Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Sniper Rifles Need To Be Revisited In Warframe?

Arthurious521

I would recommend the snipers receive a damage buff (for all snipers), and a slight crit buff (perhaps not for the vectis though). A better reload speed would also be beneficial in light of the fact that the game is fast-paced. A more reliable critical chance would be great as snipers are dependent on getting heavy hits whilst sacrificing fire-rate.

In its current state, snipers are not only outgunned (in terms of shots fired per second), out-ammo-ed (all snipers give quite a low fire-rate and reload speed notwithstanding the horrible amount of ammo given), and out-damaged (pretty much by most weapons).

Yes, they need to revisit them. I dont know what's wrong with devs to have already changed and not balanced them because Marelock is the only WTF sniper rifle and their stats overall compared with most other weapons dont make them worthwhile at all. If they put long reload and few ammo, each shot damage should be huge with innate several meters punchthrough to make up for the game pace and horde-killing style. 

Edited by Seffard

Yes, they need to revisit them. I dont know what's wrong with devs to have already changed and not balanced them because Marelock is the only WTF sniper rifle and their stats overall compared with most other weapons dont make them worthwhile at all. If they put long reload and few ammo, each shot damage should be huge with native punch through.

Thing is, Marelok only works as a sniper because it doesn't have a scope. If you had to zoom in, it really wouldn't stand out much from other snipers. Which is as much a level/mission design issue as anything.

Thing is, Marelok only works as a sniper because it doesn't have a scope. If you had to zoom in, it really wouldn't stand out much from other snipers. Which is as much a level/mission design issue as anything.

It´s partially true. The zoom feature is nice, but the fast reload speed is another thing too, which I think it's in line with its damage output and mag size.

Edited by Seffard

"we have currently 5 sniper rifles in the Warframe which are the Vectis,Lanka,Snipetron and Snipetron Vandal."

That's 4 actually.

And two of them are unobtainable nowadays, so it's really just 2.

But, I agree, Snipers need something to make then &#! good as everything else.

My Idea,

make the silencer mod for rifles work only for sniper rifles,

so you can no longer have a 100% silent boltor.

But, make a new silencer mod for assault rifles that maxes at 50%.

Also, a damage buff would be nice.

I always wondered why the codex scanner was'nt apart of a snipers scope to begin with. The 2 seem naturally fit for each other.

My prefered solution is if sniper rifles turn into those epic snipers we see in futuristic animes and movies where it behaves more like a giant thick long beam of energy or explosive projectile that tears through anything for half a second or explodes enemies on impact.

I think theres a few tiles on earth/void/phobos/shipyards where snipers zoom function can be useful. However they're not that effective because you cant always spot enemies hiding or moving behind cover being in a 360 degree environment when youre zoomed in leaves you very exposed from allot of angles. We need some indicators while zoomed in to alert you to where the targets are.

When I first started playing the game, I thought the Latron was the first Sniper rifle you could get access to. It's weird that it isn't as it fits the principle in Warframe a little better than some of the other Sniper Rifles. Mainly as it works well at medium ranges, has enough punch as sniping tool and didn't punish you as badly for missed shots as you have a 12 shot magazine.

As I see it, the Sniper Rifles are good support weapons that let you focus on key targets and stay safer. I don't know how they handle in end game, but they clearly have a spot if used correctly, but to they do need differentiation from bows. Looking at the Lanka, I would suggest bows focus on dealing status effects and procs whilst still holding the potency of putting down targets.

I'd suggest all sniper rifles become chargeable at the expense of mobility allowing you to get a bead on a target and build up to huge damage whilst still being able to fire normal shots that still drop mooks, whilst being able to charge up and unleash a high damage shot that doesn't need to headshot but might cause an explosion or guaranteed proc.

If you could use a sniper rifle to trade headshots for the ability to do high damage and a big proc, you'd have a far more flexible weapon.

• 3 weeks later...

Snipers don't need a rework the games tendency to send squishy hordes at you needs to be reworked. Seriously. I'm not asking for bulletsponges, but for enemies who have enough health or wepaons to do little enough damage to actually be a challenge and let single target weapons and abilities actually be good. It a REALLY simple fix. It'll take time, but it's pretty damn easy.

Edited by silkygoodness