Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Social Experiment

Shaydewalker

Hello, I am doing a social experiment testing the responsiveness of people to anonymous posts on the internet with and without  information on what they are responding to. Any personal information given here will not be shown publicly to anyone(not the purpose of the experiment). This experiment will last 72 hours, and all responses will be used as part of a statistic. Now on to the question.

How many family members do you have?

Hundreds of thousands, most of whom are deceased or of a very distant relation.

If you wanna get better answers, you gotta post more specific information. Like "How many living immediate family members do you have?" Otherwise you're gonna get wiseguys like me, who take any opportunity to be ridiculous and run with it, obscuring your data. Okay snark is over.

I hope part of you experiment logs no answer or fake answers.  It is a very bad idea to give away any personal information, no matter how small, on public forums.  That is a recipe for disaster!

Very true. The experiment is over so I can give the rest of the details now. The main purpose of the project was to see how people would respond to a personal question when I do/do not include context on the question asked. I did this twice, the first time I did it, I actually got only direct answers(ones that answer the question) while in this one only one person did. Great data, I'm glad you guys could help!

Very true. The experiment is over so I can give the rest of the details now. The main purpose of the project was to see how people would respond to a personal question when I do/do not include context on the question asked. I did this twice, the first time I did it, I actually got only direct answers(ones that answer the question) while in this one only one person did. Great data, I'm glad you guys could help!

From what i can see, 9/10 people just gave stupid responces