Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt's Overload Needs A Buff

sappinmahsentry

What's the buff it needs? It needs a 50% faster cast time and needs to have an instant effect along with more stuns.

No, I think the cast time is fine.

I think it just needs to be affected by duration and the electronics he used need to be able to come back on after SOME time. Being permenantly broke isn't good.

Volt's pose as he does it shows the buff it needs.

Volt extends for his palms, and blood doth drippeth from them.

"Drinketh of the electricity, my sons" he says.

The grineer all weep and begin to bow.

Chanting and singing fills the room.

"Eateth of these bullets, my children." says Volt. "For they are my body, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen."

Then Volt ascends loudly through the ceiling and rises into the sky disappearing in the sunlight.

All the dead Grineer are found spelling out the word "skoom" with their battered corpses.

Each bears a blissful dead smile.

Faster cast time? Natural talent is the answer. Don't quote me on that, though (haven't played Volt seriously for a long, long time.) Last time I took him seriously, I remember wrecking the Corpus even on the higher level planets thanks to the breaking of light bulbs. Point is, Overload is good for what it does, which is killing Corpus on their tilesets. It's kinda like Ember is to Infested as Volt is to Corpus. Mag is better at destroying Corpus, though, but Volt has more utilities. Pick and choose your frames to maximize your performance for different situations. I personally think he is one of the more perfectly balanced Warframes in the game.

"Eateth of these bullets, my children." says Volt. "For they are my body, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen."

Then Volt ascends loudly through the ceiling and rises into the sky disappearing in the sunlight.

All the dead Grineer are found spelling out the word "skoom" with their battered corpses.

What the actual F***

I noticed that the wave of electrical damage travels way, way too slowly as of late and I'm not sure why. It could cover whole rooms in less than a second before, but now it takes like four seconds to travel the length of Volt himself lying down. :\

What's with that?

I agree, it needs a total rehaul, a total new mechanic, the problem is, knowing their rehauling method, we won't have it (I'm not complaining, just aknowledging).

So essentially what we will see is just a buff to its damage, stun duration and casting time.

Shock is going to be faster, more versatile, more reusable, more efficent in both damage and stun anyway.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

+1 for creativity and giving me a good laugh at work.  Back on topic I think Overload isn't bad in its current state.  Cast time seems ok but of course to me bad cast time is Shadows of the Dead.  Only thing I would change about Overload is a way for the electronics to reactivate after a certain amount of time so it's not such a situational ability.

Allow electronics to recharge after a delay and buff the initial wave's damage.  Give Volt an augment for Shock that collects enemies for boosted Overload damage.  Either way, Overload is much better balance-wise than most of the 4 abilities in the game.  Its mix of CC, damage, and potentially boosted damage (via clumping, and sort of via electronics) is what 4s should be more like.

Edited by RealPandemonium

i agree with faster cast time and instant effect, for stun is enough as long the overload always deal dps same as when electronic around. that way volt can become anti nullifier. i tried volt overload on nullifier when electronic around, 3 nullifier bubbles are popped really fast, that way people will love to have volt on their team more in t4survival/defense. maybe instant effect can be achieved like excalibur radial javelin, rather than emitting electricity from his body, why not summon electricity like thunder strike. or summon drones like itzal around enemies then strike them with electricity. 

• 3 weeks later...