Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Horror Based Game Mode

Alimuzzaman1

So far , Warframe has been a very good sci fi game, it would be very nice if a new horror game mode is made by DE to get more thrill,like a map in a dead dark city(earth or new planet)(brand new tileset of a dead city) to claim lost artifact( or new concept for game objective) which is dark(night)(warframes or weapon carrying flashlight) heavy raining environment filled with deadly infested units(not to mention ordinary ones) kinda semi open world or sandbox.Would really appreciate the thrill

the scenario is like this this: dead city(example: pripyat or zombie cities or post war city)(brand new tileset), heavy rain and thunder, advanced deadly infested lurking around(sudden stealth attack from them)(mid game encounter) which gives actual creeps n makes tenno to be extra careful barely visible without flashlight ....u guys know where im proceeding....

Edited by alimuzzaman1

I'd be interested but what I love about warframe is feeling like I can fight the enemies most modern Horror games are about running away not Fanging the enemy in the Gut

Reminds me of Haunting Ground, it was the only game of the "90% of the time you can only run away" genre that I played, and I quiet liked, but we are OP Supér Humans in OP Armor, a Survival Horror situation wont happen in this game.... at least for long, even if we had our shields broken, energy depleted, weapons destroyed just like Mirage when she was defeated by the Sentients but were able to escape and had to run.

A new horror / infested tileset would be fun.

I think it should have new mechanics other maps dont have that could enhance the sense of fear and anticipation.

Such as making the entire tileset covered in a strange magnetic cloud. At random times it disables the players HUD's so we wont be able to see our crosshairs, mini map, shields / hp, ammo/power count, etc..

Or random parts of the tileset could fall apart dropping the tenno into a different area (like in the lephantis boss fight).

These would leave us with the sense of anticipation never knowing where we might end up on the map, and possibly a slight sense of fear once our HUD disables since we would no longer have its visual aid.

or, that Halloween event, with the white-noise fog like texture. that was acutally pritty scary

Yes please. They should make an infested manic grineer too for a stealthy infested creature that stalks you from the ceilings, screeching very loudly before leaping on you and pinning you.

A. Move to fan concepts pls.

B. We're Tenno. We don't do Survival Horror. We are the horrors the cannon fodder of Origin attempts to Survive from.

C. That being said, it'd be pretty awesome if for Stealth 1.0, we could sneak through vents and pull dudes down to brutally murder, and then pop the body out to scare his dudebros.

Edited by S.T.M.P.D

The really horror games I've played so far, are usually having the enemies stronger than you. You are inadequate to fight back most of the time so what you do is usually hiding and running away. 

Giving that in Warframe we are so powerful, I doubt a true horror element is possible...

to make it scary you would need some badass enemies and lots of empty tension building low visibility map. 4 Tenno vs 12 stalker type enemies, but when you load into the mission two of your weapons are randomly missing so you only have one random weapon. I would like that, but I am a bit crazy.

Or even worse this mission appears at random so you get this instead of the mission you thought you,we're going to be doing!

Edited by GrimwarAlpha1

The really horror games I've played so far, are usually having the enemies stronger than you. You are inadequate to fight back most of the time so what you do is usually hiding and running away. 

Giving that in Warframe we are so powerful, I doubt a true horror element is possible...

hmm fair enough ,but lets see....as this this game has endless possibilities..