Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vey Hek Needs A Nerf!

Zackzapper3000

For about an hour did I try with a full squad on the pc. We attempted to kill this ridiculous boss with no result I just gave up after an hour and a half. We all were maxed out frames with great primary guns. We had 2 people that we rank 18 that said that it is wicked hard. Is there something that we are doing wrong because shooting him in the face for 2 hours doesn't work!!!!!!!

was he already in the huge walker mode? If not then you must wait to shoot his face once the mask opens. Once he hits walker mode just hit him anywhere to finish the job. Just took a clan mate there a couple days ago and pwned him very quickly. One word of warning though, for some reason there is a glitch sometimes after you kill his walker form he will respawn as the floating version and be invulnerable while still killing party members. Once the extraction point appears just leave.

He is easy. Shoot at face when he start talking, avoid being too close because he will use magnetic proc removing all energy. When he transform into terra frame, shoot anywhere keeping eye on orbital strike drones. His rocket salvo can be lethal too. Best cover is passage under one of platforms he land.

Hmm. I'm usually thinking I am the one who needs a nerf. He doesn't last long when I shove my Opticor down his... er... robotic(???) throat.

The Jackal is easily harder than Vay Hek.(Not sarcasm)

It actually is somewhat when it's extremely high leveled. It loves spamming those insta-kill missiles that heat seek. 

Edited by Tymerc

We were all shooting him in the glowing parts when the sirens went off but we finally managed to kill him when we all brought soma primes and team ammo restores and we managed to ice this boss but seriously I wouldn't mind a nerf

You have to shoot him in the face. The glowing parts are not weak spots.

We were shooting him in the face, that's what zack meant. It was annoying because he would constantly fly against a wall, get stuck, and start spinning rapidly so we were unable to shoot him. I used my ember's world on fire and it worked until he took my energy.

Actually, you can shoot him in the face or sometimes the indicator on top of his head. I know this since I slowed him down with m.prime and was able to accurately pinpoint area of weaknesses.

We were all shooting him in the glowing parts when the sirens went off but we finally managed to kill him when we all brought soma primes and team ammo restores and we managed to ice this boss but seriously I wouldn't mind a nerf

He's not getting a nerf just because you and your team are doing it wrong.

He's a boss, figure it out and deal with it.

Did this when he was originally locked behind a key and we massacred everything. Recently, I did this with a friend in a two man squad and still came out ahead despite almost always not having any shields to fall back on. Granted I was a Trinity with a build focused on range and strength.

Bring a Rhino or a Trinity if you're really having trouble getting Hydroid parts. If you continue to have issues with him, why not post your loadout?

I also found during my time trying out Hek is that he tends to fly into small openings like tunnels and entrances, so why not have somewhere on luring duty? By that, I mean if Hek is focused on someone, have them lure him to a small space where he can't quite fly about and the rest of you gun him down. I cannot tell you how many times I did this run where he would get himself stuck in small spaces and becoming a stationary target because walls.

Edited by SurrealEdge