Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Audio - Say No To Real Weapon Audio

0Pinger

I knew it was coming after the sound team went to a weapon farm to record last year.  But now the uniqueness of our weapons is gone, this isn't CoD/BF/CS.  All I hear are silenced M16's firing when ever I fight grineer.  Which in turn do not give positional sounds at range as you can't hear them, I am being fired at but have not a clue to where its coming from with my 5.1 headphones

Not liking the changes so far for weapons at least.

I was sad when I logged in and the sound of my Soma Prime was 'nerfed', if you can call it that. Not sure if it is just because I got used to the old sounds, or if indeed I really don't like the new ones, but something just doesn't feel right.

Update Edit:  The new Soma Prime sound has grown unto me and I actually like it. It does make sense that it being an Orokin / Prime weapon it would be more quiet / subtle / efficient. Besides, it also doesn't hurt my ears and speakers as much. Gotta be able to put your own judgement against the test of time :)

Edited by JujuHex

The new Grakata sound is awful when you are firing it, and beyond awful when anyone else uses it.

It used to sound like the bullet hose it is, with a nice powerful sound to it. But now it sounds more like someone spitting on you. And from more than about ten feet away, it may as well not even make any sound at all. The new bullet ricochet sounds sound more threatening than the new Grakata firing sound.

Most other weapons that got new sounds sound much better, like the karak, but the Grakata is so much worse than it used to be.

Some weapons do sound a bit... lackluster now. Grineer fights are one of those where I just don't feel like I'm being fired on by super-high fire rate SMG's, dozens of enemies throwing bullets at me. The impact sounds into my shields are louder then those guns.