Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fyi Mesa Users

The_Ellimist

I don't want this to sound like a rant but a request from Tenno to Tenno so here we go. Mesa is an awesome frame that can swoop in and rain bullets down across the map, really clean up when things get tough. However Mesa users it is not ABSOLUTELY necessary to immediately spam gunslinger at the beginning of  everything. There are other skill that can be utilized. Just as how it's annoying for a rhino how is built for duration cause roar is important to spam the hell out of stomp. Or slow nova to immediately spam MP when enemies are still a mile away, Mesa can also ruin a match  For example out of boredom i join a T1 def. T4 is normally my first choice, but what happens from 5 seconds into wave 1 thru  wave 30 BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM. more boredom. i've noticed that this is not exclusive to Mastery rank and happens every single time. The only frame ability that gunslinger even has any synergy with is nova's MP. So if excals and rhinos can learn to not spam there 4th as much maybe the mesa users can lay off "PRESS 4 TO WIN" and enjoy the game. 

Thank you

Edited by QuarkBlade

If you were the host you could've simply asked the person to change the frame instead of telling people how to play the frame they're using. If the host was Mesa than you're only choice is to leave

Edited by izzatuw

As you are selectively joining/recruiting you can discuss the play style you'd like to pursue for the match. If there are fundamental disagreements you can go your separate ways.

I think many mesa players taking this approach are simply interested in time efficient play with minimal risk.

Yes all of that is obvious but Most people in pubs dont listen and i would rather just have fun than spend every time trying to persuade some one to just lighten up a bit on the spamming or constantly re joining different groups. I dont think im asking too much here. Like when Mirage came out and people complained of HoM causing lag with things like stug or mitter.  

Who actually enjoys killing enemies in T1-T2 Void missions, they are so easy to kill. If he's getting you to higher rounds quicker. I wouldn't complain.

But you obviously don't. You remind me of that guy complaining about he lost a game because him and two others got bored and decided to afk because of the Excalibur getting all kills. Please don't tell me, you stayed in the mission. Got the rewards then moaned about the game.

Yes all of that is obvious but Most people in pubs dont listen and i would rather just have fun than spend every time trying to persuade some one to just lighten up a bit on the spamming or constantly re joining different groups. I dont think im asking too much here. Like when Mirage came out and people complained of HoM causing lag with things like stug or mitter.  

Then my statement still applies: do not join pubs. Form your own squad without a Mesa. Other people are not obliged to cater to your playstyle.

Think of it this way: you joined the mission out of boredom, but everyone else was probably there for loot. So, they likely just wanted the grind to be over with as quickly as possible. Can you really blame them?

The only frame ability that gunslinger even has any synergy with is nova's MP

lol really...

Ever heard of Total Eclipse? The augment that outclasses rhino roar 500%

Limbo making her invulnurable and giving energy regen.

I think the problem lies in the fact that mesa makes rhino feel a bit useless.

#MesaMasterRace

So what are the other useful powers?

Shooting Gallery is litterally useless considering:

-the damage boost is added to the weapon's base damage

-the jamming lash doesn't work very well. It jams enemies "on touch". (Narrow Minded mod also, a must have if you want duration, will break it even more)

Ballistic Battery is a single target power, it takes a little time to recharge for the next shot (depends on affinity gained)

My favourite powers are Shatter Shield and well, Peacemaker.

Shatter Shield will give you 95% damage reduction with just a bit of power strength. It works very well on higher levels too. It protects from some knockdowns too.

Peacemaker is the key power. Sometimes you will regret not having Mesa in team.

The crybaby is strong with this one.  How about you stick to yourself and let other people do their own thing instead of acting like some self-entitled brat.  You wouldn't like it if others told you how to play so stick to the Golden Rule.

Honestly, if mesa is in my team during defense mission, i couldn't be happier. I once use mesa in a t1d, soooo much fun, nobody complained i got most of the kills. Hell, the host keeps inviting me to t1d afterwards.

I think people are missing OP's point. He's trying to say don't unnecesarilly spam your abilities. Think about it. If you for example spam Nova's MP at early waves where they are easy to take out, it just slows everything down. If you use peacemaker it just unnecesarilly spreads all the loot. Sure there's nothing stopping you from spamming but its not efficient when not necesary.

I think people are missing OP's point. He's trying to say don't unnecesarilly spam your abilities. Think about it. If you for example spam Nova's MP at early waves where they are easy to take out, it just slows everything down. If you use peacemaker it just unnecesarilly spreads all the loot. Sure there's nothing stopping you from spamming but its not efficient when not necesary.

No, he's saying "Stop using Peacemaker Mesa users, because I know better what is fun to you"

I think people are missing OP's point. He's trying to say don't unnecesarilly spam your abilities. Think about it. If you for example spam Nowava's MP at early waves where they are easy to take out, it just slows everything down. If you use peacemaker it just unnecesarilly spreads all the loot. Sure there's nothing stopping you from spamming but its not efficient when not necesary.

You got a point, but OP was doing T1 Def.

Do you really need the alloy plates? rofl

and besides, Mesa actually speeds the boring early game up and brings you into the more exciting mid / late game.

He should be thankfull to mesa players.

Edited by ddaavveeFTW

No, he's saying "Stop using Peacemaker Mesa users, because I know better what is fun to you"

He's talking about early waves. I didn't read anywhere telling us to stop using peacemaker completely.

Edited by kubbi

So what are the other useful powers?

Honestly, whenever I play Mesa I find myself spamming Shooting Gallery more than anything else. There are just so many good things about it. It's only at its best when the team sticks together though.

I also use Ballistic Battery too. I just save it for things like Corrupted Bombard Eximus units, or if I just want to kill a stronger enemy with a weaker weapon. It also synergies AMAZINGLY with a Life Leech Furis if I want to immediately refill my health at any given moment. That Rage-Mesa + Leech Furis combo  is super fun.

I actually rarely use Peacemaker. Only when it's completely necessary (I don't usually have max efficiency with my Mesa so I can't spam it forever anyway)

I disagree. To me, it sounds more like he's asking people to consider other players in the game, and how much fun they might be having watching you kill everything while they just sit there without having a chance to contribute. Of course, It's not a problem just limited to Mesa though.

Honestly, whenever I play Mesa I find myself spamming Shooting Gallery more than anything else. There are just so many good things about it. It's only at its best when the team sticks together though.

I also use Ballistic Battery too. I just save it for things like Corrupted Bombard Eximus units, or if I just want to kill a stronger enemy with a weaker weapon. It also synergies AMAZINGLY with a Life Leech Furis if I want to immediately refill my health at any given moment. That Rage-Mesa + Leech Furis combo  is super fun.

I actually rarely use Peacemaker. Only when it's completely necessary (I don't usually have max efficiency with my Mesa so I can't spam it forever anyway)

I disagree. To me, it sounds more like he's asking people to consider other players in the game, and how much fun they might be having watching you kill everything while they just sit there without having a chance to contribute. Of course, It's not a problem just limited to Mesa though.

Adding on to this I don't mind Mesas at all, especially on high rank defences. But when you and a couple guys are just messing around with low rank missions and warframes for fun and then a maxed out Mesa joins and proceeds to annihilate every enemy in a 50 mile radius before you can even get close. Well it gets annoying very quickly.