Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The U16 Anticipation Megathread

DonGheddo

Get hyped, get inevitably disappointed, b&m on the forums, repeat for the next update. Every friggin time.

I have not complained about many frames besides Zephyr and that was for obvious reasons that I really don't need to state. 

If you think all feedback is is just B&Ming then I question why you are on the forums in the first place.

How about you be constructive rather than B&Ming about the B&Ming.

Ever heard of this thing called logic? It allows you to make predictions based on the info you have. I don't need an inside source at DE's to assume an explanation of how Prime Access is launched simultaneously on all platforms. And that's beside the point.

The point is Prime Access does not require an update to launch. If it did, PC would get Prime Access before all other platforms, yet it does not. That is because, as I said above, the files for Prime items are already in the game and all DE need to do is to turn a metaphorical switch to allow players access this content.

Just because it's not datamined does not mean it's not in the files. This could be explained by the dataminer not being able to manipulate mesh files, or perhaps that particular file is encrypted somehow.

The mesh files are encrypted. Telling you from the personal experiences of a dataminer. (I didn't, a friend irl did, whose username shall remain anonymous)

Edited by Kestral9999

prove to me that consoles don't download anything during a prime access and i will concede to you. otherwise i wont give you the time of day. 

That would require posting datamined information which is strictly against the forum's rules. Nice try though.

Why are you so obstinate?

That would require posting datamined information which is strictly against the forum's rules. Nice try though.

Why are you so obstinate?

im not trying to be. but it dosent make any sense that they wouldn't download anything, but noone seems to get that part. 

It's being held hostage by me.

If you want it, then you'll have to defeat me in hand to hand combat. Don't even think of trying to use a gun.

In all seriousness, it's around the corner. You could run down the street and peek around the corner to see it. 

Edited by Tymerc

im not trying to be. but it dosent make any sense that they wouldn't download anything, but noone seems to get that part. 

Without going too heavy into details, datamining in and of itself is not an easy process, much harder than that is decrypting mesh files. The mesh files are already in all of our databanks along with the stats and names of the items (which have all been datamined as of now, save for meshes).

For instance, if you were to have gone on reddit prior to Nova Prime's release, you'd have seen meshes for Soma and Vasto Prime as well, long before they were released through prime access. Those files are already in your game, they just have to be accessed properly. Nothing is being downloaded upon the new PA's release. The devs simply have to allow your system to access those files. It practically is flipping a switch.

Edited by Kestral9999

It's being held hostage by me.

If you want it, then you'll have to defeat me in hand to hand combat. Don't even think of trying to use a gun.

In all seriousness, it's around the corner. You could run down the street and peek around the corner to see it. 

*walks outside in the street looking for it*

*an car beeps its horn and a crash is heard*

Just read the official cancellation of Nova Prime Access.

As I said before, it's usually 2-5 weeks after PA starts that an update is released, and usually 1 week after a PA ends that a new one starts.

So, if it ends the 17th....

...the Next starts the 24th...

..and 2 weeks from then is the week of april 5th... which I already said.

As I said before, it's usually 2-5 weeks after PA starts that an update is released, and usually 1 week after a PA ends that a new one starts.

They said no updates.

If anything the first update they will give us before anything else will be U16. = 3=

Im betting on april too.

100% guaranteed its not this week or the next one.

They said no updates.

If anything the first update they will give us before anything else will be U16. = 3=

Note: Datamining has proven that all of the next PA stuff is already in the game, just inaccessible.

They wouldn't have to actually update to unlock it.

The fact that it usually ends 2-5 weeks before a major update has absolutely nothing to do with anything. That's simply because other updates didn't have such long periods in between them like U15 and U16 have, so the PA (which are on their own independent around-3-months-each schedule) all just happened to land at slighty similar (read: slightly) times in the major update lifetime. This time it isn't. 

I'd say next week, because I think they plan to release the next prime at the same time as U16, and the current prime access ends on the 17th.

Nova Prime access ends 17th but Volt Prime access will probably on the 25th.

17th Prime access ends

18th new teaser

25th new Prime access