Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Good F2P Shooters Out There?

Yazeth

Hi. I've been looking for a new F2P Shooter for a while. Here are some games that I've already looked at and tried:

TF2

WARFRAME (duh)

Double Action Boogaloo

Fistful of Frags

Firefall

Defiance

Loadout

AVA

Combat Arms

Hawken

Planetside 2 (still playing from tie to time, but I suck. xP)

Robocraft

ZMR

SD Gundam Capsule Fighter (- .-)

Microvolts

Shooters that I might try (again):

Ghost Recon Phantoms

Blacklight Retribution

Dirty Bomb (once I get a key and Beta starts)

FEAR Online (suppose to be horror, but not much horror imo :/ ) nvm, thanks Scrublord

WARFACE

Tribes Ascend

As you can see, I'm quite the shooter fan. So, can you guys make any more suggestions, or discuss about the games I've listed here?

Edited by Yazeth

I like Blacklight: Retribution. Other than the most of the shooters I play I pay upfront for.

Alot of people are saying that the devs abandoned the game or something, any clue what that meant? Isn't it just that the dev team changed or something?

If you can find people on it, Tribes: Ascend is still loads of fun. It's just finding people that is the not so fun part. HiRez has strange priorities.

Huh, that part's a bit new. Did the playerbase shrank or something?

There's Nosgoth which is a third person 4 v 4 asymmetric shooter, one team plays as a group of vampires, the other plays as a group of vampire hunters. 

There's also All Points Bulletin, but that one is pretty ehhh. 

I have a friend who plays that. Might have to try it. :)

i know you said F2P, but that doesn't mean i'm going to only say F2P games.

'Minimum' is probably worth taking a look at.

'Ring Runner' is a fantastic game.

and actual F2P ones.

Gear Up

Renegade X

War Thunder

Loadout

there's certainly a lot more out there, but i only suggest things that i think are worth playing. some things don't end up on such lists because i haven't played them.

Edit:

Alot of people are saying that the devs abandoned the game or something, any clue what that meant? Isn't it just that the dev team changed or something?

the game was sold to someone else.

i've quite liked it in the past. however, not as much nowadays. primarily due to the Accuracy, Recoil, and Kick / Muzzle Climb system being changed.

before, Weapons functioned somewhat like real Firearms.

now, they're artificial Difficulty, suggesting that Firearms require you to play finger dancing in order to hold one and fire it correctly.

Edited by taiiat

i know you said F2P, but that doesn't mean i'm going to only say F2P games.

'Minimum' is probably worth taking a look at.

'Ring Runner' is a fantastic game.

and actual F2P ones.

Gear Up

Renegade X

War Thunder

Loadout

there's certainly a lot more out there, but i only suggest things that i think are worth playing. some things don't end up on such lists because i haven't played them.

Edit:

the game was sold to someone else.

i've quite liked it in the past. however, not as much nowadays. primarily due to the Accuracy, Recoil, and Kick / Muzzle Climb system being changed.

before, Weapons functioned somewhat like real Firearms.

now, they're artificial Difficulty, suggesting that Firearms require you to play finger dancing in order to hold one and fire it correctly.

Ugh. I wanted to play Minimum, but I don't have any sort of cash I can spare (poor student here T.T). I'll take a look at some gameplays and review before deciding whether I should save up for that game or not. Hopefully it goes on sale at one point.

Gotta take a closer look at Ring Runner

Gear Up reminds me of Robocraft. I'll try it during the weekends I guess.

Renegade X... maybe. I tried it once, but it was hard for me to get into the game in the beginning. I'll give it another shot.

I've never actually played a vehicle-based shooter before (like, vehicles only), so I might try War Thunder. Maybe World of Tanks as well, but idk yet.

Thanks for the suggestions!

FFFF. Minimum was on sale last month. T.T

Edited by Yazeth

Gotta take a closer look at Ring Runner

I've never actually played a vehicle-based shooter before (like, vehicles only), so I might try War Thunder. Maybe World of Tanks as well, but idk yet.

i should be more accurate about my recommendation for Ring Runner. it is an example of Technical Excellence. it's one of the best Video Games i've ever played in my entire life.

the Player is never limited in what they can do to tackle situations, customization is off the freaking rails, yet the game is balanced.

it has so much personality. there is flavor text oozing out of the game. like, the Flavor Text is all really interesting, relevant to the game, and in an absurd volume. some pieces of Equipment almost have short novels as Flavor Text @.@

i'm a huge nitpicking bastard yet i have almost nothing to pick about for Ring Runner. it's beautiful to see. nothing was sacrificed in the game.

the things i do have to pick about aren't problems with the game itself, rather things 'outside' of the game. such as the scroll bars on Menus aren't that obvious, and don't look like scroll bars. this means that in say, Video Settings, you might think there's a lot less there than there really is. just always try to scroll every menu to make sure you've seen all the options. there's usually more than meets the eye.

and that Ships have a maximum rotation speed. it makes sense for space and for balance. but it's still mildly annoying.

----------

i think it's worth going for it. War Thunder, unlike World of Tanks, gives you the option to choose what sort of 'difficulty' you want.

this means that Players that want to play Call of Duty with a vehicle textures on the Players, they can.

but there's also the option for Semi-Realistic and Hardcore Realism gameplay.

you get options.

Wargaming's titles are 100% Call of Duty or some other 200% arcade game. vehicle stats and balance is all made up out of the air.

not a very professional way of going about it IMO.

Gaijin isn't perfect either, but they've decided that instead of falsifying vehicle specs and changing them for balance, they'll change the Matches they play in instead.

so if blah blah Aircraft, Ground Vehicle, or Naval Vessel is OP or out of it's league in the matches it's getting in, they'll just adjust it's Matches to more or less powerful vehicles.

that way, you don't need to make up fake stats to have balance. yes, that does mean that some Vehicles will see other Vehicles that are a couple years newer than them, but the Vehicles are being balanced around combat performance, with timeline being a secondary priority.

because it's first and foremost, a game. having things balanced in a fun way, is most important. and as far as i'm concerned, War Thunder achieves this.

World of Tanks to me feels like playing Counter Strike. with all of the frustration that comes along with the feeling that the Enemy Team is always cheating and your Allies are always durps.

i guess that was a really long way to say that Gaijin Entertainment not only has more accurate information for their game (a much larger storage of the actual vehicles they have in their game, and taking the information accurately, rather than basing it off of hearsay about vehicles), and gives Players the options to choose their style of game, so that Players can do what they find most enjoyment with, rather than a game that wants them to conform to the only thing it has to offer you.

i could probably keep talking for another hour but i'll cut it here.

Planetside 2 is apparently a game that the creative director said doesn't have a difficulty curve so much as it has a difficulty cliff. You really gotta spend some time dieing a lot before you get to the fun stuff. I'm still getting there.

Trust me, though. When Planetside 2 is fun, it's really fun.

Also, did you try Neotokyo? I've heard that's pretty good stuff.