Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Press 4 To Win A Problem? Yes How To Solve ? Simple

Doughalo2

but if you adapt

it's an abuse, not adoptation.

You got team without trinity?? enjoy being energy starved

qE8ZHEq.jpg

duration silly :::P

if you don't have 99% of damage reduction by a combination of link and blessing - you are dead.

and most of the time you don't need that at all. because there are just better ways to play.

trinity is obsolete.

Edited by LeshJaeThiHah

qE8ZHEq.jpg

How long can you keep up with crafting these restores, i actually lost 0.5mil credits during around 8hours of running tactical alert while formating my archwing stuff, all on fusion.

Even while running purely t4 voids it would be highlly inefficient to use abilities and not use trinity.

And pls dont try to suggest booster, having to use a boost to even keep up with income smells like a p2w from a mile.

Edited by Davoodoo

stephano for polymers, draco for circuits. nanospores? yeah right. credits? T4I 1 round. selling oberon parts, mods etc.

anyway it's hardly matters don't you think? i have enough resources to build a solar rail for a moon clan, and on this account i have enough resources to craft large energy restores for my saryn.

point is - that there is no reason to waste a spot in a group for a frame that can't offer anything for this group. healing? nope. tanking? haha no. energy? please i will have more energy from the restores. always.

trinity is useless.

and what is more important do we really need that amount of energy? sure if you farm draco you may need it, but draco farm is not really a good demonstration of wf gameplay. or is it?

p.s. i should remind topic starter that wf is a horde game. and press 'x' button to win is kinda a thing is these games. too bad that such approach is immersion breaking.

p.p.s. do you remember ammo boxes? these were limited use for mission, like REALLY limited use, 8 tops. now i have 200 restores just from one player.

Edited by LeshJaeThiHah

Warframe tried that already. it was not successful in Warframe.

Players stood around and waited for Cooldowns to finish.

if they were unable to wait for Cooldowns to finish, they died.

it went poorly.

In that case add cooldowns back in to increase choice, by forcing players either to rush or spam.

This. Seriously, the people whining that the game is 4-to-win obviously haven't made it far enough to where 4's do less than a third of the enemies' health and makes you a sitting duck for your trouble.

Wow, quite the statement there. So what you're saying is that the people asking for a nerf hasn't played for long enough to experience the point where damage stops working on abilities... 

Where's your source? Got the numbers? Any actual statistics? Or is it just an opinion you developed after seeing people discuss something you don't agree with? 

I'm going with the latter. 

Press 4 to win is not game flaw, Warframe is a game where u use powers so why useing one should let u win it. Image LoL or Dota 2 without any abilities. Its not powers that we should change but difficulty system.

Wow, quite the statement there. So what you're saying is that the people asking for a nerf hasn't played for long enough to experience the point where damage stops working on abilities... 

Where's your source? Got the numbers? Any actual statistics? Or is it just an opinion you developed after seeing people discuss something you don't agree with? 

I'm going with the latter. 

Did you try Pheonix tactical on hardest difficulty? There you had level 100-150 enemies and no team that participated had a frame like ember or saryn. Why? Coz their abilities relay on damage and damage scales with enemy levels terribly. Utility stays the same so Slow Nova and Disarm Loki were the best choices.

Press 4 to win is not game flaw, Warframe is a game where u use powers so why useing one should let u win it. Image LoL or Dota 2 without any abilities. Its not powers that we should change but difficulty system.

The problem is that in most cases, one ability(usually #4) is the only ability you need to get past whatever is in your way.

Nobody is trying to neuter casters, but currently casters only end up using one ability most of the time because the other 3 aren't necessary, nor worth it. 

In what situations would it be more beneficial to use a single-target ability compared to a radial nuke? Considering how accessible radial nukes are, never... Unless you're a frame that isn't built around radial nukes, I.E one of the better frames in this game. 

Did you try Pheonix tactical on hardest difficulty? There you had level 100-150 enemies and no team that participated had a frame like ember or saryn. Why? Coz their abilities relay on damage and damage scales with enemy levels terribly. Utility stays the same so Slow Nova and Disarm Loki were the best choices.

Other than further establishing what we already know (utility is king), I don't see your point here... 

But from what I've read, the only way to win that event was to abuse powers that nullifies the enemy's ability to fight back completely, because otherwise you got one-shot. 

Edited by TwiceDead

In that case add cooldowns back in to increase choice, by forcing players either to rush or spam.

wat

everyone will choose Energy over Cooldowns because then you can always use your Abilities. constantly.

i don't even know what you're really saying. choose between Cooldowns or Energy? that's a terrible choice because they aren't even remotely equal.

exploit powers that nullifies the enemy's ability to fight back completely, because otherwise you got one-shot. 

exploit is rather harsh word. it wasn't an exploit. it's how we play "high level" content for a year and a half.

and yes from a perspective of 99% damage reduction and skyhigh damage output from the mob we don't really have much choice on frames, weapons and mods.

but scaling system and push4towin are two different problems.

exploit is rather harsh word. it wasn't an exploit. it's how we play "high level" content for a year and a half.

and yes from a perspective of 99% damage reduction and skyhigh damage output from the mob we don't really have much choice on frames, weapons and mods.

but scaling system and push4towin are two different problems.

Exploit is the correct word, and unfortunately, yes, that is how we've been playing this game for a year and a half. 

Otherwise, I agree. P4TW and scaling are two different problems. 

Edited by TwiceDead

what you are saying is that DE made an alert that was doomed to failure for a player base unless they exploit their way to victory.

this is not true.

Davoodoo in his post actually explained the algorithm of the event, but the thing is - we should not play against level 100-150 mobs. because game is not balanced there.

it is an abuse of game mechanics sure, but not an exploit.

Preach it brother! If he's pressing 4 to win he isn't going to the right levels.

FIRST OF ALL spamming with trin is ok because that is what trin was made for!

EDIT FLEETING EXPERTISE

The whole point to a corrupted mod is to have a down side, with frames with no duration (e.g. all spam frames)

they have no duration, thus no downside. Make it take range, or power away OR health or shield

Take a look at narrow minded... even on frames that require duration, they ALSO need range (for the most part)

and overextended ? same deal !

fixed, but with alot of angry people, but its for the good of the game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where was it ever written that trinity was made to advocate spamming?

Nowhere... Trinity has other abilities as well, as was meant for support via aiding allies by replenishing their health, energy and shields(both HP and shields get maxed when bless is used).

If you don't like using your powers, simply do not use them. Don't ask the game to change to fit your flavour, however. WarFrame is a game where we all can play however we wish. Your inability to not press a couple of buttons does not dictate that the game should devastate some of its very core mechanics.

To further expand on this ... If you want to make the game harder on yourself.. just stop pressing 4 :)

problem is even if you nerf it so pressing 4 isn't an option any more.. it won't change the FACT that Warframe rewards players for mass killing so if it isn't pressing 4 to win.. it will be something else that can mass kill.

Also because this is how the game rewards players best currently, you not pressing 4 to win will ensure that you get left behind whilst others who play the game as it is currently designed to be played will be launching ahead in leaps and bounds.

The alternative to this type of reactionary band-aid fix approach is something along the lines of Tactic Selections : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/383582-tactic-selections-putting-a-stop-to-macro-farming-rng-and-grind-walls/

the problem i see with this thread is that people want challenge. so how do they want this challenge? nerf everything till it can't walk (figurative, don't flip out). why not make challenge for yourself? this game is pretty open. get some friends together and make some odd requirements.

example:

did a t4s before nullifers and bombards were added mind you. rules were as followed: can only use aklex and kogake. no corrupted mods, dual stat mods, or power efficiency mods on the warframe. we got to the 45m mark and it was fun yet challenging. it also was funny to watch people wall running and gunning down a heavygunner with the aklex with firerate mods or kick something across the room. team was 2 desecrate nekros, speed volt and invis loki.

Edit: added what the team composition was.

Edited by RafaelFuchs