Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Door Standing Map Abusers, When Will It Stop?

elspinaczio

Hi,

Recently I'm encountering massive problem on Stephano: map exploiting "players", who stand in open doors making all spawn there be non-existent and leeching exp being semi-afk or full afk.

Why nobody make something with this S#&$ty behaviour? Simpliest way would be mechanism which works in Tower sabotage missions - when you get too close to the unopened portal, you get simply pushed away! Why not implementing this to Inteception missions (for example - after sitting around doors longer than 5 seconds you get pushed back).

Kthxbai

But...that's not how a door works... it opens when someone gets close and closes when not...

The gametype Interception was not designed for rep farming. You can't say to the developers that they should put something to accommodate a spawn exploit. Besides, the lesser spawn benefits people that play Interception as it is intended, to stop the enemy team from capping any points. No enemies, no capping. Besides, even if the guy gets pushed back, the dude's line of sight is still gonna hit the spawn areas and stop the spawn.

Although I do agree that people screwing up spawns is quite annoying, especially survival.

Portals in Sabotage and Doors in grineer tileset (used by that interception) are two different things. If you would do that how would you explain these kind of doors everywhere but only on interceptions being so "OP" against Teeno?

Personally I didn't see that kind of behaviour more than once or twice from 2 to 3 players who just blocked 1 door for the very purpose of stoping the spawn. I think we all know which one...

I'm not talking about rep farming, the topic is mostly about semi or full afk  FREE EXP LEECHING. On Stephano map (Uranus) you have 1 sweet spot (I think it's the B tower on the top of the ramp) greatly abused by all kind of low lvl or fragile frames that want to exp themselves but don't want to die while running on the map, so they just stand in opened door, preventing all kind of spawns there and getting FREE exp. This is map exploiting. Deal with it kids.

Same kind of "exploit" can be done in any other map. If you see that kind of behaviour just leave. Stephano as i recall was by default an exp/core farm. Some people go there to exp/carry (cause of keys at 4th round) and some are plain A******s and leech.

Note: if you want to be taken seriously don't use phrase as

Deal with it kids.

Edited by Kasarian

It's a bad exploit but i'm not sure how it could be fixed properly to prevent it.

Adding a push mechanic like you mentioned would become a nuisance and most likely just annoy everyone. 

The best solution for the issue i can think of is having enemies spawn behind red doors (the ones you cant open) that way players cant abuse their spawn locations. On top of this they should still be able to spawn behind doors we can open to prevent people from just camping by the red doors