Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Actually Impossible To Pay For Mod Upgrading/ducat Items. Deep Explanation Within. Please Support.

SnakeWildlife

I can obtain 3000 mods dupes in a day of grind, by myself as a necros. Using teamwork and greedy pull its possible to get that many in 3 hours. If you cant do it in 4 months you should seek the help of other experienced players.

The games gear content is not being designed for every player to unlock every piece of it, doing so is a monumental undertaking.

I enjoy this ballance, I was so happy when they introduced more content for me to unlock.

You have to understand that for many people, they find that having 3 nekros spamming Desecrate on a macro program, whilst 1 person spams Pull with 'Greedy Pull', is not enjoyable, not normal gameplay, and they just dont want to play that way because it feels dishonorable as-well as dishonest.

If that's what you enjoy doing, hey! its cool! Iv no beef with that (whatever makes you happy! and quite a good amount of people DO like to do that), but my problem is, everybody should be earning plenty through ALL-KINDS of gameplay, without having to resort to botting or mashing the same key in a farm spot.

If Fusion core/Credit gains weren't so stingy, then we wouldnt be having to be forced into doing this.

I personally find that kind of farming, as brain-numbing. I dont want to do it. I just cant bring myself to doing it.

Edited by SnakeWildlife

You have to understand that for many people, they find that having 3 nekros spamming Desecrate on a macro program, whilst 1 person spams Pull with 'Greedy Pull', is not enjoyable, not normal gameplay, and they just dont want to play that way because it feels dishonorable as-well as dishonest.

If that's what you enjoy doing, hey! its cool! Iv no beef with that (whatever makes you happy! and quite a good amount of people DO like to do that), but my problem is, everybody should be earning plenty through ALL-KINDS of gameplay, without having to resort to botting or mashing the same key in a farm spot.

If Fusion core/Credit gains weren't so stingy, then we wouldnt be having to be forced into doing this.

I personally find that kind of farming, as brain-numbing. I dont want to do it. I just cant bring myself to doing it.

I wont argue with the emphasis of your points. The methods I described for 1 day farms are numbing. 2 week paced grind is pretty casual if your inserting the hours OP mentioned.

inb4 "post 2 weeks of screenshots or stop trolling"

http://snag.gy/6Gpqf.jpg

There you go 40 minutes work. Worst run wealth I've ever one to.

that's 28% of what he lists as a 4 month project done in 40 minutes. As you requested.

I get it you like to farm, but i and other people want to earn as we play, and i like to play void missions, run bosses for my friends and newly welcomed Tenno who are joining the game, and help them up the starcharts.  Why should i earn so much less than you?

What map is that btw? dayum.

that's 28% of what he lists as a 4 month project done in 40 minutes. As you requested.

I don't think i requested this, i already know it is easily possible. No very entertaining, but the upside is you can watch a movie/series while doing so.

Edited by Dunkingmachine

I get it you like to farm, but i and other people want to earn as we play, and i like to play void missions, run bosses for my friends and newly welcomed Tenno who are joining the game, and help them up the starcharts.  Why should i earn so much less than you?

When your goal is to earn the best time you can, you will have the best time you are able to provide yourself. When your goal is to earn the most wealth you can, you will earn the most wealth that you are able to collect. If your goal is to have the best time you can, it would be unkind to the others who try to make the most wealth they can if you both gained the same. In the end we must just be good at doing what we enjoy.

Egate on Venus. Realistically without a team built for farming in 40 minutes you should expect to make about 300 upgrades if you bring a Necros; 225 if not.

Edited by HurpadurpusRex

When your goal is to earn the best time you can, you will have the best time you are able to provide yourself. When your goal is to earn the most wealth you can, you will earn the most wealth that you are able to collect. If your goal is to have the best time you can, it would be unkind to the others who try to make the most wealth they can if you both gained the same. In the end we must just be good at doing what we enjoy.

Egate on Venus. Realistically without a team built for farming in 40 minutes you should expect to make about 300 upgrades if you bring a Necros; 225 if not.

Oh i understand that, farmers SHOULD definitely get more rewards for hammering hard at something with a powerful +Loot combination.

But when you do regular game content, lets say for example you want a piece of Nekros and you go and complete the mission to kill Lephantis, killing all mobs along the way, youre lucky if you get 5 fusion cores for the entire level.

^

That's what is the problem. People who are playing normally, get next to nothing with the current fusion core drop chance and get an amount of credits not worth anybodies time, and the amount of loot dropping in comparison, whilst it shouldnt be as high, shouldnt be so low as it is now, especially in Non-Endless game modes.

For your case, if you enjoy that kind of farming, you cant enjoy doing so in all gamemodes, youre trapped into Survival/Defense/Excavation when the game should be offering you alternative places to go.

Its like when Payday 2 for over a year, the entire game was meaningless because only doing Rats on Overkill was the ONLY way to gain any good currency or experience :(

It's also exploiting a spawning glitch that doesn't always happen, and the sort of thing they patched Viver for.  

It's the equivalent of saying, "This is balanced, look how easily I accrued wealth while exploiting/cheating to farm!"

My two cents. I hope to see more missions that have a group of R5 cores as a reward similiar to the latest tacitcal alert we are having. As for ducats I think it would be better if either the void trader dealt goods in pure ducat prices or pure credits (if pure credits I recommend boosting the sell value of prime parts). Personally I'm leaning toward pure credits. Also it would be nice if the void trader on occasion sold a hard to get prime part.

I wont argue with the emphasis of your points. The methods I described for 1 day farms are numbing. 2 week paced grind is pretty casual if your inserting the hours OP mentioned.

So i went to EGate to find out what all the hubbub was about and to see if what you said held water.

Im sorry but i have to say your arguement in this case is an invalid one. You are taking advantage of a Spawn-Exploit which is confirmed by DE as an Exploit and is actually going to be patched out this wednesday. You know which window im talking about.

You cant just use this as a way of saying "i legitimately maxed out my mods" because you havent. To say you honestly earned it (if what you have been doing is using the EGate exploit), is completely fraudulent. You havent played the game normally, as intended, you just took advantage of a bug, and exploited the hell out of it before it can be patched, to suit your own benefit.

You cant say that its easy to play the game normally and max all your mods, when you are doing stuff like this.

Its not just abnormal, but it's against game mechanics and does not validate your argument.

+1 to Zeylons Comment.

Edited by SnakeWildlife

So i went to EGate to find out what all the hubbub was about and to see if what you said held water.

Im sorry but i have to say your arguement in this case is an invalid one. You are taking advantage of a Spawn-Exploit which is confirmed by DE as an Exploit and is actually going to be patched out this wednesday. You know which window im talking about.

You cant just use this as a way of saying "i legitimately maxed out my mods" because you havent. To say you honestly earned it (if what you have been doing is using the EGate exploit), is completely fraudulent. You havent played the game normally, as intended, you just took advantage of a bug, and exploited the hell out of it before it can be patched, to suit your own benefit.

You cant say that its easy to play the game normally and max all your mods, when you are doing stuff like this.

Its not just abnormal, but it's against game mechanics and does not validate your argument.

+1 to Zeylons Comment.

This is why I didn't mention that method earlier in the conversation. Because it could be considered an exploit it can't be used as a valid paradigm for farming.

I would like a source for DE knowing about it and planning to fix it if you have that link?

Regardless, this does not discount previous examples of non exploitative farming which make things achievable if somewhat boring to do.

Perhaps they will introduce a higher grade of core with the raid content as a top tier reward. That would tie in nicely with things like Primed mods being end game content.

I can obtain 3000 mods dupes in a day of grind, by myself as a necros. Using teamwork and greedy pull its possible to get that many in 3 hours. If you cant do it in 4 months you should seek the help of other experienced players.

The games gear content is not being designed for every player to unlock every piece of it, doing so is a monumental undertaking.

I enjoy this ballance, I was so happy when they introduced more content for me to unlock.

Should I point out that EGate is not only bug driven farm but among those 3000 cores you'll have maybe 80 (if very lucky) R5 cores, max 100 uncommon and 100-185 common fussion cores? (basing this on my 3 runs where I also did get 3k cores total)*

Yeah sure, there are also those 2700 mods but they are useless when it comes to ranking up other mods. Well, maybe not useless because with them you get some progress but it sure as hell is not cost effective if you would use in their place only R5 cores instead.

Also I am wondering why people still cling to word "impossible" used figuratively...

EDIT: forgot *

*sadly this was before I read the update on this thread, would have made screenshots before and after each run etc.

Edited by Kasarian

Honestly if you wanna complain about the cost to rank these mods, complaint to the kids that were whining about getting mine from the void and how easy it was to accumulate credits

Because of these complaints the ways and ease of accumulating credits had severely been cut.

That was just something on the side but tbh ignore primed mods if you find them to be a problem and just rank their original version, don't make something out to be a problem when it really isn't, especially since these mods are "legendary" and require a lot of resources, those resources being held by vet players, you know, the ones who would have the cores and money and time to put into these...

+1 to Zeylons Comment.

I'm against patching out bugs like this.  The bug is not a problem, it's a symptom of a much bigger problem that should be fixed instead.  The proper solution is to buff the quality of life for progression through normal playstyles.  Once again, I link https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/404859-the-problem-with-rank-10-mods/ to show a way to relieve the current 10 rank stress enough where players will not desire mods in those quantities. Additionally, you could provide ways to obtain similar quantities based around the difficulty of the mission, so players can be rewarded for challenging themselves.

Edited by Callback

The issue I see with the Void Trader and his stuff right now is it feels exclusionary. I'm not a fan of limited run content in games. I bought Prime Flow because I wanted it and I have a build that can benefit from it, but I don't like the idea that anyone who starts playing now might never get access to that Mod just because they didn't join in time.

I'm not opposed to these things being rare, or even being expensive, but there's a difference between Loki Prime being hard to get because you need to get a rare reward from 2-3 missions that themselves require a rare drop void key to access, and Loki Prime being hard to get because next week none of the drop tables include his parts.

I understand this is likely aimed primarily at veterans who've done everything else, but end game content has to exist for the new player as well - by that I mean it exists for them to aspire toward. I've walked away from several F2P games because the end game content was utterly unreachable for anyone who wasn't already there. I see Runescape players who talk about 5-10 mil as though it's a fortune, and then discover that the high end armour cost upwards of a hundred million, but you also have to periodically repair it at a cost of 5-6 mil a set!

Players need to know that the endgame is for them as well as the Founders. They need to be able to see this stuff is attainable so it becomes something to work toward, rather than being dismissed as money gouging by a company that doesn't give a toss about them.

The items are on a cycle (this was stated from the outset) and the last 2 rotations have had multiple repeated items. While I share your aversion to virtually unobtainable content, the void trader doesn't come under that heading in my opinion.

The items are on a cycle (this was stated from the outset) and the last 2 rotations have had multiple repeated items. While I share your aversion to virtually unobtainable content, the void trader doesn't come under that heading in my opinion.

Well at present I can only go by what I've seen, and on the PS4 at least it looks like it's 2+ weeks between visits, and there are numerous warnings about "who knows when this will be back in stock!?"

Given that I get tired of trying to get a hold of Prime gear when I've got a steady supply of the right key (or people hosting that mission), I can only imagine the frustration people must feel when they get one chance a fortnight to buy an item that might not even be on sale this visit, this month or maybe not even this year!

Well at present I can only go by what I've seen, and on the PS4 at least it looks like it's 2+ weeks between visits, and there are numerous warnings about "who knows when this will be back in stock!?"

Given that I get tired of trying to get a hold of Prime gear when I've got a steady supply of the right key (or people hosting that mission), I can only imagine the frustration people must feel when they get one chance a fortnight to buy an item that might not even be on sale this visit, this month or maybe not even this year!

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Baro_Ki'Teer

The consoles have gotten everything in the exact order PC did (thus far) so it is reasonable to conclude this trend will continue. That means within 2 months 8 days of his starting appearance the Void Trader will start to repeat his stock. If you want you can even project when each mod will be available that you have not yet had access to and save accordingly based on this information.

Even if they don't follow the exact same pattern the PC iteration of repeated items in less than 2.5 months (being representative of the overall number of items he could stock) means such claims of "who knows when this will be back in stock!?" are being either alarmist or simply ignorant of the above facts. 

While farming for Primes you no doubt acquire parts you could sell for ducats while you await your coveted item. Surely this is no bad thing?

I do not recall DE saying anything at all about Baro's stock repeating except 2 weeks after his first appearance during a livestream. In which it was one sentence in an hour's worth of video. Which is hardly from the outset or easily accessible to people. Granted I could have just missed some other declaration of this so take it with a grain of salt.

Honestly if you wanna complain about the cost to rank these mods, complaint to the kids that were whining about getting mine from the void and how easy it was to accumulate credits

Because of these complaints the ways and ease of accumulating credits had severely been cut.

That was just something on the side but tbh ignore primed mods if you find them to be a problem and just rank their original version, don't make something out to be a problem when it really isn't, especially since these mods are "legendary" and require a lot of resources, those resources being held by vet players, you know, the ones who would have the cores and money and time to put into these...

Yes, one can easily assume this system is intended for Veteran players, however it seems that even veteran players (as exemplified within this threads many pages) also feel the costs for either purchase or levelling rank 10 mods is too damn high.

Even those who got tied up in the somewhat banal argument about the use of word impossible, agree to this. If veterans who have played through several bugs and systems that allowed vast and massive amounts of credits, resources, fusion cores, and void keys think the price is exorbitant then something is very much wrong with the system.

I do not recall DE saying anything at all about Baro's stock repeating except 2 weeks after his first appearance during a livestream. In which it was one sentence in an hour's worth of video. Which is hardly from the outset or easily accessible to people. Granted I could have just missed some other declaration of this so take it with a grain of salt.

The reference you make is the exact one I recall during the devstream. While they didn't state this outright when he was implemented (I messed up there) the devstream clarification states that intent going forward. Proper announcements aside the main point that items are repeating (in line with the PC pattern) which is easily searchable on the wiki, considered a solid source of information about all aspects of the game by many players and linked on these forums for official reference.

As for the resources I am one of those that thinks some requirements are too high. Not by a massive gap (maybe 20% or that sort of ballpark) but too high nonetheless. That is the one constant in this thread above all the nit picking and I think it needs to be properly addressed by DE in one form or another.

Edited by SoyMalone

Over the past couple of days I have been running T4 survival and logging my results in an attempt to log how long it would take to rank up a primed mod from 0 to 10 from before the R5 core nerf in T4S.  From what I gathered so far

30 minutes – 15 R5 cores

1 hour – 25 R5 cores

20 minutes – 10  R5 cores

30 minutes – 25 R5 - 1 UC – 1C

35 minutes – 20 R5 - 2 UC -  3C

15 minutes – 15 R5 – 0 UC – 1 C

15 minutes – 10 RC – 1 UC  - 0 C

10 minutes – 10 R5 -  0 UC – 2 C

30 minutes – 25 R5 – 5 UC – 2 C

35 minutes – 25 R5 – 0 UC – 4 C

15 Minutes – 10 R5 -  0 UC – 3 C

35 Minutes – 20 R5 – 1 UC – 8 C

30 minutes – 20 R5 -  0 UC – 1 C

15 minutes – 15 R5 – 1 UC – 0 C

35 minutes – 25 R5 – 3 UC – 0 C

10 minutes  –  5 R5 – 0 UC – 1 C

5 minutes – 0 R5  - 0 Uc – 0C 

15 minute – 5 R5 – UC – 0 C

15 minutes – 10 R5 1 UC -  4 C

Totals so far

19 Keys 7h 35 min 294 R5 – 32 Uncommon – 58 Common

I started tracking the uncommon and common after the 3rd mission but the totals include them from those missions. I have screenshots from each so I can add total credits earned later if people are interested.  I also got roghly 1,300 ducats from these missions.  This was done over a two day period at which point I got somewhat burned out but should be finished getting the rest of the cores needed to rank up a prime mod by then end of this week.  From these numbers I think it is safe to say that it takes 12-14 hours of T4 survival to max a prime mod.  That was pre core nerf though.  Assuming the numbers post nerf are accurate from earlier in this thread that 12-14 hours is now closer to 17.5 hours which is a 20% increase in time needed to get the cores.  Add in the lack of ducats and the lower credit rewards from not being in the void and the amount of time needed to get these mods since the core nerf is easily going to have increased by 25%. 

So my thoughts on this are that adding 25% more grind to something that I think everyone can agree was already a pretty big time sink is a problem.  I am in no way saying that these can't be ranked up but I do think it creates a major problem for the game because for the "casual" player who only plays less then 2 hours a day it means that in order to get enough resources to rank up mods in the game they need to spend half their time doing dedicated core farming to even rank these up to rank 9 based on the 2 week roll out of prime mods.  If you also need to rank up other mods then the player starts to not be able to keep up.  From my view when we had easy access to T4 void keys and cores had a 77% drop rate in rotation A the amount needed to max up primed mods made sense.  Even if you didn't core farm doing a couple long T4 survivals would give you enough cores to atleast somewhat keep up with the added grind.  Since these aspects of the game have been removed the amount of grind required is way to much. 

I wonder if DE even realizes that the changes that they made increased the grind wall by 25%.  Granted, I understand the need to get people to play evenly across the nodes but their recent changes are nerfs and pretty severe ones when factoring in the amount of hours that are being added together. If DE did this unintentionally then I think they need to rework the core drop rates to bring them back in line to where they were.  If DE did this intentionally then it really draws into question many of the things that have been stated on the Dev stream about reducing grind in the game. 

Edited by (PS4)geb9696

The reference you make is the exact one I recall during the devstream. While they didn't state this outright when he was implemented (I messed up there) the devstream clarification states that intent going forward. Proper announcements aside the main point that items are repeating (in line with the PC pattern) which is easily searchable on the wiki, considered a solid source of information about all aspects of the game by many players and linked on these forums for official reference.

As for the resources I am one of those that thinks some requirements are too high. Not by a massive gap (maybe 20% or that sort of ballpark) but too high nonetheless. That is the one constant in this thread above all the nit picking and I think it needs to be properly addressed by DE in one form or another.

I suppose I always forget to consider the wiki, because I am a player from the "wiki is full of lies" era of warframe in which at least a quarter of the time information seemed to be wrong. But that's a personal hangup and you are correct the wiki does that information and is considered a good source (now).

Yes it's easy to get caught up in semantics and minor details. I definitely agree this needs to be addressed somehow as well.

@ (PS4)geb9696 (the guy who posted right above me) Thanks for taking the time to track that for us all :) It really helps highlight the differences. Now a reference pool of one is never the optimally desired kind of reference but it certainly gives us a starting point.

I would like a source for DE knowing about it and planning to fix it if you have that link?

Hotfix 15.16.2

Changes

• AFK players will no longer receive any increase to their Warframe’s energy supply.
  • Certain mission types will no longer endlessly spawn enemies if the mission goals themselves aren't being met.

As previously stated, Hotfix on wednesday. I cannot copy-paste voice chat. (the above fixes are directed at Egate exploitation) I need to poke Glen again about a network issue on the Liset, some people unable to remain connected until game begins.

Still, the economy debate goes on.

You don't need to have all modes maxed to 10.

You don't need to buy every stuff Baro'Ki'Teer comes with.

You don't need to be best of the best, just because you are MR-19 nolifer.

You are playing this game for too long, and you can't realise such simple things? "Tainted and ruined beyond salvation."

Your desires to have everything is your fault, not DE's one. Stop being that childish.

"I'm powerful mr-19 pro, and I need to have it all." Why? "Because it exists!"

If I'll place a mountain near your city, you are going to climb it, just because it exists, right? This is what your "logic" tells.

That's only your fault. Stop talking this "Year of quality."

You are only hurting yourself, Tenno.

much of his point is all about how leveling these mods up for a normal player would take an enourmous amount of time and energy, and it may not even be possible

most players do not pay for 10-16 hours a day, many players go to school, have a job, both or just dont want to play that much warframe in one day. 

i agree with the OP, these mods are pretty hard to even get close to being max rank. i rarely have enough credits to even think about ranking some of these mods up and its hurting the end user exprience. we dont have to have these mods at Max rank, but getting them even 60% or 75% is also really hard. 

As previously stated, Hotfix on wednesday. I cannot copy-paste voice chat. (the above fixes are directed at Egate exploitation) I need to poke Glen again about a network issue on the Liset, some people unable to remain connected until game begins.

Still, the economy debate goes on.

I understand you not being able to link to a post, but when you say voice chat I can only assume you are referring to a devstream? If it was another player over Voip they didn't say where they heard it? The patch notes clearly are for E gate and the nature of the issue is probably a big reason why they went against their promise not to patch before the next big one . . . which should be epic :)

much of his point is all about how leveling these mods up for a normal player would take an enourmous amount of time and energy, and it may not even be possible

most players do not pay for 10-16 hours a day, many players go to school, have a job, both or just dont want to play that much warframe in one day. 

i agree with the OP, these mods are pretty hard to even get close to being max rank. i rarely have enough credits to even think about ranking some of these mods up and its hurting the end user exprience. we dont have to have these mods at Max rank, but getting them even 60% or 75% is also really hard. 

Agreed.  I play a lot I think, relatively speaking (at max MR), but not nearly enough to even start maxing a single mod.  A full-time job, bathing, eating, sleeping, and commuting can easily take up 120-ish hours (or more) of a week.  Do you have a significant other? Family? Other obligations?  Even if Warframe was all you did in your spare time, you might not actually have more than 8-12 free in the entire week.  

If an otherwise dedicated player can hit MR 18 (or whatever the max will be in the not-so-distant future), then how long should it take them to max a primed mod when they're spending all their time doing it?  

If you look at geb9696's pre-nerf T4, that haul was over the course of around 8 hours (he estimates 12-14 hours, per nerf).  However, it presupposes being able to put a group together, and I definitely don't have a stack of T4 keys like that.  I guess all the people that stocked up pre-key-pack nerf can reap that benefit too?  Because that would also be a separate set of farming.  So, maybe a month of grinding (before the T4S nerf that we're definitely getting) to max the Primed mods?

Perhaps a better question would be, if you're an "endgame" player with max MR that spends all your free time outside of work/obligations on Warframe, and it would take you a month to max a mod doing nothing but grinding on all your free time.  Is that really the game you want for your veteran players?  Endless grinding?

Edited by (PS4)Zeylon