Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe "prototype" Skins

patrizl001

Based off the excalibur proto prime thing that seemed to be misunderstood.

What i think would be a good idea would be special proto skins for the warframes. No, not the excal hayden tenno, actual prototypes of the frames you could find in orokin derelicts. Things like this:https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/386373-prototype-warframes-added-loki/

OR (also taken from proto prime thread) we could have a forma-like system, where your frame level wouls reset, but look more like A prototype.

Those skins in that thread look, to me, more like 'Battle damaged' sort of skins.

I rather like the idea of having a line of Proto-skins that stylize each of the Frames as they might have looked if they were around in Dark Sector.

It is my opinion that Proto-Excalibur and Proto-Nyx should be special, however, and require you be around for the Game's anniversary to purchase. The rest ought to simply be sold as premium skins in the Marketplace. A little more expensive then the Immortal skins which are more like paintjobs by comparison.

OP says it doesn't need to be based off Dark Sector, which has no relation to Warframe other than spirit I might add.

So every Warframe can have a prototype, and logically does have a prototype.

Aren't the Primes technically prototypes?

Good question.

At first glance it would appear so, but if you read Rhino Prime's codex, you will learn that there was something even before the Primes.

It sounded like it was completely Infested based.

Edited by 011100110110000101101101

OP says it doesn't need to be based off Dark Sector, which has no relation to Warframe other than spirit I might add.

So every Warframe can have a prototype, and logically does have a prototype.

Don't try to change the subject. What the OP said is irrelevant to our debate. You asked me for proof of my claims, which I gave to you.

Sorry, I proved what four legitimately have one. We'll be lucky to get even a Nemesis skin, let alone Frost's and Trinity's, or anyone else's for that matter..

Edited by Tymerc

Don't try to change the subject. What the OP said is irrelevant to our debate. You asked me for proof of my claims, which I gave to you.

Sorry, I proved what four legitimately have one. We'll be lucky to get even a Nemesis skin, let alone Frost's and Trinity's.

I know, and I still accept those claims.  I never refuted them, just reminded you that all warframes can and lorewise do have prototypes.

But I must ask, where is Frost in this?

Nevermind, I found it.

It's pretty much just a completely white Frost though.

Edited by 011100110110000101101101

Aren't the Primes technically prototypes?

My theory is that the Primes are the first successful "models" of Tenno, ones that weren't temperamental or flawed in significant ways, so the regular frames are based on the Primes' success, but don't have the decoration or polarities in the interest of mass production.