Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If You Are Using Powers, More Than Once A Mission... You Are Exploiting!

achromos

What i found hilarious about people who say we are exploiting powers are often the same ones who themselves using pretty high end weapons too.

Personally I use everything in my arsenal.

I played Nova for the Escalation that means I can't use AMD and only use 1 and 4 (wormhole isn't needed since heavy directional melee is good enough for such a small map).

Oh derp Imma abuser omg !

Edited by fatpig84

to figure out if you are exploiting, refer to this cheat-sheet

1.) Are you going to use 1-2-3-4? Yes

2.) Have you used 1-2-3-4in the last five minutes? Yes

3.) Do you frequently use 1-2-3-4?  Yes

Then:  You are exploiting the game and should feel bad.

1.) Are you going to use 1-2-3-4? Yes

2.) Have you used 1-2-3-4in the last five minutes? no

3.) Do you frequently use 1-2-3-4?  no

Then:  You are fine

1.) Are you going to use 1-2-3-4? Never!

Then:  You are a true pro and everyone should bow down to you and play your way.

Seriously though, this mentality is annoying.  If i wanted to never use my abilities and just run/gun I'd play a generic FPS.  People either need to play with their close knit friends and let others play how they want or just continue to be unhappy in life.

Let's watch people think that I am against ability use because they don't want to read the full post <3

giphy.gif

or you could ... un-spoiler your actual opinion and be direct instead of receiving up-votes from the wrong crowd who may have over-looked the spoiler.

I agree though completely which is why I worked with a group and still am in the process of developing Tactic Selections :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/383582-tactic-selections-putting-a-stop-to-macro-farming-rng-and-grind-walls/#entry4231027

The only things distinguishing Warframe from anything else out there are Abilities and Mod Customization

Players that attack the use of Abilities are attacking what makes this game unique.

Conclave based missions that seek to reduce how much customized equipment you can bring to a mission and/or how far equipment has had customization nerfed.. are attacking the very thing that makes this game unique.

Wouldn't it be a better test of player skill to see how well both are used in conjunction instead of throwing challenges at players that remove all of this from their arsenal?

There is no problem with a challenge that targets a specific skill but why limit conclave?  this will only result in players having to shed parts that are used to support a particular skill set.  There are plenty of games out there that test a players raw skills.. warframe doesn't need to join their ranks if it is able to test a players skills using what makes the game more unique.

To look at this logically, a game based around these key unique features should in fact be next to impossible to complete without a level of dependence on them.  If they are not necessary to some extent then why have them in the game at all?

Edited by Jax_Cavalera

Using Abilities = Cheat

Then might as well claim this

Warframe = Cheat

1.) Are you going to use 1-2-3-4? Never!

Then:  You are a true pro and everyone should bow down to you and play your way.

This reminds me of TEI (The Elitist Idiots in short) in COD games who think everyone should noscope and only use theyr approved gear or GTFO and uninstall the game.

All above aside.

Why putting spoilers OP? DId you need flamewar to warm your bathwater or something?

On my personal opinion, its the matter of perspective.

A low level player with bad gear will be &!$$ed if a High ranking player will kill everything with 1 stomp. Have felt that stuff and wasnt nice.

What was challenging to do was to beat him in % of damage you did and win with highest kills. Was awesome.

But as a high rank player who finds Solo Survivals amusing, using only weapons will yield a net profit of 10-15 minutes of fun. Abilities can double to triple that. Also its awesome to use radial javelin to pin entire attack wave to wall.

or you could ... un-spoiler your actual opinion and be direct instead of receiving up-votes from the wrong crowd who may have over-looked the spoiler.

I don't have it spoilered to get up-votes from the 'wrong crowd'  I have it spoilered because it is a personal little social experiment to see how well people can read.  You'd be surprised how many people miss spoilers.

Senseless.. not using abilities renders out the main part of the game, which is about warframe combination to get the most use out of their abilities combined

This is exactly what the OP said, just in picture form. It's still true none the less.

It's funny how this proves people didn't read the full post.

Edited by NinjaSnipe11

I certainly do not care if someone abuse of an ability (except when they steal me kills) but honestly I think that warframe has so many features that is kind of a waste to just use the ultimate to get away with every situation.

For instance I do enjoy killing enemies with parries, it doesn't mean I didn't abuse Radial Disarm for the last Tactical Alert.

Read full post and I fully agree.

Also, interesting experiment.

Ability spaming is a robotic, funless and souless playstyle.

If you mean nonstop radial javiln from Excalibur with that, I agree, even if I'm sad that Draco getting nerfed makes it harder to level weapons.

If you mean keeping skills like Invisibility or Hall of Mirrors up full-time, or even disarming everyone on the map, I disagree.

To the guy who was talking about Ash spam, which power specifically?

Almost certainly Ash's ultimate, the Blade Storm.

we need more nullifiers lol

Not sure if sarcasm or not. The ones we do have already reduced viability of super-long-missions because debuff skills no longer affect every enemy.

Personally I wish that Nullifier radius and shield durability was nerfed a bit.

I somewhat agree with this, But not fully.

For one yes powers do give us ways to bypass challenges that we could probably do without them ( I mean that's pretty much what powers are for most of the time )

But say this event restricted powers, I feel if that where the case it would have drastically cut down on the amount of team strategy, With probably one of the only tactics being used is "Stick together and keep dropping health restores" I know that wouldn't be the only tactic but its the one I would use because I don't mod my frames to be ultimate tanks and would die instantly.

I saw amazing teamwork from this tactical alert and it was almost completely around powers, I joined quite a few squads for that tac alert and we all discussed different power strategy's that could possibly work to not only defend 4 points but to also stay alive in the process, We would switch out to stun enemies while others regained energy and each person had a specific role based on their warframe powers.

This doesn't mean Im apposed to the idea that there should be some non-power skill involved in warframe, I would love to see more done to the mechanics outside of warframe powers that help the player equally to an ability they would usually rely on, An interesting but crazy idea I thought of is a tactical alert where you are unarmed with no powers and you must rely on your Parkour and jump kick skills to both avoid damage and eliminate enemies whilst also using the terrain as a weapon, Knocking enemies into pits of fire and wall-running to avoid damage, this would probably extremely hard but it would at least force players to think outside the box just like this event did to me.

Edit: Oh it is sarcasm.. Derp.

If only I didn't miss the spoiler :/

Edited by KyleDelta

You say that, but the rest of your post makes it obvious you didn't actually read the entire starting post.

I'll give you a hint: There a spoiler you need to click.

Edit: Oh it is sarcasm.. Derp.

If only I didn't miss the spoiler :/

Edited by KyleDelta