Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worst Ideas/suggestions/etc. You've Ever Read On Forums?

Valafor

None of us want to admit it, but there are some times where we read a suggestion or idea that is just so blatantly awful you truly feel a part of you dying inside. Now I know one man's trash is another man's treasure, but sometimes their treasure is really a piece of crap, no matter what angle you look at it. So tell me what is the most dreadful thing that you've ever read on these forums?

Rules

1. No naming and shaming or linking. Just briefly summarize it.

2. Preferably not a topic that is still receiving attention. Locked/dead topics are preferred.

3. Don't target off-topic topics. Most are not serious or related to the majority of the forums for a reason (This topic is the exception, if this is dumbest thing you've read, fire away).

I'll start. I remember during the whole Ebola fear, someone suggested that DE should do an Ebola event. Because clearly, there is nothing wrong with making fun of an ongoing and serious world issue.

Edited by Valafor

First Person Mode.

It's brought up over and over and over again, but anyone with just a little knowledge of game developing knows it would be a terrible idea (and execution).

Oh, also Excalibur Prime returning.

Edited by Shifted

There was a guy who wanted to remove Platinum Trading,

Someone wanted to remove Energy orbs

Kubrows in spacesuits (funny but no)

and my favorite

a guy wanted to change Rhino's Iron Skin:

remove selfbuff

buff all other teammates

45% of dmg to teammates goes to Rhino

basicly

Rhino loses his own survivability, and takes 235% damage (3x45+ his own damage)

Debug key button for when ur stuck or fall of map.

Vote kick system, good thing DE implemented the afk system.

Buff on iron skin, lol xD

And the classic and most annoying reply ever: "play with your friends or ppl you know" which is similar to "you don't like that, ignore it"

Edited by 7grims

1) They wanted to name it "Silva & Aegis" 

2) They wanted developers names attached to ideas that went live so we could focus our hatred (clearly a sith) 

3) They wanted Excalibur Prime, but only I can have the precious
4) They thought that Trinity God-Mode was fine, and it wasn't even affecting me so what do I care? 

5) They thought Stamina should exist

6) They thought invisibility was akin to god-mode

7) They thought we should be able to unlock mod-slots through forma

8) They thought we should do a something with the drop tables. 
9) They thought we SHOULDN'T do something with the drop tables. 

10) They wanted to nerf Nova. Not the first time, after that. 

11) They wanted to change Excalibur. 

12) They changed Excalibur. 

13) They wanted a refund for some stupid crap they were clearly being dramatic about

14) They wanted an account reset

15) They wanted an imaginary Beta tag imaginarily removed. 

16) I hate all of you. 

why might I ask, would Typhus be a bad idea?

please enlighten us

That was more of a joke than anything, but if you must know my opinion, I feel that RedSkittlez has fleshed out his idea too much for DE to modify it to better fit their creative vision for Warframe while still keeping the fans of the idea happy. Simply put, Typhus is to detailed for DE to keep the fans happy. I feel the same about Dragon (the concept, not the theme for the next warframe)

Isnt that typhus getting as annoying as the hundreds of players who submitted their own original idea of making a time based frame, and calling it cronus?

last I checked.. only one concept for a typhus-ish frame existed or at the very least was popular..

you can't compare it to a "time-based" frame hundreds of people thought of

How exactly is that a bad idea?

Did you own a pc around the 90's and early 2000's ?

It was always a good thing to restart your pc, when he got stuck and was bugging out.

You know what is so much better then doing that? Having the pc and programs work properly so they don't need idiotic degug buttons.

You are forwardly saying it's ok to have bugs, and its ok for the devs not to fix them, as long as you have your little button to debug the bug.

What will append when the debug button bugs? Will you want a debug button for debugging your debug button?

Edited by 7grims

Did you own a pc around the 90's and early 2000's ?

It was always a good thing to restart your pc, when he got stuck and was bugging out.

You know what is so much better then doing that? Having the pc and programs work properly so they don't need idiotic degug buttons.

You are forwardly saying it ok to have bugs, and its ok for the devs not to fix them, as long as you have your little button to debug the bug.

What will append when the debug button bugs? Will you want a debug button for debugging you debugging button?

You know that most games have it programmed so that unstuck buttons/commands give the location to the developers, so why can't Warframe do that?

That was more of a joke than anything, but if you must know my opinion, I feel that RedSkittlez has fleshed out his idea too much for DE to modify it to better fit their creative vision for Warframe while still keeping the fans of the idea happy. Simply put, Typhus is to detailed for DE to keep the fans happy. I feel the same about Dragon (the concept, not the theme for the next warframe)

While I want to avoid being a fanboy over this, I will try to defend both Typhus and Dragon without sounding like a 5 year old.

Typhus - RedSkittlez said himself.. that he works on Typhus because he wants to, he likes to, he doesn't care if Typhus gets in the game, it would be a bonus, but he wouldn't care either way.

Typhus' design is amazing, detailed yes, but amazing. but... look at zephyr.. DE flipped that guy upside down and threw out a girl.

Noone said DE would 100% copy-paste Typhus from the forums.

Dragon 2.0 - I don't actually think Endrian has updated his Dragon concept in a very long time, he occasionally posts something, but the concept hasn't actually changed in a while...  it has basicly been kept alive by people begging the almighty gods for him to be implemented. (and I'm not even sure wether that's going to happen XD )

and to top it off, While I would love it if DE drew inspiration from Endrians art-design, the skills will be nothing alike.

(and if I recall correctly, DE never said anything about the new frame being based on a fan-concept.. just a fan-request... people kept asking for a Dragon, and that is what DE will do, >A< Dragon, not a specific concept, but you already knew that so I'll leave this here for others to read)

Edit:

just want to add...

I am hyped... hyped out of my mind for Dragon, and Typhus if he will ever be implemented... but... despite my over-hype,

I have managed to keep my expectations to a minimum, I know Dragon will not be like Endrians concept.. I know Typhus will not be like Skittlez' concept...

All I am saying is, that both Typhus and Dragon 2.0 have received alot of negative opinions and hate, not because of the concepts themselves... but because of the fanbase that comes with it... (the outspoken minorities)

Edited by BaIthazar