The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Another Memory Leak?

Noraura

Playing with 4 friends and tonight Warframe has exceeded 1,500,000+ Memory in Task manager. My CPU usage history looks like it's trying to monitor an earthquake.

Ice tileset is a factor too, as I've had the most performance issues there. Trying an earth tileset now with the same four friends to see if i still have issues.

Anyone else having problems?

Ice tileset is a factor too, as I've had the most performance issues there.

Yes, the ice planet tileset does cut down my performance as well.

Is there any chance you might be able to provide an example of a node where Ice Planet suffers the most?

Yes, the ice planet tileset does cut down my performance as well.

Hm, today I was playing Spy mission on Corpus Ship tileset and Warframe was using 2Gb of memory. So I'm not sure if the problem is in Ice Planet tileset.

Edit:

PC specs.

CPU: i5-4460  3.20GHz

GPU: MSI 4Gb GTX 770 TF

Ram: GeIL EVO Two 16Gb 

Edited by ngrazer

I`ve had horrible memory leaks too, in one case i was on Akkad and the game was eatin somewhere @ 6.9 GB of ram, yes that`s allmost 7 gigs, i had like 0.02 fps, high cpu usage 40-60% (on a 8 core cpu) and it finally crashed after 3 mins or so.

That amount and more of memory in use is the norm for my pc for warframe and has been for months.  It sits at 1.8gig working and 2gig committed, so unless you have a lot applications running in background taking memory windows needs or still using 32bit OS so limited t 3gig of memory, you shouldn't struggle.

But you haven't listed your PC specs so those are guesses.

The memory consumption depends on the amount of RAM you have and the graphics settings(this doesn't have a big impact but it is noticeable on low memory systems)

You can check if you need to upgrade the memory using the Resource Monitor and watching if you get a big amount of Hard Faults(this happens when the system uses the HDD allocated memory in stead of the RAM making the system slower).

I upgraded from 4 to 8 GB and the amount of memory that the game uses does not differ much but I have fewer crashes and i can use multiple applications while I have the game running.

If you're using a x32 system then you're stuck with the 4GB, have that in mind before buying more RAM, and yes the game uses between 1,5 GB and 2 GB. If you see that it uses too much memory try to close some background processes or services. 

I really appreciate the amount of interest that DE has in making the game run on old or low spec systems, Kudos to you guys.

Edited by robertdin

I've found that it leaks normally, and it seems to be based on how many players you interact with. When I start the game up, it normally runs around 300mb ram.

After a few missions, it will be around 900mb of ram.

If I run things solo, it will climb slowly.

If I run things in groups, it quickly goes past 1,300mb.

If I had to guess, a large part of the problem is that gear and such of players is loaded into memory, and then left there. In some ways this makes sense, but it also explains why the game constantly balloons in size.

I've found that it leaks normally, and it seems to be based on how many players you interact with. When I start the game up, it normally runs around 300mb ram.

After a few missions, it will be around 900mb of ram.

If I run things solo, it will climb slowly.

If I run things in groups, it quickly goes past 1,300mb.

If I had to guess, a large part of the problem is that gear and such of players is loaded into memory, and then left there. In some ways this makes sense, but it also explains why the game constantly balloons in size.

i have a way around this smart ram from advanced system care :3

I'm having a memory leak that I'm pretty sure is Warframe. It eats up all 8GB of my ram. I run RAMMap and the nonpaged pool is sitting at 5.4GB. It first happened on Sunday. I did some googling and changed a value in the registry, restarted and all was fine. Then it just happened again. I've been playing Elite Dangerous most of the day and had no issues whatsoever. I jump on WF, kill Sargas Ruk a few time then jump in an Orokin Derelict with a friend to do some vault runs, then the game starts stuttering real bad then completely locks up.

ji0sw7.png

OP here. Apologies, I had forgotten about this thread from last night.

My specs are:

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti

Ram: 16gb of Corsair

CPU: Intel® Core i5-4460 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs)

Perhaps I might have been hosting the game, as a quick restart later remedied my problem for 20 minutes or so. I don't have any issues when playing alone (Not solo, Friends only).

I play on mostly high settings, with Local reflections turned off. DX11. Geometry detail, Particle quality, Shadow quality and Texture memory are on Medium-Medium-Low-High respectively. PhysX is off too.

Is there any chance you might be able to provide an example of a node where Ice Planet suffers the most?

Apologies, I really can't remember. It was across all of the new Corpus ice tilesets however. 

Edited by Pandolu