The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anti Afk Timer Kills The Only Viable Hydroid Build

---Merchant---

Hi I talk about Undertow no hp no shield build 
how it works->you use power strenght,power efficiency[75%] curative undertow[optional] primed flow and
energy syphon/corrosive projection

Now you place yourself into enemy way so they all get sucked up [in infested mission it is cryopod in deffense doors
in interception consoles/door

now you equip rakta ballistica or anything that gives energy  

I can stay in this form and perfectly deffend obiective for days or months but 2 minutes is enougt for afk timer to mark me ''afker''  if i stop using it i m vulnerable [1 shoted] so It is anti-build
and something like AFK timer should not put pressure of this kind on us

also many button spamers are affected by afk timer so they have to walk around for no reason just to do not get marked like afker

Do you think It is worthy trade off?Considering how underused hydroid is I would claim so.

1. buff hydroid to do not be some utiliti tentacle kawaii desu creep
2. fix afk timer
3. ignore problems and smoke [can not type what] every day [thug life]

Who knew? 

I am shocked.  Next I'm going to hear that the frames I play aren't viable and all the T4 I've been soloing never happened and it was all a dream

well as I said as long as you can shoot your gammacor you are viable but I talk about Viable ability build and this one is top for making u immortal and eliminate enemy instantly [kill take longer but u do not need to kill them ]

not even close to the only viable thing

do i need to type ''as long as u can shoot with gammacor'' thing again and again?

Edited by MidoriFuse

The AFK timer is creating more problems than it aims to solve right now. including non-afkers losing void rewards. 

It seems the AFK logic only takes movement into account and not anything else. 

there are other bugs in the Void rewards as well splitting the team into 2 uneven parts of the rewards, where a group gets the first set of rewards, and the other group gets the other part. 

Keep raising the issue in a respectful way, but don't let it die. DE will get their hands into it and fix. 

(hopefully soon soon, not Soon™)

well as I said as long as you can shoot your gammacor you are viable but I talk about Viable ability build and this one is top for making u immortal and eliminate enemy instantly [kill take longer but u do not need to kill them ]

do i need to type ''as long as u can shoot with gammacor'' thing again and again?

That's not what viable means.  

Viable means "it is possible to achieve said objective."  What you are talking about is optimal,  or at least optimal from your point of view.  

Viable means "it is possible to achieve said objective."  What you are talking about is optimal,  or at least optimal from your point of view.  

well u can achieve any obiective in this game by afking so afking is viable 

actually viable have many meanings so taking in account just 1 is weird from your side

capable of living.
Physiology.
  1. physically fitted to live.
  2. (of a fetus) having reached such a stage of development as to becapable of living, under normal conditions, outside the uterus.
Botany. able to live and grow.
vivid; real; stimulating, as to the intellect, imagination, or senses:
a period of history that few teachers can make viable for students.
practicable; workable:
a viable alternative.
having the ability to grow, expand, develop, etc.:
a new and viable country.

etc [copyed from google ofcourse]

well u can achieve any obiective in this game by afking so afking is viable 

actually viable have many meanings so taking in account just 1 is weird from your side

capable of living.
Physiology.
  1. physically fitted to live.
  2. (of a fetus) having reached such a stage of development as to becapable of living, under normal conditions, outside the uterus.
Botany. able to live and grow.
vivid; real; stimulating, as to the intellect, imagination, or senses:
a period of history that few teachers can make viable for students.
practicable; workable:
a viable alternative.
having the ability to grow, expand, develop, etc.:
a new and viable country.

etc [copyed from google ofcourse]

Ok, so using all of those definitions of viable, your statement that your particular build is the ONLY viable build is still false, it is not the ONLY viable build.  Your blanket statement implies that Hydroid is incapable of succeeding at game objectives in any other way, and that DE is willfully making Hydroid worthless because there is only this one way to play hyrdroid.

Edited by Gelkor

Ok, so using all of those definitions of viable, your statement that your particular build is the ONLY viable build is still false, it is not the ONLY viable build.

here is another

but anyway my point stands because It is best build for this frame that you play with words does not make u big guy on the itnernets

6. best and most usefull alternative capable of sucesfully finishing said actions .

edit:also this is only end game viable build by any definition because It can instantly eliminate level 1bilion enemy and other builds that do 2k dps top do not stand chance

I'm pretty sure my Hydroid moves around a bit more.  Curative undertow, intensify, yada yada.  Gotta run around like a good space ninja pirate shooting stuff and droping the jet propelled hammer.

You move with hydroid? You are doing something wrong m8.

:^) I guess u like different game-play style

Edited by MidoriFuse

A solution DE could implement is to allow movement while in puddle form, but at a 75%-90% speed reduction. Now you can puddle and move to avoid the timer, but can't just use it like an invisibility stealth ability.

Heck, they could even add an ability mod card that allows you to move at normal speed, but with a trade-off of that you no longer suck people inside, but maybe just cause knockdown.

Gentlebr@s, I think we're losing scope here. 

It doesn't matter whether this is the *only* viable build or not. Nitpicking over this single detail in OP's description is drifting away from the core of the post. 

OP claims that this build is not viable anymore because of the AFK code. The meat of the matter in the discussion is how big of a problem is being caused by the AFK code. 

I see it as another indication of the problems of the AFK code, which is still very new and should be banged upon to reach a much more refined state, so as to not unfairly remove rewards. 

Right now AFK code is picking up too many false positives. 

Read title, read post, laughed.  That's the lazy way to play hyrdoid, so much so I don't understand why you'd even do it, it is boring as hell. 

The afk timer is clunky and doesn't do much, and often hurts rather than helps.  But that doesn't change that "playing" hydroid like that is pretty much not playing, so honestly the AFK timer going off while "playing" like that is justified since its hardly different than actually going afk. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Gentlebr@s, I think we're losing scope here. 

It doesn't matter whether this is the *only* viable build or not. Nitpicking over this single detail in OP's description is drifting away from the core of the post. 

OP claims that this build is not viable anymore because of the AFK code. The meat of the matter in the discussion is how big of a problem is being caused by the AFK code. 

I see it as another indication of the problems of the AFK code, which is still very new and should be banged upon to reach a much more refined state, so as to not unfairly remove rewards. 

Right now AFK code is picking up too many false positives. 

Someone is able to read with understanding

''clap-clap''

I can stay in this form and perfectly deffend obiective for days or months but 2 minutes is enougt for afk timer to mark me ''afker'' if i stop using it i m vulnerable [1 shoted] so It is anti-build

and something like AFK timer should not put pressure of this kind on us

also many button spamers are affected by afk timer so they have to walk around for no reason just to do not get marked like afker

Glad you've brought it up. Maybe it's time to rework that ability so that the AFKers would stop abusing it, or even allow Hydroid gets to stay invincible that long. Edited by ndantony