Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simcity Team Has Been Shut Down

TheErebus.

http://www.pcgamer.com/electronic-arts-closes-simcity-studio-maxis-emeryville/

So it seems that EA has decided to shutdown the studio behind SimCity. And while Simcity 4 had tons of issues, it was at the very least a solid game. 

All I have to say is...

IT'S YOUR FAULT EA. YOUR FAULT ALONE FOR FORCING DEVS TO GO FULL ONLINE. HOW STUPID ARE YOU TO THINK THAT THIS IS THE "FUTURE OF GAMING". 

I SWEAR IF MAXIS ENDS UP BEING SHUT DOWN, I WILL LEVEL EA TO THE GROUND.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

http://www.pcgamer.com/electronic-arts-closes-simcity-studio-maxis-emeryville/

So it seems that EA has decided to shutdown the studio behind SimCity. And while Simcity 4 had tons of issues, it was at the very least a solid game. 

All I have to say is...

IT'S YOUR FAULT EA. YOUR FAULT ALONE FOR FORCING DEVS TO GO FULL ONLINE. HOW STUPID ARE YOU TO THINK THAT THIS IS THE "FUTURE OF GAMING". 

I SWEAR IF MAXIS ENDS UP BEING SHUT DOWN, I WILL LEVEL EA TO THE GROUND.

Please, don't hold anything back about how you're feeling right now.

I like that they said the Sims will not be impacted.  Just the Sims.  Specifically the Sims.

It's like they're saying:

"OH BUT DON'T WORRY, THE 50 DLC PACKS FOR SIMS 4 IS STILL COMING. AND THEY'LL ALL BE 30$ BTW WE'RE GOOD GUYS <3" - EA

EA is a horrible horrible company. I used to be a die hard Battlefield fan back in the DICE days. Then EA had to stick their dirty greedy fingers in...I hate the the franchise now. I will forever hold onto every Battlefield that was created before BF3.

You can't keep good developers down. Find your favorites, send them love, look for any projects they might have coming, kickstart with caution, of course.

I'm currently involved in "Camelot Unchained". Those devs have had it rough too, and now it seems like they're in a position similar to DE and Warframe. I can't wait.

add me to the count of the many people who hate EA. the reason why I hate them is for many many things including the Xbox live fee.

I don't want to pay your SH*TY fee for playing a FREE game like warframe. that is one of the many reasons I don't own an Xbox one and probably won't ever will.

in fact I sorta wish I hadn't bought mass effect 1 and 2 even though it was off steam.

for me EA is the company that I watch go down an endless downwards spiral of bad discussions and shame, oh and money loss.

its sort of fun to see really.