Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great Medallion Inquisition. [Thread To Collect Facts On Medallions]

Kinperor

Hello,

Recently I have become curious about the medallions drop of the Syndicate, and as part of a healthy scientific process I wanted to properly collect data beyond my personal experience. 

This is why I need your assistance today. In order to collect information on the subject, I have made six forms (one per syndicate) that can be filled at will. The objectives of these forms is stated as such:

This form is meant to collect information about the medallions of each Syndicate. The goal is to see the average medallions per set, the difference between Syndicates, the difference between Syndicate levels and finally to see if stockpiles affect our item discovery.

Coincidentally, this summarizes the goal of this thread. The forms inquires about metrics we already know very well about, like the maximum amount of medallions per mission. At best we will cement this knowledge, or maybe show us we were wrong about it. 

How can you help?

If you think this is worth your time, I would need you to fill the forms detailing your recent Syndicate missions. Preferably, you would do it more than once (the more the better).

If you accept to partake in the operation, I would like to remind you to please check your inventory to see how much medallions you already have before you start the mission. 

Here are the forms, click the link that leads to the concerned syndicate:

You can discuss the forms in this thread, of course. If I made a mistake or the wording is confusing, please let me know. 

Please don't fill these forms only based on your memory! It is (in general) not reliable, so for better results, double check your numbers.

Why does it matter?

It's all relative. The reasons why I am compelled to search into the question is that I want to bring attention to inequality between tilesets. Furthermore, I am curious about whether the syndicate levels matters for medallions and most importantly I wonder if my stockpiles of high-tier medallions affect my chances at finding a high-tier medallion in a mission. 

Results expectations

• It is already common knowledge that the Ice planet, the Galleon and the Earth tileset have less medallions in general. I expect the results to cement this. 

• I do not expect any significant difference between Syndicates in term of medallions yield. However, if there is a difference, that's the kind of thing we'd like to know. 

• I do not expect any significant difference between levels within the same Syndicate. Again, if there is one, we should know that. 

• I have a suspicion that my stockpiles affect the medallions spawned in my mission. With no data, this remains a superstition and should be treated as such.

About the result:

I will share the results. Maybe not right away, since we want to have at least a couple of answers before hand to have meaningful data to look at. 

Also, the results by themselves won't be very useful, unless you really want to compare the Tenno that found 6 Seeds as opposed to 5 Seeds. I will have some data crossing to do in my future to actually make sense of this. 

I am hopeful that we will get at least 10 replies per syndicate and that I can do some meaningful data crossing this week or next week. It goes without saying that more is better, and that I am hoping for hundreds of replies. 

Thank you for reading and participating!

PS: The scope of this thread isn't about opinions on the medallions system, it's about facts of the system. There is already another thread up that is discussing the opinion of players on the medallions. 

Edited by Kinperor

It's worth looking into. I've been sitting on my medallions since they came out. I've stockpiled the most with Steel, but I've picked up more rares with Suda. I figured it was RNG but now I'm curious too. I'll start filling these out as I do my missions.

How many of these are you hoping to collect? If it were me, I'd want a massive sample, but that might not be doable.

I'd help, but I've got full reputation with Red Veil as an Exalted and with Steel Meridian (but I don't have their required Rhino helmet). I'll get back to you when Syndicate primary weapons are released.

Nothing stops you from stockpiling more medallions for future use if you really mean to help. 

It's worth looking into. I've been sitting on my medallions since they came out. I've stockpiled the most with Steel, but I've picked up more rares with Suda. I figured it was RNG but now I'm curious too. I'll start filling these out as I do my missions.

How many of these are you hoping to collect? If it were me, I'd want a massive sample, but that might not be doable.

I am expecting at least 10 entries for each syndicates. I hope for hundreds of replies. 

The absolute best would be to get an endorsement from Rebecca, like that post she did in a thread for a popularity poll which reached about 3000 submitters. 

From doing 4 Syndicates, at various ranks with highly varied stored pools I've not noticed much difference at all.  I'd expect that all missions have the same equal chance and only the total number of medalions you can find really change anything (obviosuly with the less medalions you can find being less chance of having higher tier ones but the average being about the same).

Though l am curious to see the results anyway.

Here is hoping someone doesnt just screw with your results.

Edited by Loswaith

From doing 4 Syndicates, at various ranks with highly varied stored pools I've not noticed much difference at all.  I'd expect that all missions have the same equal chance and only the total number of medalions you can find really change anything (obviosuly with the less medalions you can find being less chance of having higher tier ones but the average being about the same).

Though l am curious to see the results anyway.

Here is hoping someone doesnt just screw with your results.

So far it actually seem like Cephalon Suda has actually no Genius datum collected yet, out of ~9 responders. 

The data pool is really small, but that is still quite confounding, to say the least. 

-----

In other news, I'd like to thank the people who responded already and remind you that if you can collect more data it would be greatly appreciated! 

Also, we have very few Perrin responders, if you are part of them we really need you! 

How is the current situation of the Inquisition?

Currently we have a lot of replies for Steel Meridian and Cephalon Suda. Almost 20 with both. The rest are all below 10 replies.

Results so far for Steel Meridian.

Results so far for Red Veil.

Results so far for Arbiters of Hexis.

Results so far for Cephalon Suda.

Results so far for New Loka.

Results so far for Perrin Sequence.