only.

My point is that Tenno come with void powers and Warframes, hence they are worth putting in their own category as far as 'troop type' is concerned.

As a made up example: Imagine the Orokin had disintegrators, no damage, just complete mollecular breakdown of the target, instant kill, shields don't stop the effect. That would be hellishly nasty against Tenno or humans, but perhaps useless against Sentients, hence not in our inventory.

There is all sorts of tech that the Tenno only use because they were kitted out to fight the Sentients. Non-Tenno Orokin troops could have been using almost anything.

Edited by SilentMobius