Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Melee Is Impossible

Valafor

Ok, I know that this is just a game it's all fun and stuff, but in reality Zero-G =/= Tenno can lift anything. Take Veritux for example and it's text.

Weightless space turns this impossibly massive sword into an agile instrument of destruction.

Now, I am no Physicist, but I do know at least the basics. Remember, weight =/= mass. While true, the sword is now as close to weightlessness as possible, it still has mass, which means it has inertia. Therefore, this "impossibly massive sword" would still be impossibly massive in space or not. 

Ok, but what is inertia? For our intents and purposes, we can just go very barebones and simply define inertia as an object's resistance to movement. For instance, when I am zooming by in an Archwing Corpus ship, why is it that when I bump into the ship, it doesn't go off flying like if I were to bump into a space pebble or something? Inertia. The entire Corpus ship has so much more mass that it cannot be noticeably changed by the force of a Tenno bumping into a wall. 

With that in mind, if a Tenno cannot swing the Veritux with Earth's/Artifical gravity, there is absolutely no way he would be able to accomplish this feat in a zero-G environment.

On the bright side though, nobody can hear you scream in space, so rage about how unwieldy your melee weapon is all you want.