The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alliance Tax On Dark Relay And The Difficult Solution

Moonsoul121

Tax is eating us all alive...

While I can see the purpose of the alliance tax on these areas, the sheer idiocy of the alliance's who put off an insane amount of tax percentage will only put off other players.

What I'm wondering is why the clans in said alliance go along with these decisions. Particularly those clans that aren't necessarily participating in alliance politics and discussions.

Now I've noticed an increase in new alliances and etc, but even with these new alliances... things will still remain the same because they can't really compete against these uber alliance with crazy taxes.

The most simple but difficult solution is to form a massive co-alliance against the alliances with high taxes. The problem is that most alliances find it difficult to work with other alliances due to a difference on opinions, time and effort expended on said solution.

So here is my suggestion, it might need work (opinions are welcome). Instead of a blanket control of taxes, it should have a built-in tax limitation based on the levels of the dark relay station. For example, Earth can have 10% tax or something for credits and 4% tax on resources. While higher level relays will have taxes up to 25% or 40%.

This system is NOT perfect or anything, but ludicrous taxes will ruin any game.

Note: If this post is moved to the appropriate forum section, then thank you.

Also keep the discussion clean PLEASE

Solution? Take away control of Rails from players and problem is fixed.

Rails should have never been given to the community control, DE should offered some rewards to ones that control rails instead. Higher drop chance for alliance members and Syndicate like rewards for Rail control time.

Rails should have never been given to the community control, DE should offered some rewards to ones that control rails instead. Higher drop chance for alliance members and Syndicate like rewards for Rail control time.

Your solution is a good, although maintaining the ownership of the relay would be a killer.

You know, back in the first days of the Dark Sector everyone bashed on Eclipse for their 'steep' 25% taxes. And everyone considered it OUTRAGEOUS.

f58908fbc9096bb4bb995de242433bf5.jpg

cute gif

The simple solution is to not play dark sectors. I don't have to pay taxes, they don't have to put up with my disgust. Win/win.

You know, back in the first days of the Dark Sector

What I remember is some nodes running under 0% tax rates, with alliances formed specifically to hold and keep the rail open for public benefit. Many many players fought against this and said that this was not in keeping with the spirit of the dark sectors system, because it was "intended" that rails would be taxed, prompting constant changes in management. Which makes it super ironic that dark sectors now shuffle from one set of hands to another all within the same super-cartel.

The simple solution is to not play dark sectors. I don't have to pay taxes, they don't have to put up with my disgust. Win/win.

What I remember is some nodes running under 0% tax rates, with alliances formed specifically to hold and keep the rail open for public benefit. Many many players fought against this and said that this was not in keeping with the spirit of the dark sectors system, because it was "intended" that rails would be taxed, prompting constant changes in management. Which makes it super ironic that dark sectors now shuffle from one set of hands to another all within the same super-cartel.

Your argument is valid... although you can't really say that is a solution since your just avoiding the issue altogether.

And there is another big issue with them, they are dead content to everyone who is not part of few alliances. Part of the game that should be "end game" as DE stated ended up being ruined because of petty politics.

Conflicts need a rework. Rework in which DE has more control over them.

You know, back in the first days of the Dark Sector everyone bashed on Eclipse for their 'steep' 25% taxes. And it was considered OUTRAGEOUS. Like, flames. everywhere you look in general discussion.

And? 25% was too high for me to even consider and it still is. The moment a rail gets a credit tax above 5% or a resource tax above 0%, then as far as I'm concerned, it ceases to exist.

And? 25% was too high for me to even consider and it still is. The moment a rail gets a credit tax above 5% or a resource tax above 0%, then as far as I'm concerned, it ceases to exist.

What if they "offered" super duper rare dark relay mods or weapons or blueprints XD (like that would ever happen)

Taxes are the reason I am glad the clan I'm in left our old Alliance, they had 20% on credit & 10% on resources.  The current Alliance we are a part of only does 5% credit and either 1% or 0% on resources.  We also talk with other Alliances and work together at taking out high tax ones even if it is a Dark Sector that noone really even uses.

people here really hate taxes XD and find ways to avoid paying them. good thing you guys don't do that in real life

My taxes in real life arent 75 % of my bruto paycheck. Nor do i have to give 75 % apples that i pick up from the tree to the state.

Taxes here seem like medieval ones, where you had to give one third to the lord, one third to church and manage with what you have left.

EDIT: And when i pay the taxes in real life, i get something in return. Free health care, road construction, infrastructure etc.

Edited by RoboDoge

I have a better idea, if you do not like the taxes simply don't do the sector instead of making yet another thread about dark sectors.

That would be your opinion and the prevailing opinion of many except the dark sectors ARE a part of the gameplay in warframe, no matter how much you detest the taxes or avoid going there, it will still exist. It would be a complete waste of gameplay if that were to continue, hence the option and idea of improving said system through the forum. It might not happen or it might. At least our opinions will be heard.

firstly the taxes started out as 25%

then by the time they were totally hated it was like 75% +

also, the DS nodes all have a % increase in creds, resources, and specific types of xp earned

that being said if the bonus is 15% and they tax 15% youre breaking even. i dont see much issue with it.

the other side of the arguement is that the tax is negligible. as the leader of a storm clan, even with DS maps taxed highly, I was able to still contribute 90% of the credits and resources to a majority of the projects in the dojo.

for larger clans with crap tons of inactives i could see the appeal in owning a node and taxing people. The dark sectors are WAR.

War is always there to boost patriotism and the economy (even if not the general publics wallet). Super-corps bank big time off of wars.

If i had a mountain or moon clan that was 50% or more Inactive but the rest was filled with hardcores... Yah id be inclined to fight for nodes and try to earn the right to tax players, because they have large research costs.

ALL IN ALL

i dont see them doing this for any other reason that to stroke their e-peens and inflate their egos.

At one point V had a 400m Coffer for ONE BATTLE. EGT puts out 125k rewards with 250m coffers, for one battle.

If they have this amount of credits they probably have equally huge resource caches and thus really dont need the DS maps taxed goods, hence epeen and ego.

Cant wait till the DS/PVP rework, i think it will lure in a good amount of players that for now care not for the conflicts.

Edited by T4LCOMX

I'd like to keep my 75% credit tax, sorry.(the "sorry" is a lie - i m not sorry).

You can always try to wrest a rail from my cold and dead hands.

Hypothetical question here. What when DE changes whole Dark Sectors conflics, and we all know this will come at one point?

Would you be mad when you lose all your rails simply because you are acting like children and trolling community? No one can force you to keep low taxes, its your right do so as you have control of the rail anyway, not right now. You guys are simply alienating people from DS and as we know, if people dont play one part if the game, DE will try to change whole concept. Good luck with whatever you bring upon yourself.

Edited by RoboDoge

Hypothetical question here. What when DE changes whole Dark Sectors conflics, and we all know this will come at one point?

Would you be mad when you lose all your rails simply because you are acting like children and trolling community? No one can force you to keep low taxes, its your right do so as you have control of the rail anyway, not right now. You guys are simply alienating people from DS and as we know, if people dont play one part if the game, DE will try to change whole concept. Good luck with whatever you bring upon yourself.

Well, I guess i do a great job even if i dont know what i actually do.

No one knows what and when DE changes the darksectors, but i m going to do a great job!

Hmm, What if i'm acting like a "trolling child" on purpose?