Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Everyone Hating On Tenno Live And Chroma ?

Mikail96

Why do people hate on them? Because the internet is the perfect place for people to share their unshackled frustration without taking other people's feelings into consideration.

Not taking other people's feelings into consideration?! What about our feelings?! You know, the feelings DE crushed underfoot when they gave us this poor excuse for a dragon frame? 

Here's what a good representation of your community thinks of this frame: strawpoll.me/3807541/r 

Because numbers in a poll inflated and blown out of proportion by the hateful vocal minority better represent the community's feedback than constructive criticism and proper discussions do.

No, this isn't what community actually thinks of this frame.

Could you also agree that someone who feels upset and let down are more likely to voice their opinions then say someone who likes it?

What? What does that even mean? They're both as likely. Also, numbers don't lie.

You're in denial.

not gonna lie.... it took me some time to see that frame even remotely look like a dragon. and i can understand most of the communities up roar over the design. i mean lets look at facts, the community did ask for a WESTERN or EASTERN looking dragon..... its not hard to screw that up. yea DE wants to add their own thing but if you as your player base what they want and they tell you option A or option B and you deliver option Q....... ya !@!#ed up!! lol

the design is.... hell the design looks on par with hydroid (no...no offence to hydriod players) in terms of appeal and looks nothing close to what the majority of the community asked for. sad this is will we see it altered or changed? NOPE!! so to the majority community yes this isnt close to what you asked for but just gotta live with it. just do the common rule when companies treat you as such....

close your wallet. they seem to listen when the flow isnt as great.

I'm glad someone else gets this. But it doesn't matter obviously, because it's really the people who never wanted a dragon frame in the first place who are the only ones okay with this frame's design.

because it's really the people who never wanted a dragon frame in the first place who are the only ones okay with this frame's design.

Don't speak for others. I was excited for a dragon themed frame and am pretty satisfied with how DE went about it.

It probably has something to do with being open-minded.

You could hear a pin drop after they showed Chroma at TennoLive. I had to look away from the screen.

I felt so bad for DE at that.

Like, they worked so hard for it and were probably so nervous about what the people would think of it

then have your worries confirmed so sonorously, must be soul crushing

while I personally love him (shaman-frame wearing a dragon pelt, wooo) I can only compare this to a pontiac aztek kind of deal (minus the company killing ofc)

Ya, that's what I see:

Wd58oYQ.jpg

Really? I thought the intention was a samurai with a Shenlong dragon head. It has samurai looking armor on his arms, and legs. It also looks like dragon whiskers coming off its chin. It even has a crest on the top of head like most samurai. Interesting how you saw Viking lol.

Also just wanted to say this Design is absolutely amazing. Its like a bad to the bone dragon samurai warrior. Its too cool with a Warframe universe twist to it. I imagine there really is a dragon hybrid in the Warframe universe that looks rather similar. DE keep up the good work in making us excited for the world of Warframe.

Also to those hating on it. This is exactly what I imagined the dragon Warframe to look. Well more twisted in appearance to be honest. This is alot lighter than I imagined. Not to mention it looks almost like a Vauban gone Dragon man if you look at it long enough. So it still has its Warframe-ness.

Edited by Arlayn

I'm okay with Chroma. People complained loudly after Limbo about their dislike for "themed" warframes, where their appearance is very recognizable and fits their style (Limbo is a stage magician, magically disappearing at will for example). If I remember correctly, DE said they'll stop making themed frames and go back to that chaotic and organic look like the original frames.

And now we have Chroma. DE kept their word, people still not happy. I'm personally looking forward to it.

I'm far more anxious to get the sentients though, the enemy that forced the Orokin to create the Tenno. I wanna see why they needed the Tenno to combat them.

Chroma's design is rather very rebellious.

Chroma's design is a Testosterone trip. ITS A SAMURAI WITH A SHENLONG DRAGON HEAD!!! Its Vauban wearing samurai armor on his arms, and legs. Then the head is a Shenlong dragon head it even has whiskers on the chin, and it has a crest on the head instead of two horns away from each other they come together looking like a crest for a samurai armor instead almost like a Lotus petal if you look at it.

We Just need dual Dragon Nikana on each side of the hips AND HE IS PERFECT!!! He will be so bad to the bone he could be a character in Soul Calibur, and a Cyborg in a Metal Gear Rising 2 (If they ever make a sequel). He is such a bad to the bone samurai... Finally we are getting a warframe with a far more samurai like appearance. Not to mention a head that looks cool for a change compared to the new comers that came before him.

Wait I found out why people don't like him!  It is a subconcious hate.

At the end of the snout you see two yellow marks and the white bit.  The white bit is his tongue.  He's sticking his tongue out at you.

Such sass.  I like him more.

Actually, a Dragon/Nikana with a tanto-like shortsword would be nice, and keeping well with the Samurai vibe. 

Well, the Dex Dakra is going to be a dual weapon, is it not? You could put that on Chroma, instead of the dual dragon nikana, which doesn't even exist in the game.

I felt so bad for DE at that.

Like, they worked so hard for it and were probably so nervous about what the people would think of it

then have your worries confirmed so sonorously, must be soul crushing

while I personally love him (shaman-frame wearing a dragon pelt, wooo) I can only compare this to a pontiac aztek kind of deal (minus the company killing ofc)

The reaction was really bad. Compare the reaction to the Chroma reveal with the reaction to Sentient reveal.

Applause and cheering at the Sentient reveal, complete silence at the Chroma reveal.