Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Has An Opportunity To Give Us 2 New Frames With Volt Prime.

(PSN)Silverback73

Volt's strength is also his weakness: Utiiity.

By slightly buffing Volt and then giving Volt Prime a slightly different skillset, you can make BOTH more effective utility frames. Here is my suggestion and I would love feedback :).

1. Volt: the lightly armored " fast as lightning" frame.

Buff 1: Base Speed increase from 1.0 to 1.2 (Loki match)

Buff 2: 10% base duration increase on Speed power.

Buff 3: 1 additional "tick" of damage to Overload, effectively increasing stun.

2. Volt Prime: The Storm Samurai

Buff 1: Base Speed stays at 1.0 but his #2 becomes "shocking speed" without needing a mod.

Buff 2: Armor goes from 15 to 65 or even 115.

Buff 3: 1 additional "tick" of damage to Overload with +10% damage per tick

Buff 4: Additional Polarity Slot

Optional Buff 5: shield size increase of 10%

I'm not really digging this, primes in the past (except excal prime) have always been just a polarity or two different from their base counterparts with a single buff to a specific stat. Deviating from a formula that's already been working starting with Volt would essentially defeat the purpose. People typically want the prime variants because it's the same frame, but shinier and just a little bit better, not because it has differences in the fundamental ways to use their powers and abilities.

Why do you want to buff volt? I'm curious.

Good question:

Regular Volt is seen as "squishy" and lacking in effectiveness with his 4. I see enhanced base speed as a way to make a REALLY great Utility Frame; team movement is better (ironically his number 2 makes him the SLOWEST in the group and teammates often run away from him), melee closing/attack speed is better, etc. The extra tick on Overload is really for a slightly longer Stun Proc; he's not a damage frame IMO.

Volt Prime is more self-explanatory as a Prime.

Thanks all for the input!

No, all of you are seriously missing the point. Volt's overload is crap, and saying "so is x power and y power" or stating that people just want an "OP power" is not constructive. It's a trash ability, the majority of players spec for 2 and 3, never 4(overload). If you dont want him to be a nuker, give him a useful ult that ISNT a nuke. Give him SOMETHING worth my time as a 4. His 4 is crap, and you honestly cant debate that. Even the "8 second stun" is crap because the electric proc is bugged and doesnt even work consistently

No, all of you are seriously missing the point. Volt's overload is crap, and saying "so is x power and y power" or stating that people just want an "OP power" is not constructive. It's a trash ability, the majority of players spec for 2 and 3, never 4(overload). If you dont want him to be a nuker, give him a useful ult that ISNT a nuke. Give him SOMETHING worth my time as a 4. His 4 is crap, and you honestly cant debate that. Even the "8 second stun" is crap because the electric proc is bugged and doesnt even work consistently

Overload is actually a step up in design compared to most radial nukes since it has a stun and the potential to boost its damage (I'm not talking about electronics.)  Compare to Miasma, which does an excessive amount of damage, and RJ, which does less damage but can hit the whole map instantly.  If you think Overload is useless then you probably are just want a win button; Overload is undeniably useful.  "My frame's ultimate can't map-clear as well as another frame's ultimate" is an abhorrent perversion of "feedback" that sends the message to DE that their userbase doesn't care about anything besides big damage numbers and game ease.

. Put another way, Volt's 4 is effective at lvl 3 up to about wave 20. Compared to other 4's, that is inferior.

Overload is actually a step up in design compared to most radial nukes since it has a stun and the potential to boost its damage (I'm not talking about electronics.)  Compare to Miasma, which does an excessive amount of damage, and RJ, which does less damage but can hit the whole map instantly.  If you think Overload is useless then you probably are just want a win button; Overload is undeniably useful.  "My frame's ultimate can't map-clear as well as another frame's ultimate" is an abhorrent perversion of "feedback" that sends the message to DE that their userbase doesn't care about anything besides big damage numbers and game ease.

Your reply tells me you didn't read my post. I said "If you don't want another nuke frame, then give me a worthwhile 4 that ISNT a nuke". Overload is worthless, the stun is buggy the range is crap the damage is crap. Give me a Utility ult, I'd rather have that than a terrible nuke

Regular Volt is seen as "squishy"

Except he's not. He's got a high shield modifier, and his Electric Shield is completely impenetrable. It's only duration based and will never ever go down because it took too many hits.

Edited by Einde

Because the icon means that's the frame I always play, right?

Except he's not. He's got a high shield modifier, and his Electric Shield is completely impenetrable. It's only duration based and will never ever go down because it took too many hits.

His shield is awesome, but some explosives get through it and WRECK you. Make no mistake, Volt is my favorite frame and I don't have a problem as is. I mamde the thread with suggestions that I believe will increase his Utility and allow for greater variation in playstyle. I am not suffering from Nova-envy, lol.

*eyes speculatively*

JUST your 4? Or were you in a group, and did you have to blast away with weapons while those ticks were hitting ;)?

I'd like to see how you are modded out.

Although in a group, nobody was around me and I panicked. After pressing 4 and melee a few times, the some 20 or other enemies around me were gone. I mean, don't get me wrong, I almost died, with 87 health left, but those infested didn't have anything to say about it.

EDIT: By "nobody" I mean my teammates

Edited by Kunsumption

No other prime frame has had a different power set than its predecessor... if we're going to revisit powers with volt prime, we should do so with all other primes as well.

Volt prime could use a base speed boost though.  It's kinda annoying to fall behind your allies when you use speed.  Also overload needs improvement since it's the weakest ult.

Same thing happens with Frost's Snowglobe. It's not something limited to Volt.

Oh, I know. And I know snow globe got nerfed. My point is that while shield is awesome and augments rounds fires through it, it is not an invinciwall.

Don't get me wrong, I love the constantly moving playstyle required for Volt's Utility. I guess the bottom line is that I'd like to see regular Volt modified for speed and Volt Prime more applicable for Mobile assault. If I had to choose 1 buff it would be base speed, and Volt Prime will probably follow the same path as Nyx Prime.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Your reply tells me you didn't read my post. I said "If you don't want another nuke frame, then give me a worthwhile 4 that ISNT a nuke". Overload is worthless, the stun is buggy the range is crap the damage is crap. Give me a Utility ult, I'd rather have that than a terrible nuke

Soma Prime is crap, it has no damage and doesn't red crit; completely pointless prime weapon.  If you're gonna give me a crit weapon make it RED CRIT.

See what I did there?

His shield is awesome, but some explosives get through it and WRECK you. Make no mistake, Volt is my favorite frame and I don't have a problem as is. I mamde the thread with suggestions that I believe will increase his Utility and allow for greater variation in playstyle. I am not suffering from Nova-envy, lol.

This is a good example of modern Warframe feedback: "It is possible for me to die, so X needs buffs."

Oh, I know. And I know snow globe got nerfed. My point is that while shield is awesome and augments rounds fires through it, it is not an invinciwall.

Don't get me wrong, I love the constantly moving playstyle required for Volt's Utility. I guess the bottom line is that I'd like to see regular Volt modified for speed and Volt Prime more applicable for Mobile assault. If I had to choose 1 buff it would be base speed, and Volt Prime will probably follow the same path as Nyx Prime.

I meant invinciwall as in you can shoot it as much as you want and it'll never go down. Ever. It's only going to go down if the duration runs out, and that's it.

The whole "explosions going through walls" thing applies to every wall. No really.

Nope. You're being unrealistic with all these buffs. All I want is a base speed increase. Really.

I am tired of being outsped by teammates when using Speed. This made me minimize AOE, and I now only cast it when no one is in my radius. Quite unsocial and a very bad situation imho. This makes me recall when they nerfed his armour a looong time ago. Could've at least buffed our speed to 1.10 or something. Ideally 1.15, but I'll take whatever they'll throw at me at this point.

Edited by Ratiasu