The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The U16 Anticipation Megathread

DonGheddo

Nova's Prime Access ends on March 17th. After that Volt's Prime Access will come at least a week later, March 24th at the earliest. So U16 can still come this week or next week, if it's to be released before Volt's PA.

they already released the teaser though, 

Also pointing out, from the last several Prime Access packages being shifted around due to the holidays, I actually have 18 days of boosters left, compared to the 'normal' one week interval between one set wearing off and the next being introduced.

U16 is going to release on March 18th. Wednesday updates people. Keep calm. They'll put the game files in the update and then activate them with a simple "yes" instead of "no" with a hotfix, that's how generally game codes work. (rudimentary knowledge, can anyone confirm ?)

So the Update is coming on March 18 or tomorrow since Mid march starts today for me. (College student woes)

they implied that nothing will come until update 16 releases, thats the point. no updates no hot fixes, nothing

AFAIK, we get the big Updates and then we get the new Prime Access, so:

My guess is this:

1.- They make Hype-Sites, and then make the release in 1 week from the release of the site.

2.- Dex Dakra is comming, i have understand that in March 23th is the 2nd Aniversary of Warframe, so DE needs to put an Update/Hotfix to put the files in the game.

So with this i would say between March 18th or March 21th IF we get the hype site this Wednsday/Thursday.

they implied that nothing will come until update 16 releases, thats the point. no updates no hot fixes, nothing

Well like Kthal said, he has 18 days of boosters left so, that puts the PA and update on 29th or 30th which is after the anniversary. Which will break the community. So March 18 or tomorrow. I can feel it.

Well like Kthal said, he has 18 days of boosters left so, that puts the PA and update on 29th or 30th which is after the anniversary. Which will break the community. So March 18 or tomorrow. I can feel it.

if its march 18 for update 16 thats still too long. that would be 3 weeks with no content. 

It did happen though. Ember Prime Access came with U9 iirc.

Perhaps not 9, but I clearly remember her coming out simultaneously with a large update.

I believe it was 11.0 but you're correct in the implication now that I think of it..

Edited by Kestral9999

Prime Access is not an update. Files for new Prime items are already in the game, DE only needs to "unlock" those items server-side. This is why they're able to launch Prime Access on all platform simultaneously.

Quoting for emphasis 'cause not a lot of folk seem to have noticed.

yes it is. every prime acess always downloads something. thats a least a hotfix. and changes the update number. 

Thing is, plans change all the time. I know DE said they won't release any updates or hotfixes so they can focus on releasing U16 as soon as possible, but there's always the possibility that DE would make an exception for a new Prime Access. After all, the files are already in the game.

The same can be said about U16 being released at the same time with the Prime Access. Just because it's unprecedented, doesn't mean it's not possible to happen, if DE choose to do so.

yes it is. every prime acess always downloads something. thats a least a hotfix. and changes the update number. 

Yes, an update in addition to releasing Prime Access.

If your logic is valid, then how do consoles get Prime Access without updating?

Edited by PhantomRUS9