Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mortal Kombat X Characters Confirmed! [News]

TheErebus.

Game development is expensive. Too expensive, but luckily the good folks at unreal have made the unreal engine 4 FREEEEEEEE.

You can read more about it here: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/unreal-engine-4-now-free-for-everyone/1100-6425627/

And as for the next Mortal Kombat game, here's the list of confirmed and rumored characters to appear in the game.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/every-mortal-kombat-x-character-confirmed-so-far/1100-6425609/

No Smoke?

I am very disappoint.

Rain is probably in. Go to the story trailer to the part where Kotal Kahn is kicked off the building. WHO DROP KICKED HIM? Rain

However, I'm terribly disappointed because he's in his Armageddon outfit, and I hated that one. It was way too royal-esque, and wasn't "warrior" enough. The colors were too bright, he overall appeared his actual position; The Prince of Edenia. Now, while he was born with royal blood, he's a traitor. His clothes should be more sleek, after all he did work for Shao Kahn (but then again, he's dead and has no one to serve anymore given that he pledged his allegiance to Shao Kahn) so he may be embracing his Edenian blood now.

Yes, I realize his costume in MK9 was based off of his alt costume from Armageddon, but it looks better in MK9. Armageddon's alt for him was still too bright and not to mention his voice could not be taken seriously, both in game and in Konquest.

I honestly think I'm gonna cancel my pre-order for MKX. Mortal Kombat was my childhood, I grew up with it. It's the only game I know inside-out, every game's story, every character's story, I love it. But honestly, I may just follow the story through an LP, nothing in MKX is appealing to me too heavily, variations, etc. Brutalities aren't impressive either, they're just combos that end in a kill. The best Brutalities were with Shaolin Monks, where it was just a god-mode and every button you pressed lead to different chains which you could add on to different buttons as well (but I realize MKX isn't a 3D platformer).

My favorite was Deception. My favorite is Chameleon, god in Trilogy, design is amazing in Armageddon (though, I did not like Armageddon as a game too much, the only good things were Chameleon's return, design, some parts of the soundtrack of Konqeust and that's all).

Edited by LazerSkink

I honestly think I'm gonna cancel my pre-order for MKX.

As I always say: Don't just cancel it based on images and trailers. Watch an honest review or try it out for yourself.

You already pre-ordered it, so the only thing that'll be wasted is your time and you may actually end up liking the new things they added in.

I learnt this the hard way with Metro: Last Light. I thought it looked like crap, so I cancelled the pre-order, but man oh man, I regretted it when I decided to give a try 1 month later.

But hey guys here's Scorpion! Don't you guys like Scorpion?

(Disclaimer: I don't hate Scorpion)

Boooooo.

As I always say: Don't just cancel it based on images and trailers. Watch an honest review or try it out for yourself.

You already pre-ordered it, so the only thing that'll be wasted is your time and you may actually end up liking the new things they added in.

Based on images and trailers. Those aren't the only ways to find out what the game has to offer. I'm not cancelling because of what seems to be, I'm cancelling because it's all the real case. Variations, interactive environments, a new story, I've been inside enough to know that this game has lots to offer but none of it is appealing to me. However, the game is releasing in less than 60 days, and it won't really matter whether or not I play it myself because I think I've just gotten over it. I honestly think it's lost the spark it used to have. Just me. I think I've just gotten over the series after a long, long time. Only reason I pre-ordered it at the time was for sentimental value and was hoping I could regain some hype for the series.

Edited by LazerSkink

Based on images and trailers. Those aren't the only ways to find out what the game has to offer. I'm not cancelling because of what seems to be, I'm cancelling because it's all the real case. Variations, interactive environments, a new story, I've been inside enough to know that this game has lots to offer but none of it is appealing to me. However, the game is releasing in less than 60 days, and  It won't really matter whether or not I play it myself, I honestly think it's just it's spark it used to have. Just me. I think I've just gotten over the series after a long, long time.

At least try it out. You already have the pre-order coming, so play it for a few minutes and if it isn't appealing, sell it to someone else.

But in all seriousness, it saddends me we have not heard yet anything about Skarlet, despite the other previously DLC characters now having a story relevance one way or another (ie Rain pretty much being in and Takeshi being Kenshi's son).

However we also see that Kitana is still dead in the progress of the MKX story, judging by the trailer (unless that's undead lady with cracks like Sindel isn't her) so she has to come back somehow (which gives hope for the return of other characters).

However while I know that there are tie-in comics I really do hope they don't rely entirely on them to at least let us know what happened between MK9 and MKX or who the new characters are.

anyone develpoers want to get together and help a noob, cause im downloading

Bah you don't need help, mess around with it until you learn something.

The characters listed are only the characters so far. Hoping for Noob Saibot and Smoke.

But in all seriousness, it saddends me we have not heard yet anything about Skarlet, despite the other previously DLC characters now having a story relevance one way or another (ie Rain pretty much being in and Takeshi being Kenshi's son).

However we also see that Kitana is still dead in the progress of the MKX story, judging by the trailer (unless that's undead lady with cracks like Sindel isn't her) so she has to come back somehow (which gives hope for the return of other characters).

However while I know that there are tie-in comics I really do hope they don't rely entirely on them to at least let us know what happened between MK9 and MKX or who the new characters are.

ZOMBIE KITANA X ZOMBIE LIU KANG CONFIRMED

ZOMBIE KITANA X ZOMBIE LIU KANG CONFIRMED

Heh. Zombie Liu Kang. Best moment ever in Deception, though didn't get a proper intro until Armageddon. I was sad when my (at the time) favorite character got his neck snapped and in the next game...hype. Though, he was a pain in the &#! to unlock.

Have you not heard of Deadly Alliance?

Yeah, I played it, then went immediately to the one & only : MK II on the Super NES...

This one + MK3 ultimate & MK 9 are the best imo. :)

The others are...Okay. Not awful,not amazing, just okay.

Edited by unknow99

Yeah, I played it, then went immediately to the one & only : MK II on the Super NES...

This one + MK3 ultimate & MK 9 are the best imo. :)

The others are...Okay. Not awful,not amazing, just okay.

I respect your opinion. I honestly love all the MK games...ok, well, Armageddon was okay and Special Forces wasn't impressive.

We are not going to talk about DC, we never speak of DC.

Edited by LazerSkink

The Kenshi leak...

mortal-kombat-x-kenshi-screenshot.jpg

Quick Explanation:

This is a screenshot from the mobile game that was leaked, it appears similar to the Injustice mobile. It features "Possessed" Kenshi. This is pretty much a guarantee Kenshi will appear in the game unless mobile for some reason has exclusive characters.