Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Taxis Are Getting Out Of Hand.

cyrus106

Hrm.  I unlocked all the nodes about 3 months into open beta. Progressing through the star chart made it fairly straightforward to follow a logical progression of unlocks.  Under the new chart I sometimes have trouble realizing which of the new nodes I needed to unlock, but they never take very long to unlock.  

Not having Mercury unlocked is weird. 

just wondering, are you are it was a Taxi and not some guy saying " Anyone want a Taxi to the alert"

just yesterday i think, i said just that and someone thought i wanted a Taxi. . . was Confused when the person was question why i needed a Taxi as a mr17 player

100% sure. He said "can I pls have a taxi to the reactor alert" and he was MR 10

The part that irks me is that he's MR10 (according to you) and he didn't finish the mercury missions (which I haven't finished either, I just skipped out on the un-needed parts).

But the taxi "issue" isn't an issue to me. You want a taxi, sure thing, I get to play with someone.

This thread is strange. It used to be with a sense of pride that you could announce that you had fully unlocked the star map. I unlocked it all a long time ago. I'm still only MR 17, I stopped advancing at one point because I just didn't care enough about other weapons besides the Kogake lol! And I've been playing consistently since Jan 2013. Ah well, to each their own! But the trend of not completing all the map....weird.

Even if its a unlock nodes. I still prefer taxi.

coz I know I can't host :p

bad connection.

Sorry if I contribute to the taxi floods

If you have the node unlocked, you can start the mission and the game will automatically put you in a team with an open spot.  In the options screen, set your computer type to 'laptop' and you'll never be the host.  No need to beg for a taxi.

I'd also like to point out that the nodes on mercury are NEW nodes.

They weren't there since the beginning. I've had them unlocked when they were added but I doubt most people of a high rank have done the same.

Regardless. You continue what you're doing and I'll continue what I'm doing.

If people want to take a chance and taxi to a node they haven't unlocked yet, who are you to tell them otherwise?

It's not effecting you. You can still group players and go to that alert without taxi'ing. So why even complain?

If the taxis recruitment bothers you so much just /ignore the people doing it. The problem isn't going away, and the only way it will go away is if you penalize people who have friends that they want to play with. I seriously want to slap anybody who brings that crap up again. No you're not stopping me from playing with friends just because they haven't got the node yet.

Could do that but. Jumping in on the action half way.

Or doing it with 2 or 3 people are no fun.

Tbh I got a lot of void key to..last time check was like 51 t1 exterminate @@..... Coz I have no choice but to taxi to have fun.

Tbh if I can carry people. . Why not

Topics like this make me go out of my way to taxi people for a few days.

It doesn't really matter.  The offense you take at my desire to taxi people and the choices other people make to accept my taxi services does not make taxis a problem.

I think you're missing the point, friend. I am not yelling at people for doing taxi service. I am in disbelief at the lack of attention to the starmap, this is a huge flaw and should be addressed by the developers, I just wanted a discussion about it as well.

Also, you can't really defend somebody playing as long as an MR 10 has and not unlocking a mercury node, you can't tell me that's not silly!

Edited by cyrus106

I think you're missing the point, friend. I am not yelling at people for doing taxi service. I am in disbelief at the lack of attention to the starmap, this is a huge flaw and should be addressed by the developers, I just wanted a discussion about it as well.

Also, you can't really defend somebody playing as long as an MR 10 has and not unlocking a mercury node, you can't tell me that's not silly!

The alert is on a new Mercury node. Most people who run void, sechura or main content wouldn't have even noticed this.

The alert is on a new Mercury node. Most people who run void, sechura or main content wouldn't have even noticed this.

If the node is adjacent to one that has been completed, then it should be unlocked with regards to alerts.  At least, that's how it worked when I was still completing the starchart.

I really enjoyed clearing the planets. I was playing public, but no one ever joined the higher level planets on most nodes, so I just solo'd. There was a lot of failure at first, but worked out for the best - forced me to rework some builds and get better at the game. I do give taxis here and there, but at some point it's time to say no grasshopper, you must fail until you get better. 

Edit: Added:

Clearing the nodes had enough benefits on their own for me to do it, but did get tedious with some of the repetition. I think as the game progresses, there would be more gained from bringing added diversity to each node than from adding more rewards to incentivize what can feel like repetitive game play. Something like changing up each map a little more, changing the type of enemies, etc. Maybe they could each have a small unique piece of lore within them or something like that. Something to make each feel a little more necessary within the solar system. 

Edited by (PS4)Bowjangelz

If the node is adjacent to one that has been completed, then it should be unlocked with regards to alerts.  At least, that's how it worked when I was still completing the starchart.

No. The nodes are along a secluded line away from any other node. The one on the alert you had to complete at least 3-4 other missions along the chain to reach it.

I like this idea a lot. 

Well, one solution is to add a noticable reward for first-timing a node (and maybe another for a full-clear of a planet).

Thinking back to when I went through the star chart, I had to be pretty dang bored to do those myriad missions (luckily I was bored a lot. I think a mix of several different incentives would be great, as opposed to doing one big thing like eliminating taxis en bloc. 

Right now you open up extractors and nightmare missions as well as alert nodes only after slogging through entire map. Having discrete morsels rewarded after each mission would make the whole affair so much more palatable. Extra credits, rare resources, some fixed mod reward, they'd all be awesome and would help with the admittedly difficult progression from one planet to the next for noobies as well. 

You could even do something that specifically targets people without everything unlocked; a special alert that only appears for people that dont have the entire chart unlocked, and which is located on their most distal locked node. A taxi would be impossible and unnecessary and it might motivate. 

On the flip side, DE could make all alerts themselves untaxiable. If you kept the mechanic that nodes in an unlocked planet can still be taxied and unlocked, then people could still get to that alert node, unlock it, then do the alert themselves. Over time, everyone would unlock most nodes. Moreover, the scattered locked nodes in between would be much easier to access and the barrier to finishing the star map would be much lower. 

They should make it like last time, where you can't see alerts if you did not play the nodes that way some players would be more active in clearing the star chart and reducing overall taxing. The method isn't full proof but players who do not know about warframe alerts programmes and what not would be motivated to clear more maps or additionally more traffic would be push to the alerts page. Additionally the lack of perfect information would create an increased perceived value for playing alerts and getting their rare items.

On the flip side, DE could make all alerts themselves untaxiable. If you kept the mechanic that nodes in an unlocked planet can still be taxied and unlocked, then people could still get to that alert node, unlock it, then do the alert themselves. Over time, everyone would unlock most nodes. Moreover, the scattered locked nodes in between would be much easier to access and the barrier to finishing the star map would be much lower. 

The only problem with this idea is that it is going to generate alot of threads against the move since it punishes players who have lives to slog through the otherwise extremely boring missions. As a result people would start blaming the missions being unrewarding and so on and there would be complaints as to why so many rhino primes around now?

Although i would love for such a suggestion to occur, however it is not exempted from backlashes.

It's not silly.

You can't tell me what to do :I  (I kid, I kid.)

Seriously, though, if your goal is a discussion about the star map, then let's make a constructive discussion about the star map.  Starting out with, "Taxis are out of hand," and going on to talk about lazy players not clearing the star map.

Frame the conversation on the constructive element ("How can we make the star chart worth completing?").  I liked the reward for clearing planets bit.

Why are people not clearing the map?  Why would one not clear to map, so they can do any alert without being dependent on a taxi to take you there?  Do people not want the Master Rank bonus that comes from clearing the map as well?

not really, don't care about mastery rank, only need like mastery rank 9 or something anyways to use everything in the game

These are the same people who don't understand the mechanics of this game.  Same people who don't know how to optimize because obviously they do not have the experience.  Same people who just need to uninstall.  Yeah I said it.  New players do not need their hand held with every little situation.