Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Make Blade Storm Fun

sappinmahsentry

Some people may think it doesn't need to be fixed, however, I want Ash players to have a little bit more fun!

Step 1. Make blade storm rely on melee key presses. Remember Kingdom Hearts? Yeah, kinda like that, Activate BS, and press E when you need to.

Any constructive criticism is accepted and good ideas will be added to the OP.

a staple method to finish a boss is to prompt some key to be pressed/mashed. i figure a random move key (WASD) prompt would determine whether that finisher is successful, and LMB would extend the # targets. oh yeah, and mash jump to attack the same target multiple times... but i'm just rattling on now.

Suprisingly many people complain about this. I kinda like THIS idea since bladestorm relies on casting speed real hard. Adding this would free a mod slot (and ruin some controlers/mouses lol) but that aside...best utility/high dps ability ever. Pack a carrier and you will never have ammu/energy/health problems.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Step 1. Make blade storm rely on melee key presses. Remember Kingdom Hearts? Yeah, kinda like that, Activate BS, and press E when you need to.

Not just blade storm...

Maybe for the others as well, to make them more interactive than "press 4 for a quick cutscene."

Radial Javelin: Mash four to scale up range, stun duration, and damage before stabbing the floor.

Tentacle swarm: Temporarily play as the kraken

Crush: After lifting all targets, aim in any direction and click to fling all enemies in that direction(keep the damage)

Banshee: Guitar hero-esque minigame?

Mesa: Slows down time for everyone, allows you to Dance dance revolution to dodge bullets while shooting.

Rhino: After pressing four, a meter shows up with numbers 100-0. Pressing 4 near 100 will deal double damage, landing at 0 does no bonus damage.(same for oberon?)

Trinity: Quickly type in a bunch of wierd tenno incantations to successfully heal the party.

Nekros: Let us command the specters or whatever they are.

ETC ETC

Personally my only complaint about bladestorm is that it uses loki's holographic thing, I would rather it used exact copies of Ash right down to the color, since technically your not supposed to know which one is the real one. Plus it looks kind of ugly.

I agree. It should be Ash himself just being so fast that it seems like he is in many spots at once.

Some people may think it doesn't need to be fixed, however, I want Ash players to have a little bit more fun!

Any constructive criticism is accepted and good ideas will be added to the OP.

Terrible idea

If that is how bladestorm functioned, I would literally never play Ash ever again

Edited by NocturneOfSolace

I agree. It should be Ash himself just being so fast that it seems like he is in many spots at once.

I love that idea. Make Ash go super fast during Blade Storm that it creates afterimages, like he's everywhere. I don't like the idea that he can summon clones out of nowhere.

Man, I just hate the clones. Clones are just boring. Ash deserves to be more badass... even more badass than he once was. Remember how he was when he single-handedly took on a crowd himself? Well, bring that back and make Ash go beast mode with super speed and creating afterimages of himself. I am not calling for a nerf; I suggest a beefed up Ash going ham on the enemies, which would be equivalent to the lame clones and slow attacking Ash now.

And to the OP, I don't think that's a good idea. It would make the ability too slow. Manual stuff is just too slow. Maybe I am misunderstanding because I don't know what KH is like. The great thing about Blade Storm is that it seeks out targets in the area. Manually using Blade Storm on enemy would mean hidden enemies can't be reached.

Edited by Duyet

Not just blade storm...

Maybe for the others as well, to make them more interactive than "press 4 for a quick cutscene."

Radial Javelin: Mash four to scale up range, stun duration, and damage before stabbing the floor.

Tentacle swarm: Temporarily play as the kraken

Crush: After lifting all targets, aim in any direction and click to fling all enemies in that direction(keep the damage)

Banshee: Guitar hero-esque minigame?

Mesa: Slows down time for everyone, allows you to Dance dance revolution to dodge bullets while shooting.

Rhino: After pressing four, a meter shows up with numbers 100-0. Pressing 4 near 100 will deal double damage, landing at 0 does no bonus damage.(same for oberon?)

Trinity: Quickly type in a bunch of wierd tenno incantations to successfully heal the party.

Nekros: Let us command the specters or whatever they are.

ETC ETC

I like your ideas, especially Crush, Tentacle Swarm and Nekros.