Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Taxis Are Getting Out Of Hand.

cyrus106

Don't get me wrong I respect players that taxi new players to alerts in say....pluto. But when I saw someone asking for a taxi to the orokin reactor in MERCURY I kind've facepalmed. "Is he a new player?" you ask? No, the guy was MR 10, there's really no excuse at that point. It's bad enough I see people asking for taxis to EARTH alerts, considering it's the new starting area. What is everybody else's thoughts on taxis getting a bit out of hand? I just feel like players should actually unlock nodes. I don't think anybody realizes nodes give you mastery, they aren't ENTIRELY a waste of time.

In their defense, however, unlocking nodes is extremely boring, so perhaps we could find a middleground for this issue. Thoughts?

Edit: I am not bashing taxi services themselves, I just feel this is getting a bit out of hand and perhaps there should be more incentive to play the starmap

Edited by cyrus106

That is quite sad I'll admit....wait, there's a reactor alert right now?

EDIT: Darn, there is. At work. Luckily I have like 6 reactors muhahahaha!

EDIT 2:  I actually found unlocking Nodes fun during Closed Beta...and there was far less variety then (tilesets).

Edited by Lanieu

Im mr8 and though I have most of the planets unlocked, I only have 2 planets (Earth and Saturn for extractor) fully cleared. Its so bloody hard to force myself to play the same game mode on god awful lvl designs. Maybe DE should learn from this and do something to improve it. Its not fun at all. Which is why majority of the planet missions are locked for me. It is a pain for getting alerts, but its not enough to force myself to drag thru the planets.

Previously Ive seen people charge plat for taxi.

Tbf I don't have the new Mercury nodes unlocked because there's an interception blocking the way and I don't like Interception. Maybe others are the same. Or maybe they never knew there are new nodes on Mercury and they can't have them unlocked in time before the alert is over.

Tbf I don't have the new Mercury nodes unlocked because there's an interception blocking the way and I don't like Interception. Maybe others are the same. Or maybe they never knew there are new nodes on Mercury and they can't have them unlocked in time before the alert is over.

Can't unlock Nodes on Mercury in an hour? That's cute. Either way, it mostly means that the person asking for a Taxi is probably someone's friend. By someone I mean a person who has played the game for 92315812958 hours and has everything, so he just powerleveled the guy to Mastery Rank 10 in like a week.

taxi anyone? 

nyc-taxi.jpg

Seriously though If you can't even take the time to open the basic planets and you are a high mastery than there is something wrong in the game design at this point. In closed beta you worked hard to follow through the star chart and open those nodes to make sure you were able to hit up any alert that became available. As I recall you did not see the alerts if you did not have a planet/node open where it was at. Now you see the alerts and it just say you do not have it open, but here we go to chat and taxi away!!

In closed beta you worked hard to follow through the star chart and open those nodes to make sure you were able to hit up any alert that became available. As I recall you did not see the alerts if you did not have a planet/node open where it was at. Now you see the alerts and it just say you do not have it open, but here we go to chat and taxi away!!

^This.

In this particular case. If it were some high MR players then I would probably have the same reaction as you, I mean it's Mercury and the alert lasts for an hour for God's sake. Still, to be fair, should time be of the essence then I would give them a lift

And normally, clearing out planets for leisure can be quite difficult on higher tier levels, a lot nodes are abandoned and in some cases you can't just solo

Edited by The_Vile_Blade

I did almost all my nodes back in Closed Beta - finished the remaining few in Open Beta. Back in CB we had 1 tileset and fewer players so it is easier today. Most nodes will take 7-10 minutes to finish.

If you can't solo when you need to then ask for 'help clearing planet XYZ' in recruiting. I've helped tons of players get cleared in every planet we have. What I won't do is taxi to a non-alert mission (events are an exception).

I still have pieces of planets locked up to me since I really don't enjoy the node type to move on. I dislike rescue, so I don't do them if I can help myself. I don't do Interception (especially solo), Hijack is a no-no for me solo (and even highly unfun with a friend), I don't do excavation on my own.... so yeah. Lack of interest in the node gets one to avoid it and try to find another way to get where they want. My Neptune has much to do, little desire by me to do it.

Though low level stuff, let them work a bit.

I was continuing to cringe at the large majority of players who never actually fully complete notes, ever. Like they literally just skip most things just to bumrush the boss of the system and miss out on missions.

I'm MR18 and jokingly asked for a taxi to the mercury alert earlier and nobody batted an eyelid, that was a normal thing apparently?

If people want to get a taxi and not unlock nodes, why do you care?

For the record I've completed all nodes because that's what I wanted to do.

All the LF taxi to alert messages in chat are burning my eyes right out of the sockets, oh noes.

Edited by SleepingSentry

just wondering, are you are it was a Taxi and not some guy saying " Anyone want a Taxi to the alert"

just yesterday i think, i said just that and someone thought i wanted a Taxi. . . was Confused when the person was question why i needed a Taxi as a mr17 player

I'm MR9 and I need like half of Neptune, Europa, Phobos, and Eris, and Sedna. I don't do missions I can't solo when I do star chart, but I have Loki and Valkyr for soloing so when I'm not doing anything I do it. Recently I went with a clan mate unlocking the trail to each planets boss, so I can at least do that, although I could before. They just took different routes than me.

Honestly doesn't bother me. You stop taxi'ing. You stop me from playing with my mates and that's a big no-no.

I've got all places unlocked. Doesn't bother me.

I agree with the person talking about rewards for clearing a planet.

That should be a thing, at least that would be incentive enough for people to clear a planet. Not even that big of a deal, maybe forma. Fusion Cores.

This isn't entirely the fault of the player. The problem is what IS the real incentive to complete it?