Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Kinda Miss The Old Hydroid Grindwall

AkerTheSpjot

As strange as it sounds, I actually miss it

It was absurd, true, but I like the idea of a secret hidden boss that needs some sort of key to locate and made accessible, the problems were prosecutors that are based off RNG, the drops also being RNG,...could have been better I would say. The new MR lock is meh, but still, should ease up the grind a lot. Hope the extra beacons will be worth something

Just getting it off my chest.

P.S this is not a thread suggesting we should get the old Beacons - Hek back, simply a confession

Edited by The_Vile_Blade

wait you telling me that that bullS#&$ key thing will stay after i build it or something? I can actually play the mission after i find HEk all the times i want and finally get Hydroid? WHY WOULD YOU WANT THAT OLD BUL*** GRINDWALL BACK!

If anything DE should stop doing this grindwall filled "Secret bosses" and make it more an actual discovery rather than a stupid grindwall

wait you telling me that that bullS#&$ key thing will stay after i build it or something? I can actually play the mission after i find HEk all the times i want and finally get Hydroid? WHY WOULD YOU WANT THAT OLD BUL*** GRINDWALL BACK!

If anything DE should stop doing this grindwall filled "Secret bosses" and make it more an actual discovery rather than a stupid grindwall

Nah, his assassination mission is available for all those that are MR 5+, it's still on Earth, too

DE said his keys will be used for other purposes in the future though

Edited by The_Vile_Blade

I don't dislike grind walls.

It's a simple business trick to encourage people to spend money on Platinum if they are too impatient.

The game's survival apparently means nothing to people, though.

Trading has spoiled this community to sickening levels. I'm glad not everyone has fallen so low.

Actually, at first I was 'Ugh, grind' but I eventually started to greatly enjoy getting the beacons. It was fun as it encouraged teamwork and there was an interesting challenge but that was the only fun; when we had to actually fight as a team and well.

It was good fun when our team lost our footing to one resistant enemy and we eventually got overrun, having to pull back whilst enemies kept spawning.

I don't miss it, i got it before the update, but i'm happy people will get it more easily.

Good for them I guess, never will they know the pain of farming Hydroid pre- 15.13

Actually, at first I was 'Ugh, grind' but I eventually started to greatly enjoy getting the beacons. It was fun as it encouraged teamwork and there was an interesting challenge but that was the only fun; when we had to actually fight as a team and well.

It was good fun when our team lost our footing to one resistant enemy and we eventually got overrun, having to pull back whilst enemies kept spawning.

Glad you had fun, mate

Yeah, I also missed my old cat, you know, the one that would claw my skin to ribbons.

It's true, isn't it

You are the only one.

Good to know

I didn't mind it being keyed, but I did not like the drop rate ratios.  Got so many useless beacons laying around.  Adjusting the drop rate ratios so that they match the key requirements would have been a good enough change for me.  But I've got no problems with it being key free either.

Never minded the grind for Hydroid and I was even helping a friend not getting the frame myself, maybe that's also because the first three missions we did we got a new piece for Hydroid every time. That did help still I enjoyed the search in some ways and not so others, hopefully this way just isn't too easy.