The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime - Updated Visual Design Concept And Suggestion [Artwork Included] _ Version 2.0 Nov.2015

Volkovyi

This is a really great conversion. And also pretty necessary. When you compare all the new frames to Excalibur and Frost Prime, these 2 seem a bit, well, Lacking in the "Primage"

They need a lot more detail, and attention, come on DE, at least tell us why these 2 aren't getting a little more love

• 2 weeks later...

I can't +1 this enough. I'd LOVE for this to happen or for this to become a Deluxe Skin. Though I do think his shin-guards look a little too big in V2. It puts his legs out of proportion.

The Frost rework was okay, it felt like it fixed some things of his abilities that felt outdated, but it didn't synergize his abilities like the Excalibur and Saryn reworks did. I still think Frost needs another revisit ability-wise. I agree he still feels -and is widely used- as a "globe bot".

I think the Tennogen stuff is too expensive in its current state... but if this ever makes it in-game, I might have to make an exception.

Edited by Mr._Clean

I can't +1 this enough. I'd LOVE for this to happen or for this to become a Deluxe Skin. Though I do think his shin-guards look a little too big in V2. It puts his legs out of proportion.

The Frost rework was okay, it felt like it fixed some things of his abilities that felt outdated, but it didn't synergize his abilities like the Excalibur and Saryn reworks did. I still think Frost needs another revisit ability-wise. I agree he still feels -and is widely used- as a "globe bot".

I think the Tennogen stuff is too expensive in its current state... but if this ever makes it in-game, I might have to make an exception.

Well said, it does feel like Frost's "rework" is not a rework in the same sense like Excalibur and Saryn's. In fact it is more like a bigger just "retouch" and some buffing. As a fellow Frost player since u7, I must say I feel my role as a Globe-bot has changed very little. I would like to see him gain some more synergy to play as a tanky Battle-mage as his looks suggest.

What would you do if you could rework his abilities?

I must say i'm actually pretty happy with the rework instead, it made that max range efficiency build i used a lot more useful. The only thing that imho is missing is some way to throw around frozen mobs, and personally i'd go with Ice Wave for that. Any mobs caight by Ice Wave when frozen would be pushed away moderately fast, maybe speed scaling on range or strenght?

Other than that i'm pretty happy about the rework really.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

for immortal style re-skin, not model changing. Unless changing the normal map is enough for it.

He is right. This would require actual modeled additions to the model, which for now is unavailable in Tennogen. I can not currently make this Frost Prime design the way I envisioned it to be.

He is right. This would require actual modeled additions to the model, which for now is unavailable in Tennogen. I can not currently make this Frost Prime design the way I envisioned it to be.

Right now the most we can hope for is model editing for WarFrames or otherwise armor contests.

Short of that, another possibility is Frost umbra, though I'd be hesitant about making umbra any more of a thing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Volkovyi said:

Thank you everyone for the support so far! I am happy to read all your lovely comments over the time. Alas if time permits I was planning to create an updated Excalibur Prime as well, but we shall see how things go...

Please yes!

I really like the design, you kept the essence of him, but still made him look like the other primes.

As far as the rework goes, I liked it, but I really miss newer mechanics and better synergy. All of Frost's abilities stayed more or less the same, staying quite old school and pretty boring. In both the new reworks as the new warframes there's a lot of synergy, you can combine abilities to create stronger effects. That is what Frost really needs, and what made me kinda put him away. I'm starting to use the newer frames more and more, because they're way more interesting to play with than Frost, where you place a globe, or use avalanche. 

• 4 weeks later...

Love the artwork keeping with frosts dapper side. Frost could use without icewave honestly. If we could bring the durabillity of snow globe onto a moving platform, even if it for frost only, something like a glacier armor. Add a chance to freeze near by foes, along with a buff to shield and amor values as a toggle ablity would make him more of a threat. His kit should focus around the best offence is a good defence mentality.at least this is how i played him, forgoing damage for control and survivability. Q was to remove threats immediately( not kill, my latron prime or paris prime did that), snow globe denies long range, avalanche did heafty damage but all i really used it for was the stun effect when that was popular. I would be fine if frost turned into something like loki or vauban as a utility frame. Take away avalanche's damage and make it just the stun, snow globe is fine( reliable as what it is). Give him a buff ability ( something that will make his flagship move be on a more personal level,) and leave his q as is. All those who have played this game for a long time know utility makes a frame viable anywhere.Since frost is the battle mage esk frame, he should be the god for that role.

6 hours ago, RoyalRuger said:

Love the artwork keeping with frosts dapper side. Frost could use without icewave honestly. If we could bring the durabillity of snow globe onto a moving platform, even if it for frost only, something like a glacier armor. Add a chance to freeze near by foes, along with a buff to shield and amor values as a toggle ablity would make him more of a threat. His kit should focus around the best offence is a good defence mentality.at least this is how i played him, forgoing damage for control and survivability. Q was to remove threats immediately( not kill, my latron prime or paris prime did that), snow globe denies long range, avalanche did heafty damage but all i really used it for was the stun effect when that was popular. I would be fine if frost turned into something like loki or vauban as a utility frame. Take away avalanche's damage and make it just the stun, snow globe is fine( reliable as what it is). Give him a buff ability ( something that will make his flagship move be on a more personal level,) and leave his q as is. All those who have played this game for a long time know utility makes a frame viable anywhere.Since frost is the battle mage esk frame, he should be the god for that role.

While I do agree that Frost is the "battle mage" aesthetic, that he should be a force to be reckoned with on the field, I disagree with the trend in Warframe where utility trumps power. And so, the suggestion that Frost should be entirely utility as you suggest with Loki or Vauban.

Something that has been always said for Warframe play style is the feeling of power your players should have, that we can wipe out hundreds of enemy units with unique skills only the player can do. That makes it fun and exciting, and it should be complimented with powerful powers. I feel there is a fair way to buff Frost, make him focus more on a balance of power and survivability with synergy between his powers, not entirely de-claw him so to speak and rely solely on weaponry and utility.

Any shooter game can rely on weaponry for combat, Warframes and their powers makes this game unique. Its always difficult to find a fair scaling mechanic with damage, while it is easier to find utility that acts the same whether the enemy is level 1 or 100.

On 3/24/2016 at 8:19 PM, icemasterJ said:

I really like the design, you kept the essence of him, but still made him look like the other primes.

As far as the rework goes, I liked it, but I really miss newer mechanics and better synergy. All of Frost's abilities stayed more or less the same, staying quite old school and pretty boring. In both the new reworks as the new warframes there's a lot of synergy, you can combine abilities to create stronger effects. That is what Frost really needs, and what made me kinda put him away. I'm starting to use the newer frames more and more, because they're way more interesting to play with than Frost, where you place a globe, or use avalanche. 

I agree, the unique and creative ways the new Warframes function in general really are more fun and useful. Ice in nature is a powerful element, with Frost I think of glaciers and tundras, slow moving but powerful, indestructible, magnificent, and so on. That's why I feel the Freeze and Ice Wave ability are reduntant, both are a damage ability that is cast forward and could easily be combined into one powerful ice wave with permanent freezing effects and debuffs enemies, and have a whole new ability granted that helps with Frost's synergy.