Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keysharing A Solotion To Users

Your_Real_Father

So i like to run keyshares. But it happens often that someone drops out of the group when its their turn to use the key.

And with keys like for mutalist alad V you get realy &!$$ed about that. there's no way to report those ppl.

So why can't there be a key pool. When you start a group for keysharing set it on keyshare (instead of invite only,....)

Before the games are starting everybody needs too select his/her key and offer (like in the dojo with trading)

After that everyone needs too accept.

Now all keys are in one pool and the keys belong not too the person but too the group.

Now if someone gets out of the group the keys still remain in the pool.

(Let me know if the're any problems with this system)

Idea from KuroShiranui:

For each number of keys shared, the mission would be lengthened. say if you're doing a capture, there would be more targets to capture in a single void mission, maybe like for 2 keys, there are 4 capture targets instead of 2. For 4 keys there would be as much as 8 targets for a mission. The number of rewards then would be depending on the number of keys used, 2 rewards for 2 keys, 3 rewards for 3 keys, etc. 

This would ensure everyone to play the mission because they would only know the rewards after they finish the mission. If you got disconnected there would be plenty of time to rejoin the squad, ensuring that you won't lose your share in the key. This will cut down the time taken, because you only need to go to the objective and go to extraction one time per mission, instead of 4 times on 4 separate missions.

Defense could have longer waves depending on theplayer count in the keyshare

Idea The _Doc:

Each defense wave could be called Wave 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, each with the same difficulty. Basically extending the session x4 (in the case of 4 keys).

Survival enemy level scaling could happen 1/X slower, etc.

Edited by Your_Real_Father

But what happens if you get the thing you're looking for on the third key? The owner of the fourth one would then be forced to loose theirs because you got lucky.

No, the owner of the 4th key would still be able to run the mission. They could invite someone to fill the group so they aren't disadvantaged by numbers.

No, the owner of the 4th key would still be able to run the mission. They could invite someone to fill the group so they aren't disadvantaged by numbers.

So you waste the key by running it after you've already gotten everything you need. Still the same problem.

People could drop out of the game due to connection issues. The player may not be able to reconnect even arfter the mission ends, or the the group may not reinvite that person.

-Connection between players can be terrible some times

-Exploitable

Edited by Postal_pat

People could drop out of the game due to connection issues. The player may not be able to reconnect even arfter the mission ends, or the the group may not reinvite that person.

-Exploitable

That problem also exist in a normal keyshare. And if you disconnect i thought you will get a pop up if you want to join the group again. But i never tried that so far.

-Exploitable

the 4th key still remain in the pool. And as host i think you want to use all keys. That could be a problem if you leave as host. (any solutions on that also welcome)

Maybe a timer to get back too the group before they can invite someone else

Edited by Your_Real_Father

-Exploitable

If you d/c from the game you can reconnect to the last squad you were in before you crashed. 

sounds very good, compromising with the group via system would be healthy, however its more than predictable that hosting problems, disconnections and such things would require work in fixes, like choosing host without disbanding the group, and actually being able to test the viability of the host without having to start a mission

I've yet to see a case of the button actualy working.

It happened to me sometimes after the game has frozen
Edited by rockscl

How about like this:

For each number of keys shared, the mission would be lengthened. say if you're doing a capture, there would be more targets to capture in a single void mission, maybe like for 2 keys, there are 4 capture targets instead of 2. For 4 keys there would be as much as 8 targets for a mission. The number of rewards then would be depending on the number of keys used, 2 rewards for 2 keys, 3 rewards for 3 keys, etc. 

This would ensure everyone to play the mission because they would only know the rewards after they finish the mission. If you got disconnected there would be plenty of time to rejoin the squad, ensuring that you won't lose your share in the key. This will cut down the time taken, because you only need to go to the objective and go to extraction one time per mission, instead of 4 times on 4 separate missions.

The only problem is that of the endless missions.

Edited by KuroShiranui

How about like this:

Good idea. Each wave can also be longer in a defense mission. so that would not be a big problem. Only in surival would this be a problem.

How about like this:

+1 this idea

But what happens if you get the thing you're looking for on the third key? The owner of the fourth one would then be forced to loose theirs because you got lucky.

I got my last Hydroid part on Vay Hek key share...I still had yet to use my key. I stuck around and used my key.  Everyone got the last Hydroid part they needed on my key.  Simple morals.

Each defense wave could be called Wave 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, each with the same difficulty. Basically extending the session x4 (in the case of 4 keys).

Survival enemy level scaling could happen 1/X slower, etc.

But if they have what they wanted they don't need the keys to run it anymore.

Get logic'd.

I dunno about you, but I got Mesa before my brother who also would want to get her. If I participated in OP's idea, I would loose my key that I would otherwise have been able to give to him. 

I remember when I was doing keyshares to get mesa.  Almost all of them went great.  I did run into one keyshare where the first two guys (host+friend) only had one key between them but this wasn't made clear until we did three runs (host made it sound like his friend gave him the coords to build his key implying he had two keys).  Then there was the last keyshare I did for Mesa: the host of the keyshare did his hosting I volunteered second but the host couldn't connect to any of our games (connection failed error), we did a run without him and got the systems.  I feel I still owe him a mutalist key but I forgot his name...

I really like the idea of boosting the mission difficulty in some form by having some or all teammates also use their keys at the same time.  Higher risk, higher/more rewards.  

But then I realize how jaded I am: RNG is bad, drop tables only get worse.  Average farming time only goes up, never down.