Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clashing Ideologies In Gameplay Is Ruining The Game, Endgame Is Falling Further Away.

(PSN)torvahn

Some of your ideas, I agree on but the one about rushed content being the players fault...that really isn't the players fault for the most part.

That is all on DE for most of it.

The content we currently have is not enough to entice players for long (depending on your opinion) unless your a new player and sometimes they leave just due to grind or other reasons. Others may stay on because they love the game or can bear the content for a while but others can't and will just leave as it's not enough to keep them interested. 

Games like Verdun, which has a fairly healthy community is in beta yet the content and gameplay is enough to keep people interested and not complain on a daily basis for new content or updates to be rushed out although more maps would be needed and maybe some new weapons. Seriously, the game is in beta but if they just basically opened up a steam workshop or continually released maps along with balance changes, they would be perfectly fine as the gameplay is enough to keep people interested. 

Darkest Dungeon could be another example as it seems to have enough random content and ectera to have people content until another update and that game is made by 8 people and they also have to deal with balance and ectera. 

When an update comes along, people are basically begging, wanting it to come along quick because they have nothing to do to keep them interested in the game long enough for them to wait for the update. Others, people take updates with a grain of salt as it will possibly ruin something, the content will be completed quickly, or the content would not be of a certain quality that has people care.

It is true that we shouldn't push the developers to content and that is on part the players fault, but we must realize that these people are starved for content and giving them examples to do this or do that in the game is not enough to interest them or just not interesting. We must realize that what you consider fun might not be fun for them like levelling up mods or doing void missions or etc. Also, don't say, "go play another game or go do something else" as that just encourages inactivity and activity is what brings people to love your game, recommend it to others, have people stay, and continue to have you earn money. Without activity, your game seems dead, and when people log in and just see that hardly anybody is on, their gonna think it is dead and leave or possibly stay depending on the person.

That player may want to have action, fun, something to get rid of the monotonous that the current content brings and those updates are their salvation. PS4 players and Xbox One players have a higher advantage as they get content later but get it in larger bulks so they can become content for awhile but I think some still suffer the burn out or ect. that some of the players have as well as they are able to go through that content. Not sure on this as I've yet to see their views on this as their posts are intermixed with our posts. 

Gameplay is the most important thing in keeping people interested in your game. If it is not interesting enough, people will become bored, get burned out easily, or ect. It is important to have this mastered when having a game that will be released, and ESPECIALLY a game that is in continuous development while players are playing it as you have to keep people interested enough to get to your release date and continue to be able to work on the game. 

DE, you have to be careful on what you do. Listen to the community as they have good ideas, but funnel out decisions on the community that seem to make the game more press 4 to win or insane. 

An example would be that you have to make a choice on whether to join Team A or Team B. Team A has a ton of people on its side yet it doesn't seem like the best team to join but you have a ton of people telling them to join you. While you have Team B which has about a few people yet has some good ideas and are asking you to join them. It won't always be like this though as you will have Team A be the minority and Team B be the majority or have it split down the middle. 

Sometimes you have to stomp your foot down and say no but always remember to consider ideas in full thought and see if it would be healthy for the game and community as you will always have people saying I want this but other's disagreeing or wanting something different. 

It is just like what the president deals with on a daily basis. If he makes a decision to pass a bill or reject it, he will be at blame along with the people who created the bill and agreed with it if it happens to have negative consequences as he listened and believed it was right although it wasn't.

Edited by Pbrandon1

There gotta be some conclave limit or it  is just enemies can survive planetary explosion and will one shot you by just looking at you. Shield drone flies by you and your warframe gets heart-attack and dies. Im probably one of few members here who is actually dreading 8-man raids rather than hyped about those.

Sooo prettymuch this http://i.imgur.com/uxSWdgpl.gif

Edited by armedpoop

There's never going to be true endgame until we have an actual story to follow. you can't just toss out endgame when there's really no reason to have ANY game after the tutorial.

The interaction between us, Lotus,and Vor in the tutorial is pretty much all the story we have to really go on...everything else is bits and pieces of ancient history...(lore).

i get the idea DE had that we write the story...but it's failing,bigtime. By trying to achieve balance we leave ourselves out of the story. We're behind the scenes while the Grineer,Corpus,Stalker,and Syndicates (so far),write history with us as footnotes or minor inconveniences.

Bit players don't get endgame....

hard for DE to manage our story when they have to revert and backpedal every freaking week cause of excessive moaning, whining, crying and general pansyness on the part of the playerbase.

lets be real about it. DE is kinda airheaded about their lore, it has to be said. BUT... nubs in the playerbase have made the problem worse.

I personally don't want to see T5 keys because DE will just have more RNG to play with. Also I highly doubt we will see new keys with DE attempts to push the players out of void currently. 

I think 8 man raids will be cluster buck of lag than it will imbalanced in difficulty than after beating the raid the rewards will either be awful or actually worth your time but then nerfed because veterans aren't allowed to have decent rewards because farming cores should be more monotonous so newbies can do it.

PS Stop arguing about Rep farming that topic is been beaten to death there is nothing really need to be said anymore.

DE cant balance anything because community would be crying too hard everywhere if your boltor prime didnt instakill level 100 heavy gunner.

Being honest?  Boltor prime cannot insta kill a level 100 Heavy Gunner.  Though I bet you were joking, or just exaggerating.

dad gamers

is this a thing?  are my opinions S#&$ because i managed to procreate?

I'm pretty sure that refers to dad-aged gamers. 

Embrace the oldness...or at least the no-longer-in-your-20iesness.

[Follow Up]

Of course I thought it was the opposite, that spoiled kids didn't want the game to change.   Not the mature with a head on their shoulders players.   So it is probably more of a meaningless catch-all category of "people I've made up that I disagree with".

Edited by Don_T_Shoot

I'm not defending either of them just play your own damn game and let DE assess the data and balance accordingly.

some dad gamers don't want the game to change.

^ i agree that everyone should play their own game.....i get really annoyed that ppl keep imposing their view on other players...and i get really annoyed the DE eats up that kind of bullS#&$ too

i agree on the T5 and 8-man raids.....but the T5 keys worry me.....i dont want S#&$ty weapons to be put into T5 loot table....and i dont want just anyone able to join a T5 game....T4 was the "end game" according to DE....now we are adding T5? seriously wtf? i dont want to see T5 cap or T5 survival with a 1% chance of dropping an essential part to a prime weapon or frame....that would be complete bullS#&$

in terms of 8-man raids.......i really hope they dont have a stupid system that only allows 1 out of 20 possible parts to drop per raid....and i really hope they dont restrict the number of raids we can run either...it would be really stupid on their part to make the grind even worse for high level players

also i dont get where you are going at with the dad gamers that dont want to the game to change......

^ from my point of view....i dont want certain things to change because the actions or decisions made for the changes do not match up properly.....they blatantly nerf S#&$ without having anything to balance.....im sorry but killing r5 cores and telling me....well its in all these other missions now too...doesnt mean S#&$ to me.....because now it takes even longer to get r5 cores

as one of these "dad gamers" i am perfectly fine with change....as long as it is a balanced change....i have only complained about changes that make no @(*()$ sense and have no merit behind them

hmmm so i get into a rep farm group.... i see Excal spamming and i sit in the middle and get more exp... i do this for 2 matchs.... its nice and easy brezzy, but I find this process BORING.... So i leave and never join a "Rep party" again.

WHATS THE BIG DEAL. NO one has yet to explain why if people find a quick and efficent way to do somthing... others cry.... Why? its a Co-op game... it does not matter. You dont have to do that? so why all the tears?

And someone said, its make you look bad if you say you dont care about balance? Its a game, IT DOES NOT MATTER. not one bit. Next, the most awsome games that you game do the most amazing stuff, is NEVER balanced. There will always be class's, weapons, gear that are better for some than others... other wise you will end up playing a boring game, thats sooooo realistic and balanced... might as well play COD. 

i mean some people's logic on here makes no sense. You can buy every frame and most weapons.... or you could work for them in game the "legit" way....so crying about balance makes no sense when the game you play has a back bone of pay to win. 

what are DAD gamers? people with lives? dont have 30+hrs to put into a game? I guess im one of them, no kids though. SDR&R

hmmm so i get into a rep farm group.... i see Excal spamming and i sit in the middle and get more exp... i do this for 2 matchs.... its nice and easy brezzy, but I find this process BORING.... So i leave and never join a "Rep party" again.

WHATS THE BIG DEAL. NO one has yet to explain why if people find a quick and efficent way to do somthing... others cry.... Why? its a Co-op game... it does not matter. You dont have to do that? so why all the tears?

And someone said, its make you look bad if you say you dont care about balance? Its a game, IT DOES NOT MATTER. not one bit. Next, the most awsome games that you game do the most amazing stuff, is NEVER balanced. There will always be class's, weapons, gear that are better for some than others... other wise you will end up playing a boring game, thats sooooo realistic and balanced... might as well play COD. 

i mean some people's logic on here makes no sense. You can buy every frame and most weapons.... or you could work for them in game the "legit" way....so crying about balance makes no sense when the game you play has a back bone of pay to win. 

what are DAD gamers? people with lives? dont have 30+hrs to put into a game? I guess im one of them, no kids though. SDR&R

p2w backbone? Ill have the drugs he's having.

besides whats NOT prime of the month, almost everything can be brought with real cash... no? and threw trades you can buy primes. Then go on youtube find a the OP -> LEET build and then buy those cards threw trades, and Bam lvl 1 OP ness...or sorry then get into a rep/xp farm and you are now Rank30 frame weapons and ready to do your Master Rank up. All in 30min of 1st getting into the game fresh out the box.

mind you i really dont care about that. I play for gamplay and the fact its fun and easy to pick up an put down. But make no mistake this game has a back bone of pay to win. You dont have to but you CAN.

Again i dont care, but isnt that the basic's of Pay To Win?

I hope there's gonna be dedicated servers just for the raids. Like how there is relays. 

a lot of people can barely host 3 people. 

So much this,...

Prepare for a slideshow, with 5 FPS,.. and thats even before that russian guy is hosting,..

I was reading on reddit about all these problems and after much open debate the concensus was that most people do not care about WF at all just so long as they can get their goodies before they move on to the next thing.

DE are aware of the problem see https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/345295-vivergate-vent-radioactive-gas-yn/ and clearly they are still looking for a wholistic solution given that the problem hasnt gone away.

Since any debate here that becomes contentious is immediately deleted, I guess we are all just going to have to keep waiting to see what DE come up with.

As an asside, I used to play another game with similar "openbeta" status that had similar problems with balance and bias, it lasted 2 over years before dying, so DE have plenty of time left.